Your favorite Black Ops moment

DJDerp

With Black Ops 2 just around the corner I wanted to bring back somewhat of a memory thread. Since MW3 sucks, I'm assuming everyone who normally plays CoD plays Black Ops. Well I was curious what everyones favorite, funniest, epic moment on BO was. Doesn't have to be zombies, could be MP. Tell me what your favorite memory was.

Mine was around March last year on XBOX and I got 22 kills in search and the whole lobby was screaming.

My funniest memory was on the PS3, I was playing with some friends and one of them sucked (I'm mean SUCKED) at zombies. At the end around level 20 I had double the amount of headshots he had total kills.

Now I am curious what yours are.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say one of my best moments was back in one of the first "Nuketown 24/7" Double XP weekends and my friend and I tore it up, going from Rank 21 to 48 in a matter of a few hours. One specific match, we dominated them so bad, I pulled out my chopper gunner three times in one game of Domination. I had a total of 98 and 12 KD spread, and between all the challenges I got, I believe I had somewhere around 43k in XP that game. XD

My favorite part of Black Ops has to go to the campaign. The first time you jump off the cliff and skydive I was screaming like crazy. I tend to get really into the game when I play, and I was buzzing at the time. It really was one of those "OH SH*T!" moments where you heart skips a beat and your breathing gets heavy. I'll never forget that part of Black Ops.

The day Rezurrection was confirmed was another HUGE one, followed by discovering No Man's Land for the first time.

When Reznov turned out to be a figment of Mason's imagination. That was a big wtf/omg moment for me. Was not expecting it, but the playing through it a second time, it was so obvious.

For MP, I think it was probably when I went into a Wager Match, in High Roller (10,000 CoD Points buy-in). I was about to Prestige, and CP gets reset, so I thought what the heck.

I was so lucky, because gamemode and map is random. Nuketown, Gun Game. A favourite map and mode of mine. The match was so intense, I honestly didn't think I had a chance, nor cared if I lost. But at the start, when I was just owning quickly, I decided to actually try, since I had a chance. Dying moments of the match, Me and someone else had Ballistics, while someone else had Crossbow.

Managed to win which I was pretty happy about. Than the unthinkable happened while it was on the scoreboard.

Host Migration

Which means, the host left, but no one else could host, and the game technically ended prematurely. I didn't get 30,000 CP, and I wasn't refunded 10,000 either because I prestiged, which I think canceled it basically. Was an epic moment turned sour.

Lastly, watching the CotD trailer at school I think was my highlight for zombies. I was so excited for it, and I just kept re-watching it just because of how amazing it looked.

Well, friends and I turned up in a wager match (you know the one's you randomly get invited to?) Apparently even though GLs now take two hits to kill you with (unless making contact on the body) and cannot be scavenged, oh and is nerfed at the rounds beginning to prevent spawn killing :P, even though all of that is present, the full 9 player clan we faced (may I add we play for laughs, not to win like them :3) claimed this 'nooby tactic' had unbalanced our match, the cause for our easy win :D

Of course we accepted for the fun of it, hilarity ensued, due to them foolishly choosing Sticks and Stones for a mach with me, a guy who spent his time on CoD 1 - 5 running around knifing, and in games since then; throwing knifing, for fun :3.

Let's just say everyone came first with 0 points :mrgreen: May I point out this was the High Roller game mode and had a full group :D

• 1 month later...

Well....

The campaign was AMAZING! Very memorable and gripped me in, I didn't want to stop playing which is what a good campaign/story should do. I remember the part where you were inside that little hole with someone and all of a sudden a man would jump out and kill the guy. For me this was terrifying (anything jumpy I hate :D I'm a chicken really!) , I tried to run back the way I came.... didn't help much but the need to know the ending carried me on!

Also that scene with the Russian Roulette game, that was brill! I sat there, eyes to the screen waiting to see what happened next! Loved it!

For Zombies it was probably doing the EE on moon with four (one left half way through) randoms. Only one had the mic and would keep saying "teleport" and eventually with that guide we opened up the pyramid and there Sam was... we then went on to complete the rest of the egg getting the perks and the timed DM. This was also the game I got to my highest round yet of 36 but left as it was late and I had college the next day :| Oh well, next time I'll stay and get it on the leaderboards! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the most memorable part of Black Ops for me was Project Nova. It felt so good to play back in the days of WWII with Dimitri by my side this time. It just felt so awesome throughout the entire mission, like it was an homage to WaW. I loved WaW.

PS I hated how Dimitri died. I had never been so angry with a game than I was with that scene.

I think for me, it was in general the whole game, as a player of MP I loved COD4 and what black ops managed to do that MW2 didn't was to keep quite simple and add a few Arcady like games.

Also the return of zombies and I was also impressed with the way the upped it a bit (and of course upping it again for BLOPSII)

But for me there wasn't one particular moment the game was brilliant.

But maybe if I'm being forced to pick a moment it would have to be the first time of playing COTD and seeing the size of the map!!