Black Ops II - New Viral "Cordis Die"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordis Die > Latin for The Heart

In the Villain trailer, we have someone that looks almost identical to Alex Mason as an older figure, giving (Or receiving) the "Heart Shaped Pendant" which is also indicated in the classified dashboard image. So, we do know that obviously, the heart shaped pendant has some extreme significance in the campaign. Also, if Menendez were to indeed own the channel with over 50,000,000 subscribers (Cordis Die) he wouldn't randomly select the Latin name for "heart" would he?

The magazine cover states Raul Menendez is a 60 year old Nicaraguan. The man in the video appears to be a little bit older, but not by much. It's hard to make out the date on the magazine, but it appears to be 2025.

Cordis Die, or "The Heart" appears to be some sort of revolutionary movement sweeping across America. Raul Menendez is the supposed "savior" of the 99%, sparking a revolt against the 1% of the people (corporations and governments) that run this country.

However it appears that "Raul Menendez" is only using this revolt for his own agendas. Perhaps "The Heart" has an alternate meaning for striking at "the heart" of America.

I think that Cordis Die is the codename for the "Revolution" to bring down the 1%.

The Directors and Treyarch have stated that they want to make this game as realistic as possible they even went to experts to identify possible future conflicts.

I'm sure while the story was being produced the Occupy Movement was at it's height and the term 99% was being thrown around on the news daily.

If enough people truly got behind such a movement codenamed "Cordis Die" they would plan on wiping out America's entire economic model in hope of "equality". Sound familiar? This is actually happening in real life right now, there are lots of political groups that actually want to remove a Free Market Economy and use Government to stimulate the wealth of the 99% Almost like communism, but they don't call it that, they call it wealth equality.

Notice that at 0:38 the Eastern Asian cities in China (Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong)are "Cordis Die targets"

Cordis Die is simply a codename for the plan to use this movement of rebelling against those in charge of the economy, but for Menendez it means getting revenge for whatever happened with Mason and Woods in Afghanistan back while the Soviets were fighting the Mujaheddin.

One more important point to bring up is that he is targeting China. http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2012/05/16 ... th-metals/

China currently holds the most power in Rare Earth Metals and has a significant market influence. We know that people get mad at governments whenever they do drastic things to obtain oil, think about the kind of revolution that could be in place if America did something drastic to China over rare earth metals.

The People would be outraged, there are many possibilities that keep me guessing which is why I like Treyarch.

But if I had to guess what this new trailer means and the "viral video" it is that America is so strongly opposed to the government and 1% that they think is screwing things up, and perhaps even so strongly opposed to China over rare Earth Metals that they are willing to put their trust in Raul, a former terrorist. Perhaps he makes promises to help America, recruits members of Anonymous or similar hacking groups (After all Anonymous is the #1 opposition to "the 1%" behind the Occupy movement) and uses their tools to "steal the keys" and attack.

Just some of my thoughts, can't wait for this game anymore.

EDIT: Just in-case anybody is wondering what a narcoterrorist is, which may provide some hints at Raul's background and connection to this "Revolution"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcoterrorism

EDIT2: Another thing the Magazine is dated 2021, I believe that is 4 years before the actual attack.