Moon Walking Astro Zombie

Marlinals173

I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but has anyone heard of a solution to the moon walking astronaut? I feel like, with BO 2 coming out in the near future, they aren't coming out with any more patches for Black Ops. Does anyone know of an easy way to prevent him from doing this glitch when you throw a gersh? Sorry if this is a repost. Any and all replies are welcome. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but has anyone heard of a solution to the moon walking astronaut? I feel like, with BO 2 coming out in the near future, they aren't coming out with any more patches for Black Ops. Does anyone know of an easy way to prevent him from doing this glitch when you throw a gersh? Sorry if this is a repost. Any and all replies are welcome. Thanks in advance!

I love it when I get butt chased. Its hilarious plus adds a brief challenge. Best way to prevent it though, is make sure somebody has QED's and tosses one hoping for it to explode its nice big asstronaut explosion.

Well, you could shoot him... Dunno if killing him would stop him chasing you or not...

In seriousness, It is either not a glitch at all, so ingrained into the coding they can't do anything about it, or they're choosing not to patch it.

Notice how the Astronaut enters an entirely new animation when it moonwalks. The developers would have to code in that animation, along with when it happens. This lends credence the thought that it isn't a glitch.

However, MixMasterNut (Or MurderxMachinex) said that it could be buried so far back into the coding they would have to dismantle the entire map to get back to it.

Zombies chasing after you with their heads blown off was originally a glitch, and the developers thought that was "Totally badass" and left it in. They could like this "glitch" as well, and simply decide to keep it in.

However, because of the animation coded in, I figure it's not a glitch, and wonder how people ever got that idea.

Start hitting the jumper pads in the biodome. If you get lucky, on one of your jumps the astronaut will eventually stop moving and dance in place like this...

However beware that there are several things that could set the astronaut off, so that he/she is moonwalking fast at you again. Continuing to jump on the pads can set him off. Throwing a gersch device around him will likely set him off. If you teleport to NML, when you return to the receiving bay the astronaut will now be moonwalking towards you, so watch out.

IMO if the astronaut glitches out on you, your best bet is to get him to dance in place. Then at the end of the round, get a crawler on the board, and take out the astronaut. Better to have a new astronaut at full health than a glitched out unstable astro chasing you around the map.

*I apologize if my advice is considered a 'glitch' in itself, thus against CoC. Seems like the only answer to this astro man glitch is neutralize it with another glitch. At this point, it's more of a solution to this gamebreaking problem than Treyarch has offered.

My fav map is still broken,

- Mix

To get the astronaut to dance, you mustbe in the air from a launcher,and the Astronaut's targeting gets screwed up (I think) but yeah. So getting him to dance is extremely difficult.

Smart move by Treyarch though. They knew it might've happened so they programmed an Easter egg into it.

I still wanna see how the Moonwalking is a glitch though... :?

Superhands had a pretty great strategy by trapping him in one of the tunnels when it excavates. I always try to wait to kill the astro since his health grows every time he respawns, but that seems to be the only easy solution to the problem. I can always try just not using gersch devices, but they are pretty important when it comes to getting time to hack a power up into a max ammo. Thanks for all the feedback.

I still wanna see how the Moonwalking is a glitch though... :?

It's not intended behavior. That's what makes it a glitch.

What's the full and complete zombies story then?

What? You don't know?

So you're not from Treyarch?

How do you know it's not intended behavior? Did a dev. ever say so? I've never seen one say it...

What's the full and complete zombies story then?

What? You don't know?

So you're not from Treyarch?

How do you know it's not intended behavior? Did a dev. ever say so? I've never seen one say it...

Sounds like you are putting a whole lot of words in my mouth that I never said. I don't appreciate that.

The Moonwalking thing is too illogical to be intended. The whole movement doesn't make any sense. If it was an actual "moonwalk" then the animation would be smooth like Michael Jackson.

I've seen what the Astronaut should do a few times, and that's why I say the moonwalking is a glitch. What the Astronaut is suppose to do is moonwalk to the gersch device as if being sucked in, and once the effect of the gersch device ends, the astronaut resumes walking slowly towards you as normal. Thats logical behavior.

Does anyone know the actual cause of the moonwalking zombie? Because I have had games before where I have purposely thrown a gersh directly at the Astro before and he didn't glitch. But just recently, in my games, anywhere I throw the gersh devices it enables the glitch. I guess I should say, is there a safe place to throw gersh's anymore if you are in a game where the Astro will moonwalk?

Does anyone know the actual cause of the moonwalking zombie? Because I have had games before where I have purposely thrown a gersh directly at the Astro before and he didn't glitch. But just recently, in my games, anywhere I throw the gersh devices it enables the glitch. I guess I should say, is there a safe place to throw gersh's anymore if you are in a game where the Astro will moonwalk?

There's all kinds of explanations. Some people say it's from killing him too many times, others say it's being online. Who knows? lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have found that if you do not hack the pap then the moonwalking astro glitch does not happen. And when you hack the pap then the moonwalking astro glitch starts. Not a 100% on this but the last few games I've played that is how it has been working.

Interesting observation. I'll keep this in mind and try to experiment with it if I ever get back to playing this map

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you could shoot him... Dunno if killing him would stop him chasing you or not...

In seriousness, It is either not a glitch at all, so ingrained into the coding they can't do anything about it, or they're choosing not to patch it.

Notice how the Astronaut enters an entirely new animation when it moonwalks. The developers would have to code in that animation, along with when it happens. This lends credence the thought that it isn't a glitch.

However, MixMasterNut (Or MurderxMachinex) said that it could be buried so far back into the coding they would have to dismantle the entire map to get back to it.

Zombies chasing after you with their heads blown off was originally a glitch, and the developers thought that was "Totally badass" and left it in. They could like this "glitch" as well, and simply decide to keep it in.

However, because of the animation coded in, I figure it's not a glitch, and wonder how people ever got that idea.

I'm pretty sure the moonwalking is a glitch. The reason the animation is coded in is because that's what he looks like when a Gersch device is pulling him towards it, but he's not supposed to continue the animation after the Gersch goes away and he's not supposed to be going towards you while doing the animation.

As for the Astronaut dancing in the middle of the biodome, I suspect it's also a glitch. I've only ever seen the astronaut getting his funk on in front of PhD Flopper.

I'm pretty sure the moonwalking is a glitch. The reason the animation is coded in is because that's what he looks like when a Gersch device is pulling him towards it, but he's not supposed to continue the animation after the Gersch goes away and he's not supposed to be going towards you while doing the animation.

As for the Astronaut dancing in the middle of the biodome, I suspect it's also a glitch. I've only ever seen the astronaut getting his funk on in front of PhD Flopper.

Dancing isn't a glitch, If the person he was programmed to target first when he spawns is in the air from a launcher, his targeting gets screwed up and instead of simply standing there since he has no target, Treyarch made him dance. Notice how the animation is smooth and polished, as well.

Dancing isn't a glitch, If the person he was programmed to target first when he spawns is in the air from a launcher, his targeting gets screwed up and instead of simply standing there since he has no target, Treyarch made him dance. Notice how the animation is smooth and polished, as well.

Yeah, I guess that makes since, but the reason the animation is smooth and polished is because the astronaut will sometimes dance in front of PhD Flopper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've seen a zombie in the biodome by the door going into the labs doing that 2 players were jumping on the jump pads by there on purpose nonstop to screw up the train I had by that door cause I was getting all the points they kept dying so I guess they were mad i didnt die yet. I get halfway through the circle im doing I see a zombie doing the thumbs up astronaut dance