What we know, and what should we expect? (Story mode)

Hey CoDz, I know there's been several threads floating about with the same basic question, but I want to narrow things down a bit to see what YOU are hoping to see in the next zombies season by what we know now, and what is expected as of late.

To my knowledge, zombies thus far has confirmed new modes in addition to "classic" zombies. Those being, the all new story mode to finish it all, and 4v4 zombies (and possible additions to come along the way).

Now, I want to zero in on the Story Mode aspect of things here; we kinda got a little bit of glimpse as far as what kind of map(s) we can foresee coming with Blops 2, as well as some possible returning characters returning from Blops aside from the original four. So here's where my purpose comes into play for this thread;

Will the Story Mode be separate, or, directly in line with where we left of in Blops? And how will this effect "Classic" zombies, the version we all know and love, in Blops 2?"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Story mode is NOT confirmed. I hate how everyone on this site seems to get the idea that it was confirmed, but it's not. Treyarch hasn't even hinted it.

With that said, if it does happen I just hope it will be separate from our main story, because I like the way the main story plays out now. Either that, origin stories for our characters, or fill in the gap of what we have so far.

With 8 players, that means a possibility of the old crew and 4 new characters/4 original marines/4 of the actor/political figures. So, IF there is a story mode, I hope it would explain things about the new people like: How the marines escaped Veruckt; How the new people got to where they are now; Or how the presidents escaped the pentagon/Actors escaped the set. But I would like the original crew to do EE's for the storyline. IMO Demps, Sam, Nik & Tak doing the EE's are funner and helps feel accomplished when finishing the EE.

With 8 players, that means a possibility of the old crew and 4 new characters/4 original marines/4 of the actor/political figures. So, IF there is a story mode, I hope it would explain things about the new people like: How the marines escaped Veruckt; How the new people got to where they are now; Or how the presidents escaped the pentagon/Actors escaped the set. But I would like the original crew to do EE's for the storyline. IMO Demps, Sam, Nik & Tak doing the EE's are funner and helps feel accomplished when finishing the EE.

Actually, three of the marines at Veruckt were killed and one of them was captured. That captured soldier was none other than Tank Dempsey. This is implied within the terminal on Black Ops at the main menu.

K, sorry, I knew he was captured because the COTD radios, I just thought that the radio that said a group of marines from the OSS went into Veruckt, went in there to try & save Dempsey since he was an OSS? spy & was captured. If I'm wrong about that then thanks for clearing that up.

K, sorry, I knew he was captured because the COTD radios, I just thought that the radio that said a group of marines from the OSS went into Veruckt, went in there to try & save Dempsey since he was an OSS? spy & was captured. If I'm wrong about that then thanks for clearing that up.

No apologies necessary bro. I've found that not many people actually know that Dempsey was in Veruckt anyway. And they were sent in to save a spy named Peter, Dempsey was chosen to lead to rescue mission. As I recall, Peter was mentioned in the Cotd radios as well, with Richtofen also referring to him as a spy in them.

I think we can expect big things. Til now, zombies was an extra game mode.(NOT FOR ME) Now it is "it's own world". Samantha and Richtofen swapping bodies is one heck of a cliff hanger. The earth blowing up is as well. I think we can expect the rough patches in our storyline to be smoothed out. I think we can expect new AI which could be blamed on Richtofen in the story. (with the blue eyes and all) I think we can expect Samantha to retrieve her body at some point, regardless of whether or not Rictofen gets his back. I think we can expect Richtofen to be the new villain, with a new plan. What remains of our crew, will aid Sam in defeating Richtofen.

I think we can expect new characters that stick with the story. Possibly previous characters making a return. I also think we can expect more maps. With different game modes and traditional, there must be more maps, right?

• Administrators

I'm thinking that for this game, what I want to see is some things cleared up, but I find that kinda unlikely. I think that we'll be progressing Zombies into the 80's and going from there. I think we'll see the progressive strenghtening of America's research in Zombies and weapons and things like that. I'd like to see more explanation on Kino and its time frame, because that's all messed up. I'd like a bit more background in the characters that aren't Richtofen, just how they came to be I suppose. However, I am satisfied with what we've been given so far.

If nothing is about Group 935, I'd like to see them expand on Group 601 and HAARP and how they effect the Zombies world.

I would like to see Takeo come into the light a little bit more with future map packs or the storyline. He is rapidly gaining his memory back, and in a quote in a map he talks about taking revenge on group 935. Maybe he can rally the Dempsy, Sam, and Nikolai to go after the group before they try to defeat Richtofen. I guess a motive could be to destroy Richtofen's major assets in world domination, aside from the zombies.