Possible Zombie DLC's

The latest all zombie map pack was extremely profitable and Treyarch even said that they were making zombies bigger, better and more expansive. I think this could be a clue to more ALL zombie map packs and even this could open new possibilities.

What if for each map pack they would start off a storyline and end it in 5 maps. The stories of a group of survivors including the Pentagon team is a possibility. We could even have old characters brought back and others from the storyline have their own pack possibly back in time in a WaW setting (fingers crossed).

Now that they have permission to make all zombie map packs it would make sense to release complete storylines within the map packs themselves except for the crew, Treyarch would always want us to be on the edge with more cliffhangers and easter eggs ;)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't think that they would have enough time or resources to create multiple map pack stories under your circumstances. I mean I'm sure they could create one, where there is a 5 map storyline, but 2 create two, meaning 10 maps, that would be very difficult considering there are only 10 maps right now over the last two games.

There's no question that zombies has grown exponentially in its popularity, however the fact of the matter is, the Call of Duty franchise is still built on campaign and multiplayer. I do feel like they will continue to expand the zombies franchise even more for this release, but I think 10+ dlc zombie maps is a little over the top. I would love to see maybe 2 maps per dlc, depending on what they do with the different modes, but it would be cool to see a classic style zombies map and a new style map each dlc. maybe continuing the story we have so far with some, and beginning a new story with the other? I'm very excited to see what the boys down at Treyarch have planned for us next year 8-)

There's no question that zombies has grown exponentially in its popularity, however the fact of the matter is, the Call of Duty franchise is still built on campaign and multiplayer.

I disagree with you here. MW3 was the last conventional CoD. If Zombies is as huge as we all think it will be, I honestly believe that Zombies will be the face of CoD (or at least Treyarch CoD) once this game has had its say.

But, of course, 10 DLC maps is unrealistic. I think we'll see a similar format to what Black Ops had (3 DLC with 1 zombie map, then a Zombies-exclusive DLC with the Black Ops maps and one, perhaps two new maps). That is what I am expecting from the DLC of this game. :D

I just want zombie only DLC released side-by-side with the MP DLC. I didn't really care much for the DLC maps in multiplayer, though I'll still probably end up buying the new ones anyway. I just want the option to choose zombies first.

Same here, even though I still favor Black ops' multiplayer over mw3's multiplayer, I only bought the Annihilation map pack for Shangri-La. I don't see Activision seperating zombie DLC and multiplayer DLC.

obviously the members of this site are going to be big zombies fans, so I think you all are giving a little too much infuence to the zombies part of the game. Like I said, undeniably it's a bigger part of the game than it was in WaW where it was literally a time killer minigame to start out, but has ballooned into something much bigger. BUT the fact of the matter remains, is that Call of Duty is not a zombie videogame, it is a FPS war/combat videogame, with a really kickass zombie mingame mode. Sure I have a lot of friends who love playing zombies, but i have way more friends who never have touched zombies, and are just interested in the multiplayer aspect. I think we can expect to see similar DLC's as in past games, but perhaps especially with elite, may see some more spread out releases with perhaps a couple more zombie maps than in past games

I actually do agree with multiplayer being the biggest part of the game. I'm just saying that it would be nice to have that option for some of the more hardcore fans. Though I will say that if the current details about multiplayer are true, then it will be freaking amazing. I could see them doing DLC by having everything released separately, while also having a bundle pack.

I will also say in zombies' defense that if all these new changes work out for the better in the zombies game mode, then I can see it's popularity skyrocketing. Particularly with the multiplayer integration.