Just Really Good Memories!!!

It feels like it was so long ago that 3Ark released Black Ops. But it was just last summer (around this time) that we were anticipating the new DLC's with new zombie content. Those were really good times. There was an aura in the air and sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the release's was an adrenaline rush I'm looking forward to experiencing again.

I really got into the whole zombie thing during March 2011 around when Ascension's DLC came out. I remember going over my buddys house watching them play it. I had to have it. I bought Black Ops the next day. I didn't realize the whole XBOX first exclusive thing, so I was a bit disappointed when I found it all out because I only have PS3. But that didn't stop me from playing the maps the hour of release. My buddy Joe would literally come over at 5-6am with his 360 and we'd play until we both had to go to work. There was something about the whole experience that I'm hoping Treyarch can provide me with when BO2 comes out.

Call of the Dead's trailer came out next and there was so much talk about it. I loved clicking on youtube vids with peoples theories. Then coming on this site to find out more. It was really good times. So much mystery. What was to come of it all? I couldn't wait to find out.

By the time Moon came out for PS3 everything had died down and Modern Warfare 3 was about to release. But I still look back on last summer as a great time. The viral videos, the theories, the questions, the mystery....I want it all back. I really hope Treyarch does the mysterious viral video campaign again. That was really fun.

Since then I've become a partial master at zombies. Nobody I know personally or online can even see me (ok enough bragging.) What I'm really trying to say is that I'm really looking forward to November, and Treyarch's next DLC season. I trust they won't ruin zombies (like a lot of people are fearing.) And hopefully we'll have more people from the multiplayer aspect of the game coming to join the fun of zombies.

I'd like to thank CoDZ and the people who regularly make this site a place to visit daily and of course Treyarch for making a game that seriously makes me wait in anticipation for it's release. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT!!!

Zombicidal

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, I didn't buy Ascension immediately as I was still in the stages of getting good enough at the game round my friend's house to actually buy it myself. But after some debating I bought the map pack at about lunch time, and by the time I'd finished playing that night I was convinced that would be the best £11 I would ever spend. Ever since then, every release day I sit tight and wait for 6pm to roll on so the new map pack is released on Steam, then purchase it instantly.

I never thought I'd had an ounce of gamer-nerd in me, but Zombies brings out a whole different side of me :geek:

Ahhh, I didn't buy Ascension immediately as I was still in the stages of getting good enough at the game round my friend's house to actually buy it myself. But after some debating I bought the map pack at about lunch time, and by the time I'd finished playing that night I was convinced that would be the best £11 I would ever spend. Ever since then, every release day I sit tight and wait for 6pm to roll on so the new map pack is released on Steam, then purchase it instantly.

I never thought I'd had an ounce of gamer-nerd in me, but Zombies brings out a whole different side of me :geek:

^This.

Honestly I can 100% agree with this. Black ops was the first shooter game I had ever actually played and I went straight for multiplayer. When I had just started I was so horribad, I normally went like 1-20 or 2-20 so everytime I got a kill I was excited. After about a month of multiplayer I started getting good and my K/D was at 1.00. Then a buddy of mine from school told me he's a pretty good player and that he's on PS3 too(everyone else in school played 360 unfortunately) so he posed we play together. The best matches of my BO multiplayer career I played with him. Eventually got beast at MP with a 1.60 k/d but I ran blackbird/chopper/gunship every match and almost always got them. Then he said we should play zombies and the lovestory began. The first map I ever played was ascension and fell in love with the simple-complexity of it (if that makes sense to you guys). Then call of the dead came out and I jumped right into it. That map is my all time favorite for zombies. I really learned how to play well by watching Syndicate videos because he makes it look so easy, and really it isn't sometimes. Now I'm just on the edge waiting for BO2 to come out so I can jump right back into zombies.

Thats awesome. As it turns out, a lot of people started to realize that zombie mode was something great at about the time of Ascension's release. When Black Ops first came out I knew about it but I didn't know anything about zombies. Ascension was my first dance with zombies too. I played Kino in December of 2010 at friends houses but I didn't even have a next gen console yet. My girlfriend bought me a PS3 on Christmas of 2010 and with all my gift cards saved until March, I finally got around to buying Black Ops. Best darn decision I made as far as games go.

^This.

Honestly I can 100% agree with this. Black ops was the first shooter game I had ever actually played and I went straight for multiplayer. When I had just started I was so horribad, I normally went like 1-20 or 2-20 so everytime I got a kill I was excited. After about a month of multiplayer I started getting good and my K/D was at 1.00. Then a buddy of mine from school told me he's a pretty good player and that he's on PS3 too(everyone else in school played 360 unfortunately) so he posed we play together. The best matches of my BO multiplayer career I played with him. Eventually got beast at MP with a 1.60 k/d but I ran blackbird/chopper/gunship every match and almost always got them. Then he said we should play zombies and the lovestory began. The first map I ever played was ascension and fell in love with the simple-complexity of it (if that makes sense to you guys). Then call of the dead came out and I jumped right into it. That map is my all time favorite for zombies. I really learned how to play well by watching Syndicate videos because he makes it look so easy, and really it isn't sometimes. Now I'm just on the edge waiting for BO2 to come out so I can jump right back into zombies.

I play multiplayer at times, but I stink at it still lol. And yes, Syndicate videos were always fun to watch for me. I also liked Playthegameco's videos. Especially on the story line aspect. I'd love to watch NextGenTactics with Meatwagon, Gunnsforhire, and all them guys discover the Easter Eggs.

Call of the Dead is definitely one of my favorite maps too. The whole Grindhouse movie theme really added to the feel. That map is HUUUUGE!!! I still think it's bigger than Moon...some disagree. But now days I really like Shangri-La and Five. I used to dislike those maps because they were so hard but I'm better now and love the challenge.

I hate saying this but I really hope this summer flies by and November gets here fast lol. Being an "anything" zombie fan is great for me this year because The Walking Dead season 3 begins in October and BO2 comes out in November. Let the good times roll!!!

It feels like it was so long ago that 3Ark released Black Ops. But it was just last summer (around this time) that we were anticipating the new DLC's with new zombie content. Those were really good times. There was an aura in the air and sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the release's was an adrenaline rush I'm looking forward to experiencing again.

I really got into the whole zombie thing during March 2011 around when Ascension's DLC came out. I remember going over my buddys house watching them play it. I had to have it. I bought Black Ops the next day. I didn't realize the whole XBOX first exclusive thing, so I was a bit disappointed when I found it all out because I only have PS3. But that didn't stop me from playing the maps the hour of release. My buddy Joe would literally come over at 5-6am with his 360 and we'd play until we both had to go to work. There was something about the whole experience that I'm hoping Treyarch can provide me with when BO2 comes out.

Call of the Dead's trailer came out next and there was so much talk about it. I loved clicking on youtube vids with peoples theories. Then coming on this site to find out more. It was really good times. So much mystery. What was to come of it all? I couldn't wait to find out.

By the time Moon came out for PS3 everything had died down and Modern Warfare 3 was about to release. But I still look back on last summer as a great time. The viral videos, the theories, the questions, the mystery....I want it all back. I really hope Treyarch does the mysterious viral video campaign again. That was really fun.

Since then I've become a partial master at zombies. Nobody I know personally or online can even see me (ok enough bragging.) What I'm really trying to say is that I'm really looking forward to November, and Treyarch's next DLC season. I trust they won't ruin zombies (like a lot of people are fearing.) And hopefully we'll have more people from the multiplayer aspect of the game coming to join the fun of zombies.

I'd like to thank CoDZ and the people who regularly make this site a place to visit daily and of course Treyarch for making a game that seriously makes me wait in anticipation for it's release. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT!!!

Zombicidal

Very well said and I agree to bad it took you so long to join in on the fun, you missed all the fun with the w@w map packs now thoes were the days!

Zombicidal

Very well said and I agree to bad it took you so long to join in on the fun, you missed all the fun with the w@w map packs now thoes were the days!

I can imagine how that must have been. Back then the unraveling hadn't even seen it's infant stages yet. Everything must have been shrouded in such mystery. I got all caught up during last summer with how it all went down with the GKNOVA site and all the back stories. But I can't say I'm too sad about missing all the fun from W@W because Black Ops delivered. And the people who missed out on all the mysteries from Black Ops will be saying the same thing I'm saying when BO2 arrives. That is if Treyarch stays in the same direction...which I really hope.

I fear that some of are experiences are different. I for one was only getting Black Ops 'for zombies'. I knew instantly that I had to have it (WaW corrupted me). Once I played Kino for the first time I had no idea what was going on. In less than a few days of playing I was a pro. Me and three of my best friends wrecked on the map and made it to about round 47. It was the best memory of the second and best zombie COD game I had ever played.