Mark Lamia gave us Zombies info, but what did he mean?

If you recall from the Inside Gaming Extended Interview with Mark Lamia (LINK), then you will know that Mark Lamia said that Zombies will have new modes. He also said that there would be a bigger world, but I will get into that later.

As for the new modes, I think we will be seeing more than just a few modes that will be featuring in the game. Lamia said that Zombies "Is in the Multiplayer engine". He also said that there will be "A lot more creativity". Put two and two together, and what do you get.... Custom. Zombies. Modes.

THINK ABOUT IT. Zombies + Multiplayer engine + Creativity = CUSTOM ZOMBIES MODES. I think we will have a set of standard modes, something like Classic, Round less Survival, Time Trial, Easter Egg Hunt, or something like that. I am also hoping we will have a chance to do some role reversal, with players taking the role of the Zombies, trying to attack the survivors.

But I think that on top of that, we will be seeing Private Match custom game modes. That means we can

1. Edit the load-outs you start with.

2. Change the difficulty curve of zombies, and change the amount per wave.

3. Add custom objectives (i.e. Turn power on before round 10, or you fail the game and have to start over)

4. Add custom game-play mechanics (i.e. A player goes down and he turns into a zombie with a gun)

5. Edit the amount of lives you have.

Et cetera, et cetera. These are just some possibilities, although I am sure that unfortunately some of these things will not feature in the game. This is what a lot of people have been asking for; the ability to customize your Zombies experience. Some people are bad at Zombies, but want to have fun enjoying a long game of it. BLAM change the difficulty, amount of Zombies, and how many points per kill you get.

That person that "Sucks" will now be having the time of their life, at round 57, a horde around him, and adrenaline pumping through his veins. As he gets better, the makes the difficulty higher, and higher, and next thing you know, he is a regular Dempsey. This person probably bashed Black Ops for being too hard with Zombies, and hated how he could only get to round 15 on a good day. Now, he is a full-fledged fan, and he loves the game with all his heart.

And, as for Lamia saying that Zombies will feature a "Bigger world"... Just... damn. Keep in mind, he DID NOT say "Bigger maps" he said a bigger world. Now, you can interpret this many different ways, and I don't want to delve too deep and make myself look like an ass, but I have a few theories as to what he meant.

1. There isn't a Zombies map on the disc in the traditional sense. This means that we have one "Map" but it is comprised of many smaller maps, and to start the map, you walk to it. IMO this is dumb, so this has a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of being the truth.

2. The maps are bigger. This means Moon will look like Nacht der Untoten in terms of size. I'm talking about Battlefield maps + Zombies. HUGE open ended maps with gigantic zombie hording routes. Maybe even a full sized city to explore.

3. The story is a whole lot bigger, and the Zombies universe has expanded farther than anyone ever though possible. This means Zombies in new places, on new planets, in new universes. Parallel dimensions, Far off galaxies, new Nazi bases that are uncovered. Maybe we finally get to fight Hitler... On Mars.

Well, those are my theories on what Lamia meant. If you guys have other interpretations, go ahead and reply to this topic with them! I love the theories that come out right after Zombies is confirmed. So many good ideas that come up, and I am sure we all end up influencing Treyarch more than we think. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D

TL;DR Custom Zombies Modes, and possibly Bigger maps, or more of them.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I once proposed the idea, that the zombies would have more open areas to explore, I like the city idea... imagine a cut scene with hordes of undead and the dogs. Then you with nothing but a measly pistol. the sky is dark, lightening is lighting up the sky, you hear the sinister laugh and then you run like Hell. Ahh yess, this will be good. You get the picture. I hope this is what they mean. It will make it more playable for me. I'm just hoping they keep it on earth though, no aliens treyarch, no more astronaut zombies, maybe napalm zombies, keep the novas, and get rid of ze monkeys. Then I will be playing your game, for a very long time.

Edit: that made barely any sense. apologies.

As far as the custom modes go, I'm all for it and hope they actually do put that in the game. If there can be more than 4 people too that would be AWESOME since my friends and I always have either those one or two people that get left out when we all want to play some zombies so that would solve that problem instantly and forever.

Your point for number 2 I feel may be stretching it a little. The consoles only have 256mb of ram to use for maps and putting that many zombies and a map that big together along with up to 7 other people would result in a disastrous frame rate for the host at fairly low rounds. Whoever hosts our moon games with 3 or 4 people usually gets a frame rate drop around 35 and up.

And your 3rd point I can sort of agree with. New places, yes, but going off into other dimensions seems a little far fetched seeing how richtofen and samantha want this one :D I do like the idea of going to mars, however I'd like to see what happened to earth and try to help samantha get her body back.

Love this idea of custom zombie games but that raises a kinda off topic question for a bit. If people can put number of zombies down and put them on easy mode, then people getting to round 50 could be eligible to get to the highest group on this site. So something that was once a challenge could now be very easy...But back on topic I would like to see modes where they may remove the box or perks from the game to make it harder. I also had the idea of returning to Der Riese but a diffrent part of the map to add story like the team traveld back in time from moon to stop zombie creation?

I'm just always thinking back to when Treyarch said they never want to move away fro, the original zombies format. I'm also just thinking all of these things would ruin the game, as I've always dreaded the day they decided to go OTT with things.

Just one difficulty level, one set amount of zombies makes a nice balance, and it makes it easier to compare your play with the rest of the world. There is always a way to make zombies more hard and quick or slower and easy, and the good players can always push further and further. There's no need for variety in difficulty, we already have our easy and hard maps.

If people can put number of zombies down and put them on easy mode, then people getting to round 50 could be eligible to get to the highest group on this site.

Edited game modes probably would not appear on the leader boards.

This. Only the normal survival mode would appear. Custom stuff would be like Private Match in MP where it doesn't affect your KD or ranking up or XP or any of that.

I'm just always thinking back to when Treyarch said they never want to move away fro, the original zombies format. I'm also just thinking all of these things would ruin the game, as I've always dreaded the day they decided to go OTT with things.

Just one difficulty level, one set amount of zombies makes a nice balance, and it makes it easier to compare your play with the rest of the world. There is always a way to make zombies more hard and quick or slower and easy, and the good players can always push further and further. There's no need for variety in difficulty, we already have our easy and hard maps.

I completely agree with you. All of these fancy new games modes will take away from the base objective of zombies which is survive under the circumstances you're placed in. If you give the power to alter the circumstances to the survivor then what's the point? Plus an "easy mode" will just increase the child population in zombies.