Defining Moment in gameplay

Here in sunny Pennsylvania flowers are blooming and girls in short shorts are flooding, I have decided it is the perfect tome to discuss the defining moments in our gameplay.

There are many moments in my short zombie slaying career but a few stand out. My first PAP, reaching round 30, my first glitch......etc.

But one moment will always stay with me. After finally being able to reach round 30 solo (only after reading Superhand's five solo guide and Tom's five looping video) I find myself struggling with co-op. One December encounter with three other randoms changed everything.

None of us at the time reached over 16 co-op on five. No one used their mikes and played their own styles. After an unsuccessful thief round we all hopped into the PAP room. Miracle then took place. Somehow the four of us played with chemistry. We played for one another and with one another. We held in the PAP until 28. It was a great feeling to have great teammates.

Someone said in order to get there you have to have been there. After that game I constantly and easily reach mid 20s. It was THE defining moment for me.

What is your defining moment?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread idea mate.

I've had a few completely defining moments in relation to my gameplay.

The first one was before I'd bought the game, still playing with my friend. I was terrible, but as soon as I discovered the effectiveness of keeping on the move I became a decent player.

The next was after I'd bought the game and wanted to get a nice solo score on FIVE. I studied the map, watched guides, but couldn't quite put them into practice. Then one day, the feel for controlling the zombies movements just seemed to sink in. Bit more practice and I was dodging like a pro, got a solo game going on FIVE and reached round 68 before giving up. Many high round runs in solo and co-op followed from then onwards.

The last one was just recently, on NML. Now I'd done a few 300 kill games the end of last year, but they were far and few and fairly lucky. This year I've been working on getting good starts. Again, just seemed to click, went from being an occasional 300 player to a 330+ player who can knock out a 300+ game even on a bad day.

There are several moments that have shaped my game; learning spawn control for the creation of innovative strategies. Learning that over-farming is a complete waste of time when you're better off saving for a power-weapon setup and speeding through the rounds with it. Many more of these kinds of things, but the paragraphs above are the moments that have made the biggest impact on my gameplay.

Little did they know what would happen... I bought the game, finally, after some hard thinking about the challenge of zombies. What I found was that it wasn't my skill per say, but my mental state. I was approaching zombies as just another survival game, running around blindly, hoping to make something work, but you see, zombies isn't like that. It's about instincts within the game. It's about being a part of a world where you can manipulate the actions of the zombies, predict the unpredictable. That's when I learned to kite. That stage inspired me to get where I am today.

Sometimes life is inexplicable, and that's fine, but when you can decipher even the smallest of its mysteries, you've accomplished something.

I totally remember my definining moment.

Very early in my career. Ascension. It was me, a random, and 2 other randoms, that were friends. Those friends were awesome players, both a 40+ score and 0 downs until that specific moment.

One of the "good players" bled out, the other 2 were downed at phd lander. I was also at phd with a max train. No lander at station. I hear one dude at voice chat "omg that's it".

I go downstairs, lead all train to mp5, go back up, and revive both. And then, both 40+ players made me a compliment and asked me to add them as friends on steam (I had 0 clue how that would work, BO was my first steam game).

But it totally told me, that I'm good for something in this game and that I do not have to consider myself as a noob anymore.

I remember mine too, getting to 38 solo on Kino in around 6 hours.

This was within the first couple of weeks of ever playing zombies. I didn't even kite, I map ran.

Start of every single round, teleported. Map loop slowly, MP40 really sporadically.

Past 20 or so was doing the same thing but looping the map twice to get the teleporter ready, before using the dressing room trap, back in teleporter etc, rinse and repeat.

One of my beginners guides came entirely out of this. After I had managed this I watched my first youtube video, or first 2 actually, one from XCal and one from Jloves2game (Doctor). Learnt a lot from these two videos, basically my grounding in kiting came from there. I then practised the hell out of the stage, got it down pretty good but really mastered it on COTD.

When it happened it was memorable for a few reasons - I had a 6 month old who had to go away with his Mum for a couple of days. Me and a friend didn't work for either, had 2 tvs side by side, lots of coffee and more recreational substances, and got our first 40 (still my high on Kino).

Good good times. Defined my addiction for both solo and co-op, and some very, very basic strategy understandings about spawn control.

Which is far and away the most important thing ALL ROUND for zombies.

I have had a few defining moments in my gameplay history. My first is when i truly realized what i was doing. I was on Kino, playing zombies for one of the first times on my PS3 on solo. I died on round 35, my first 30 plus game ever. My next defining moment came later on moon where, after watching hours of NML games by Mato and relaxingEnd and vizualvenom (im a terrible speller :oops: ) I finally got my first PaP. The next came after my first 200+ game, when i finnaly beat the one kid on my friends list (at the time) who was better than me. My latest definning moment was a round 43 on Moon that i just completed recently using Superhands strategy (thank you so much by the way) my first 40+. I guess i could count my first multiplayer game where i actually trusted my teamates, but it wasnt a really ground breaking experiance for me ;)