Call of the Chopper - guide to 50 with video included

Hey Guys. So I've been playing some COTD, make that I've specifically played

4 games of COTD to work on a new strategy to enable 50 in the least painful way. And I think I found it

You will have only hit the box for 2 weapons, once somewhere early and then again somewhere around 30.

You will not need to get lucky with ammo although playing this way you will The first time I tried this I was

almost at the end of 39 in 2 hours 20 minutes with no downs, and 200,000 points.

Choppering the Dead - my way to 50

Firstly this guide has been made possible by 3 specific things - Way's hoard count, ammo every 5 rounds and 2nd floor lighthouse with door shut. I do not know who discovered the second of these last 2. I had originally proved that the Waffe could leave drops from shocked zombies, but Super confirmed the 5 round thing.

Regarding inside the lighthouse, I've run it many times but only on lower rounds, up to maybe 15 when I used to play. To use it for high rounds was a truly awesome discovery.

This guide was written whilst I was still strategising. Hence, some of the information isn't exactly as I'd want it but I'm leaving it for a purpose. You do not have to do the things as I've written them, especially from 30 onwards.

It's to give you an idea of how I think about ammo and things so you can use the same principles in your own game.

Doors and stuff - Keep all these things shut - bottom lighthouse door, boat leading from lighthouse to ship, door above Juggs (this makes the first down much easier), door between flopper and lighthouse.

Part 1 - Sickle and then Juggs. You should always be able to get both of these by round 6, sometimes 7 if you get bomb screwed.

Firstly there is something strange with COTD. Knifing the zombies on this map is different from any other. They are a complete pain in the arse. I would say that knifing with no Juggs is something I'm very good at yet I get hit all over the place on this map.

1 + 2 - Knife all the zombies.

3 - knife the early zombies coming out of the ground, the first loose zombie should be knifed twice and shot in the head for the drop. Use it wisely. You can start opening towards the lighthouse, it makes knifing much much safer on here.

4 - make sure you have opened the outside door at the top of the steps by the box spawn above flopper. Open the debris inside and then stay on the bottom floor. You need 4,000 points to open outside and get the Bowie.

5 - stay around the lighthouse, the drop overlooking outside the lighthouse from the Sickle is a really safe place for no Juggs knifing.

6 - as the round starts move back to spawn, opening the door leading to trapped characters. Be aggressive, attack the zombies, watch your back, move towards power. By the end of this round you should have enough for Jugg. If not just hang around the PM63 stabbing the early ones until you have enough points.

Part 2 – getting set.

7 - 10 be wherever you feel comfortable, I go inside the lighthouse. Pick up Stamina and Flopper, M&S when possible.

11 - 16 outside lighthouse, with an AK. Make the most of good opportunities with death machines and ammo drops to start getting into George.

Part 3 - perks

* I actually do this much earlier, but for a guide here is a good time *

End of 16 have crawlers, start hitting the box. You really want a Ray Gun. I just don't dig the scavenger yet and find the Ray comes out pretty plentiful. Once you get it buy Mule Kick and get the AK back. Finish George with Ray, as long as you have done some damage to him earlier he will die within the ammo. Take the perk.

17 - whatever you want, I still like the AK.

18 - as above, you really want an ammo on either 17 or 18 and normally you will get one. Otherwise use George towards the end of the round. If you don't kill him within the Ray just start the next round.

19 - as above.

20 - the same again, if George died on 18 kill him again now.

Part 4 – hoarding time

21 - 30 start using M&S and Ray to get your kills. Kill George when it's convenient, once you have 8 perks leave him alone.

*****The alternate way of playing is to use the Scavenger. Either way you play you are pretty set for a while.

Trust me you can get through these rounds with this loadout easy. The video will help with the technique but you have enough Ammo within the guns.

You are going to be killing 35 full hoards between 21 and the end of 30. They take no more than 6 M&S to kill a group and up to 12 or 13 Ray Guns (that's at 30 for both). With a PAP of the Ray, and just one ammo you are fine. If necessary use George to get ammo.

Part 5 – end game part 1

31 - 38 is slightly different, you need to think carefully about a lot of things to avoid a lot of the annoyances with this map.

At the end of 30 I'd hit the box for a new 3rd gun, and I still don't want the scav. I want in preferred order a Dragunov, Galil, Famas, Aug, FN Fal. Whichever I get I will PAP immediately.

Sorry but it's numbers time now

31 - 109 zombies, 4.54 hoards.

32 - 115 zombies, 4.79 hoards.

33 - 120 zombies, 5 hoards.

34 - 126 zombies, 5.25 hoards.

35 - 132 zombies, 5.5 hoards.

36 - 138 zombies, 5.75 hoards.

37 - 145 zombies, 6.04 hoards.

38 - 151 zombies, 6.29 hoards.

At these levels it takes initially 6 M&S shots leading up to 10 on 38.

The Ray Gun takes from around 15 all the way to 30 or so when it gets messy.

Get dolls - full hoards all the way into the 70's

At the end of 30 you need to take stock of where you are at. If you can get through a round, any round with just the M&S and Ray with dolls, always do it and hope for ammo towards the end. Do not force unless absolutely critical. You need to keep doing this until the end of 38. AK does not take that much work to kill a few zombies.

You will see that they are mostly not whole numbers in regards to hoards, the extra over the whole should be killed with flops really, although if more than .5 it may be worth using your big guns.

If at the end of a round you are low on both M&S and Ray, kill George with that 3rd weapon. Take the Waffe.

Use all the Waffe ammo apart from 3 bullets. Annoy George to get the pack prepared, use 2 waffes and pick up your ammo. Rinse this Waffe and you are back to perfect.

If you were to kill George at end of 33, the Waffe will last until 36. When back you have full ammo. This will last a good few rounds.

Always prep George once back - shoot him until his light starts flashing, and then go a bit more. You want him pretty close to death. You are doing this so if you get a lucky ammo you can kill him twice with just the 3rd gun requiring no more ammo.

Playing like this whenever you use your normal guns you are going to be getting lots of drops. Instas, nukes and ammo are all obviously good. I can almost guarantee that you can get to the end of 38 having only forced ammo once on about round 33/34, and maybe having killed George twice.

So at end of 38 waste all your ammo on George from the Ray, and get the Scav. Prep George for death again.

So we should be at the following - full George gun, full Scav, nearly dead George and ammo due.

Part 6 – end game part 2

39 - 158 zombies, 6.58 hoards.

40 - 165 zombies, 6.88 hoards.

41 - 172 zombies, 7.46 hoards.

39 - stay away from George. Alternate outside and inside if necessary. I don't want to piss him of and force a drop yet. It will take 14 scavenger shots, 2 on each group. This will leave you with 4.

40 - kill the first 2 hoards with your remaining 4 shots, and then PAP. If you've made it this far you can do this. Kill the next 5 hoards with 10 shots.

41 - kill the first 7 with 14 shots, this will leave you around 12 zombies and 14 total scav left. Round these and then meet George, get at least 3 bullets into him and get the hoard around him, he should die and it's round over.

Still due an ammo, still have a full George gun. Have around 11 scav left and a full waffe.

42 - Waffe the first 17 sets of 10, this will leave 9 zombies. Get crawlers with flops. There is a fair chance of an ammo from one of these as you have been spamming wonder for a while. If no ammo recycle the gun. This can be better (*)

43 - George is back. 25 scavs will kill George, each group needs 3. Have them all together, 3 shots each time into George killing the hoard, 8 times will end the round. George will be 1 hit away from death. If you got free ammo you would start 43 with 36 bullets, if a new scav 18 + 36. Hope for this in a strange way.

44 - First group with George, dead group and director. Finish round with Waffe.

45 - if you cycled Scav at 42 you can finish this round, 8.38 groups, 3 shots per group.

46 - George is back, use all scav apart from 6 and then get ammo from George. Finish round, 8.71 total hoards equals 27 scavs. Kill George at end of round.

47 - Waffe first 180, 37 left, use dolls on first group hoping for ammo, may have to cycle scav again at the end of the round.

48 - 9.38 groups requiring 4 shots each!!!! That's nearly a full PAPed scav or a full scav and then it PAPed. Killed George at end of round.

49 - first 180 with Waffe, 54 left. You are home.

Final thoughts -

Each of my play throughs have gone much better than this, you are going to be suprised at how many bombs, instas and even ammos that you receive on higher rounds.

My last thought on COTD - avoid drops unless necessary. If you have the ability to kill with either the scav or waffe always take it past 38 or so. It provides 'drops karma' and means that once you kill with something regular you are likely to get something :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work. Very interesting guide. It is extremely concrete and detailed. Maybe almost a little bit too detailed for my taste, but I see what the point of it is ;)

I think you can improve lots of things to gain more speed, but I guess you made a well compromise between speed and safety.

How fast did you reach 50 with this?

Hey Tom, I wrote the guide from a hypothetical point of view after one game when I reached end of 39 in 2 hours 20 minutes.

I'd heard so many issues around this map that I was interested from a personal point of view as to how the numbers work. I like numbers...a lot :D

My video run through, in which I got the scav and dolls on 12, then used a Aug upgraded on 15, had the ray by 20 was completed in 3 hours and around 10 minutes. I PAPed the ray on about round 35 or so, and the Scav for the one and only time on 43. I didn't have to recycle it.

It may be able to be done a little quicker, but I can't see how. Not on this map. It has taken me 70k for the scavenger before, and around 50 minutes. The map is huge, I tried to minimise the amount of running around needed, like box hitting from 8, I think the Ray Gun even came from a firesale.

George was killed almost entirely during the game, with a couple of exceptions when I run him around the 3rd floor with a ray gun end of the round.

I used principles from the guide but not to the exacting numbers I put down. So I had a decision at the end of 42 on whether to kill George or not, I had full M&S, full Ray, 3 dolls and 7 scav left with a few zombies. George was one shot away. I could have left him, used the scav and then PAPed it but decided to kill him for the Waffe. Used that, got ammo right after finishing it, ended the round pretty much empty and PAPed it for the first time.

Do not recall too many written guides as extensive as this from chopper, is this the new direction you are going? Looking to be a two way threat? Only comparison might be when Justin Timberlake started doing movies.

Never played the map or qualified to comment on the strategy itself, but this is huge! Anyone finds the heart and soul to put together a piece as extensive as this should be nominated for saint-hood. St. Chopper's church coming to a town near you.

P.S. Is there no justice to the brain system? I keep getting must give to someone else before giving to the same user no matter who I give it to.

Do not recall too many written guides as extensive as this from chopper, is this the new direction you are going? Looking to be a two way threat?

P.S. Is there no justice to the brain system? I keep getting must give to someone else before giving to the same user no matter who I give it to.

Chopper had written guides back in the day! Lots of them, actually. I'd say the videos are more of a newer addition, man. Just some old forum knowledge for you.

And the brains system works in a way that you can only give brains to someone once out of 5 people. I am almost sure that is the way it works. Have you checked out the Complete Solo Survival Guide and the Master Zombies Guide? As well as Rissole's complete strategy guide listing?

Chopper, excellent guide as always!

Jay talks out of his ass once again.

The comment was somewhat impulsive and spur of the moment in how I felt. As far as long text book type guides I always think of St. Superhand and picture you as free spirit, guitar playing, master of videos and commentary type. Let me put my shoe back in my mouth and watch the kids play inthe sand box.

No worries Jay, I realised I had :( instead of this :D

I haven't done much strategy work for a while except debating and discussing others with my own ideas thrown in.

It's the main thing I like in zombies though, and what made me find CODZ.

I tried to beat your 3h. I always died

Midround box hits, extremely hardcore, even in 8 with knife and jug. It feels like they come at a Rd 30 spawn speed at you. NoJug knifing is as you said pretty dangerous, too, several downs there as well.

Gonna try again today.

If you have the box above flopper I was using it at the start of every round, only once and then going to my area - either inside on 2nd floor or by AK.

If I have a full hoard I would wait until a few left and then just move back to it, hit it, kill last zombies, hit it again. It's easy to get into the lighthouse from the box, or even down past flopper if it's done early in the round, 1 hit maybe 2. I would only go for it otherwise with a full hoard as you can circle the stairs kinda nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

I did 40R in about 2 hours ;)

George didn't give me Waffes again, don't ask me why. But at 45 I finally ran out of ammo and it became too dumb. I was more or less supposed to do the easter egg with 20 crawlers and 4 runners. So i started to hit the box for a VR, also in hope for a new scavenger. But it got really too dumb. The Box was evil all the time. After I didn't get a Scavenger, neither a Ray or a VR, I aborted. I mean tell me how to do midround box hits on top of the Lighthose in acceptable time....

If I knew that, I would have prepared the egg earlier. My plan was to do the egg up to the last fuse step, and recycle all guns: Famas, ray and scavenger. Then finish 45 with the egg's waffe. In 46, George would respawn. So quickly rape him with the G16-G45 or what this thing is called. Use Waffe again. Then use the recycled unpapped Scavenger. Should have done it for 46. Pap the Scav, and use it for 47. At 48, George would respawn. Last George ammo was 44, so hoping for a new George ammo and then it would have been no prob.

But in speed run matters, uff, i had to abort it. Seriously, doing an easter egg in a speed run?

Dumb map for solo after 40... I guess would have taken up to 3hours to reach 50 (and i really hurried all the time with everything). I was at 2h20min in mid 45, had to to easter egg and recycle 3 guns. Maybe 20min for that and then another 15 for 45 - 49.

COTD is a funny map, speed runs are completely determined by luck, nothing else.

As I mentioned I've had games where I've literally hit the box 4 times and got the holy trinity, Ray, Scav and Dolls, and then not needed to hit it again until late 40s.

Not getting the waffe sucks arse, kinda like mine and Supers game in Shang where the monkeys decide to stop taking your drops....unless it's an ammo anyway!