Alien barrels

jmh2013

Just noticed that the same alien barrels that are in Kino are found in Shangrila. theres only two of them that i found. one of them is in the room thats all flaming next to the power room. and the other one is found in a corner around there. just an interesting find.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I believe they are chimpanzees, because the terminal said that they were housing chimpanzees in barrels until they made the move to put NOVA 6 in humans instead of chimp, thus giving us the current crawlers we see. They also said that they were going to put them around the world to test the conditions and how it effected them. THAT is why they are Shangri-La in my opinion.

I believe they are chimpanzees, because the terminal said that they were housing chimpanzees in barrels until they made the move to put NOVA 6 in humans instead of chimp, thus giving us the current crawlers we see. They also said that they were going to put them around the world to test the conditions and how it effected them. THAT is why they are Shangri-La in my opinion.

Thank you. im tired of disrespectful people on here. so thank you for explaining what is was nicely unlike zombieofthedead...

They are not chimpanzees. They have human faces. That much is clear to me.

Thank you. im tired of disrespectful people on here. so thank you for explaining what is was nicely unlike zombieofthedead...

How was I being disrespectful?

EDIT: Okay, I guess saying that they looked nothing like aliens is the only think even remotely disrespectful in there, but it's not like it was even intended as such.

While I'm at it, I must point out the fact that any kind of monkey has a distinct nose compared to humans. That is definitely a human nose.

• Administrators

That image I showed above looks ape to me, I have seen close ups and I haven't noticed much difference. Personally, I think that in the radio, when the barrel is knocked over, that is the banging on the door. I am basing all this off the terminal files about chimps and NOVA6, and there was an incident in September of 1944 where something happened at a NOVA 6 compound, so I believe that is the barrel tipping over, and I think that 1944 is too early for a breakout there. Not to mention, the terminal says the facility went on after said event.

That image I showed above looks ape to me, I have seen close ups and I haven't noticed much difference. Personally, I think that in the radio, when the barrel is knocked over, that is the banging on the door. I am basing all this off the terminal files about chimps and NOVA6, and there was an incident in September of 1944 where something happened at a NOVA 6 compound, so I believe that is the barrel tipping over, and I think that 1944 is too early for a breakout there. Not to mention, the terminal says the facility went on after said event.

Then get the skin. I have viewed that more times than I can count, that is DEFINITELY humanoid.

I'm just not going to get into this Nova 6 argument... to me, Nova 6 and zombies were completely separate projects. If the crawler gas was Nova 6, we'd have died as soon as we got exposed to it. This looks more like mind control than anything to do with Nova 6, and the barrels suggest to me portable zombies. Makes sense, easier than throwing a piece of 115 into the battlefield and hoping fallen soldiers will rise.

Ydicm6W7em8

good ol fausty

Oh lord that video was not my best work.

While I think Treyarch dropped the ball a bit on the origins of the crawlers, I still believe that they are human. Even still, I gotta love Tac's thinking on this.

I saw something that said they were the like mutated Vril-ya. Is this true? Or are they perhaps children or something? Babies that were mutated and their eyes didn't develop yet? I'm totally confused.

Ydicm6W7em8

good ol fausty

Oh lord that video was not my best work.

While I think Treyarch dropped the ball a bit on the origins of the crawlers, I still believe that they are human. Even still, I gotta love Tac's thinking on this.

I saw something that said they were the like mutated Vril-ya. Is this true? Or are they perhaps children or something? Babies that were mutated and their eyes didn't develop yet? I'm totally confused.

I don't know if they're either. They wear pants with a belt, so highly doubt with babies. Same with vril-ya, because... well we don't know what they wear, but I doubt they wear belts like that.

• Administrators

If the crawler gas was Nova 6, we'd have died as soon as we got exposed to it.

Over 20 years, everything breaks down and becomes weaker and weaker, which is just as plausible with a chemical gas like NOVA6.

The whole belts thing annoys me, and pants. They are small, like small children, maybe they chose them because their immune systems are weaker and more susceptible to anything coming in.

If the crawler gas was Nova 6, we'd have died as soon as we got exposed to it.

Over 20 years, everything breaks down and becomes weaker and weaker, which is just as plausible with a chemical gas like NOVA6.

The whole belts thing annoys me, and pants. They are small, like small children, maybe they chose them because their immune systems are weaker and more susceptible to anything coming in.

It is a chemical agent, and we do not know that this breaks down. Check out the zombies you fight, or whatever really is in the containers. Not much happened in 20 years.

I don't think these are children's belts, but perhaps jewish belts. I mean, they look kinda, ya know, holocausty.

The mouth looks fairly human to me. Again, monkeys have a distinct mouth as well.

EDIT:

Now, again, Does THIS look like the guy in the container?

• Administrators

Alright, so... After getting a no-clip just now from MixMasterNut, the things in the barrels are not apes like you said.

However, they may be early versions of the crawlers, because there is no resemblance between the things in the barrels and the crawlers in game.

Alright, so... After getting a no-clip just now from MixMasterNut, the things in the barrels are not apes like you said.

However, they may be early versions of the crawlers, because there is no resemblance between the things in the barrels and the crawlers in game.

Okay, there we go. One issue solved.

I agree that it's possible that they're early crawlers, but I don't think it really works that way. I think of it like Faust's thread, sort of many surgeries and such.

• Administrators

I remember in the terminal, it said that there were more than 4 strains of NOVA6 and they were just changing from chimps to humans in 1944. So there were definitely stages to the crawlers, between chimps, the things in the barrels, and the current ones we see.

I remember in the terminal, it said that there were more than 4 strains of NOVA6 and they were just changing from chimps to humans in 1944. So there were definitely stages to the crawlers, between chimps, the things in the barrels, and the current ones we see.

Great, but assuming Kino outbreak was 1945, why do they not have later stages but instead have these?

I'm still going with they're zombies on this one, and using this as a backup for the nova crawlers.