Ascension is Located at Baikonur

MixMasterNut

Here is a real-life satelite view of the Baikonur launch facility, located in Kazakhstan.

Baikonur Cosmodrome is easily identifiable by the quarried out area on the back side of the launch tower. No other rocket launch facility in the world has this exact feature. Consider it the thumb-print of the Baikonur facility.

let's compare this view to the view we get of Baikonur rocket launch facility in this cinematic for the the campaign mission, Executive Order

g3qOBgRekdg

Notice the Ascension Group scientist are located at Baikonur

Here's another view of the backside of the launch tower:

Now if we look at the backside of the Ascension rocket launch tower, we see the exact same quarried out area from the Executive Order map. Therefore I conclude, that Executive Order and Ascension are the same Russian rocket launch facility. That means Ascension must be located at Baikonur, Kazakhstan

**************************************************************************************************************************

A big special thanks to SuperHands for producing the noclip screenshots.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work

Does the overview image relate to any docs in game

For instance the doc on five has image in the rh bottom corner and im sure there are others in this game

I don't believe so. I'm not sure I know the exact docs you are speaking of. But I've been examining the black & white topdown views of photos on all the maps in the game, on the bulletin boards and whatnot. So far, I haven't been able to identify any locations.

I can understand what BlindBusDrivr is saying

Designs come from the same planning office and you get similar features

The soviets also liked standardising things

Im sure theres more than one overhead image in the game as a whole

There is one that is all over the walls of revelations and five in the bottom righthand corner of a document

I havent got the actual image of the pic and document from in the game

I think i have the original doc that 3arc have changed the signature on which looks the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I am in complete agreement with Baikonur, I will quote something from my other thread about why I think it's Baikonur.

- The campaign counterpart of this map, Executive Order, has Edward Richtofen's books all over the map.

- The outside of Ascension looks the same as its Campaign counterpart.

- On GKNOVA6.com, the blueprints behind the Vitruvian Man drawing is the blueprints for the Sputnik 2, which launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in 1957.

- In Executive Order, we are sent to kill scientists that were part of the Ascension Group.

- In Executive Order, Mason has a tattoo that says "115."

- The Rocket appears to be a modified R71-Semyorka ICBM, which launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome Site 31/6 in the 1960's.

I have to agree with the OP.

The proximity of Baikonur to Rebirth Island is no coincidence.

Secrets Of Rebirth Island CoDz Link.

I 100% believe that Rebirth Island will be a zombie outbreak in Treyarchs' next season of Zombies... Jimmy gave all the right keywords at CoDXP. :)

The images in the secrets of rebirth link have been seen by several people in the GKnova screens as mentioned above, they will be used at some point. Those screens are a view into Nazi Zombies future.

The Coldwar spans 1945-1991 so far we have seen 1945-70 What about 70s to the 90s, plenty of conspiracies for Black Ops to continue as a main game, I've said it before that we have new heros just waiting to be released, that doesn't mean the old crew are finished either, we could do flashbacks to missing chapters in the story.

Point is the clues are there.

Regards Alpha.

I just have trouble accepting Baikonur because it just seems so obvious and well known, that it couldn't be somewhere like we see it in the map.

Here's more evidence that Ascension is located at Baikonur.

The cover of this EXPOSED magazine looks to be a photo of Ascension.

SPACE RACE

WHO WILL GET THE TITLE OF FIRST IN SPACE

You'd assume with a heading like that, the photo would be of Baikonur, right?

It's not? How do you know that, it seems foolish to have Ascension (Baikonur) based off Launch (not Baikonur?) which is based of Executive Order (Baikonur).

I take that back. For some reason I thought the geography on the backside of Launch was different. Just double-checked, and there's actually a lot of similarity.

I don't know why I just can't find it in me to accept it as Baikonur, it just seems far to surreal and different to be Baikonur. I mean sure they are similar, but that's just because it's a graphics copy and paste.

There is nothing which directly suggests that it's Baikonur. We go through it in the campaign, they're different

And if it is Baikonur, why is the Ascension logo up there by the power not the Baikonur one? I mean yeah they're similar, but it's not the same like the anatarctic base logo.

And the Soyuz at Ascension is not an ICBM, it's a manned ship. They copy and pasted the graphic for it, no need for 3 different soyuz, but if you look at the loading bar that fills as you link the landers, it's clearly a manned soyuz.

Plus, there are no landers at Baikonur in the campaign.

And the sputnik thing doesn't really point to Ascension, it's just pointing out the space race and the monkeys. We were supposed to make the connection between the cosmodromes and zombies, but we failed :P

Also, that drawing the monkey is on is NOT only sputnik, it also is the side of the casimir mechanism.

I'm sorry but Ascension just seems to low key, and secretive and unclear to be deemed as Baikonur, the most famed cosmodrome on the planet.

What's even more confusing is why the monkey is portrayed as the Vitruvian Man.

This is turning into annother 'clarke is the theif' post :P We should remeber that Dempsey isn't Polonsky, Takeo isn't the officer from WaW, Richtoffen isn't Amsel, Nick isn't Chernov, verruckt isn't the asylum from WaW etc even though they share the same model. However, this could also be an obvious reference as well! :D

But in the end remeber it doesn't matter, wherever Ascension is it is still in Russia, and that is all that is important for the plot line.

• Administrators

Well I think it matters to figure exact locations, I mean people still believe that it could be at Rebirth Island, so until we find definitive proof, or at least close to it, people will still have different thoughts sadly.

Okay, now this is interesting to compare, and contrast...

NoClip screenshot of Baikonur Cosmodrome from Executive Order campaign mission

*Note these models are so far out in the distance from where the normal campaign mission takes place, that the dev's only choose certain visible elements to be placed here. And some models just disappear into the background, which is common of the environments in this game engine.

Noclip screenshot of Ascension Cosmodrome

Re-used game assets much?...

I can understand what BlindBusDrivr is saying

Designs come from the same planning office and you get similar features

The soviets also liked standardising things

Im sure theres more than one overhead image in the game as a whole

There is one that is all over the walls of revelations and five in the bottom righthand corner of a document

I havent got the actual image of the pic and document from in the game

I think i have the original doc that 3arc have changed the signature on which looks the same

Feels like this post was a bit off-topic. But regardless, it's another absolutely brilliant find by K1llsteelr!

You got this right off the CIA website, right?

Check this out guys. These documents are found all over Five, and the teleported room from Kino, that is suppose to be Five.

The mj12 docs and cambridge five you can get from fb1 vault (it says the ones that they say are fake)

That one i think is still unconfirmed but the original signiture i believe is eisenhower

I couldnt link the name with anyone else that could send that letter but that might not be important

But it is an interesting question why it is not eisenhower

It was sent on the date of the supposed ufo crash

What it says is just as interesting though and why it is used so much in the maps

Your have to check this as i ripped it from another source and i have lost the one i corrected but its a start

DIRECTIVE TO LIEUTENANT GENERAL TWINING

You will proceed to the White Sands Proving Ground Command Center without delay for the purpose of making an appraisal of the reported unidentifed objects being kept there. Part of your mission there will deal with the military, political and psychological situations current and projected. In the course of your survey you will maintain liason with the military officials in the area.

In making your appraisal it is desired that you proceed with detachment from any opinions or feelings expressed by personnel involved which do not conform to sound reasoning with regard to the possible outcome. In presenting the findings of your mission you should endeavor to state as consisely as possible your estimate of the character, *******, and probable consequences in the event that assistance is not given.

When your mission in New Mexico is completed you will proceed on a brief trip to the Sandia *** facility to make an appraisal of the situation there, also of the reaction of the Los Alamos people involved. Before going to White Sands you will communicate with General Eisenhower to assertain whether he desires you to proceed visa Kirtland AAF.

You will take with you such experts, technicians, scientists and assistants as you deem necessary to the effectiveness of your mission.

BTW the centifuge looks the same but i got the feeling the one in the map has some added extras have a look above it and at some of the signs around it

The mj12 docs and cambridge five you can get from fb1 vault (it says the ones that they say are fake)

That one i think is still unconfirmed but the original signiture i believe is eisenhower

I couldnt link the name with anyone else that could send that letter but that might not be important

But it is an interesting question why it is not eisenhower

It was sent on the date of the supposed ufo crash

What it says is just as interesting though and why it is used so much in the maps

Your have to check this as i ripped it from another source and i have lost the one i corrected but its a start

DIRECTIVE TO LIEUTENANT GENERAL TWINING

You will proceed to the White Sands Proving Ground Command Center without delay for the purpose of making an appraisal of the reported unidentifed objects being kept there. Part of your mission there will deal with the military, political and psychological situations current and projected. In the course of your survey you will maintain liason with the military officials in the area.

In making your appraisal it is desired that you proceed with detachment from any opinions or feelings expressed by personnel involved which do not conform to sound reasoning with regard to the possible outcome. In presenting the findings of your mission you should endeavor to state as consisely as possible your estimate of the character, *******, and probable consequences in the event that assistance is not given.

When your mission in New Mexico is completed you will proceed on a brief trip to the Sandia *** facility to make an appraisal of the situation there, also of the reaction of the Los Alamos people involved. Before going to White Sands you will communicate with General Eisenhower to assertain whether he desires you to proceed visa Kirtland AAF.

You will take with you such experts, technicians, scientists and assistants as you deem necessary to the effectiveness of your mission.

BTW the centifuge looks the same but i got the feeling the one in the map has some added extras have a look above it and at some of the signs around it

:o I WATCHED A video of that story on ufo hunters or what ever this air force guy was doing a a practice flight and he saw a diamond shaped ufo they gave him the ok to shoot it and he whent toards it to shoot but the weapons werent firing then a golden glowing cilinder started circleing him and he said it stoped the plane completly and when it was done circling him it went back and then another one came out and went directly toward him he dodged it and it went back in the ufo he was freaking out so he went back and a white disk followed him and crashed in a hill then when he landed a cia guy told him he was sent over by his superior to investigate