309 kills on NML!

Superhands

Hey guys, so was playing a little NML today, as usual the side-drop strategy wasn't quite getting the desired result, just doesn't seem to be for me... so I decided to have a little go at the back-pool strategy to see if it would work any better for me. Little did I know what was to come!

Wish I'd recorded the full game but I was only just properly trying the back pool area for the first time in months. After I had 280+ kills and a full clip I realised I should have a chance at 300+ so I started recording. This is the last minute and a half of the game:

Nt08VcUV1Og

EDIT:

Managed to bump this up to 309, did some games today and made a couple of 300+ games, glad yesterday's one wasn't a fluke :lol:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Superhands ... tab=public

Been trying to video-cap some full games but I guess I'm camera shy, keep getting nervous and screwing it up :P but I'll keep trying, really wanna get a full length vid of a 300+ game.

Wishing I'd tried the back-pool beforehand now, would have made 300 ages ago :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate :) I'm sure you will, if you're not getting results from the side-drop then stick with the back pool, works a lot better for me. Gonna try and get a full 300+ game recorded at some point soon now that I know I can pull it off, wasn't even that great of a start to be honest so I know this score can be improved.

Were you using your normal PaP strategy? And thanks, I'll try and crappily record or screenshot the last moments of my high kill game.

Yeah, got 41 kills off it I think and PaP at about 92 seconds, so nothing spectacular.

When I realised I was on for 300+ I got SO nervous :lol: then I had 298 kills, was hoping a couple of zombies died from my last 2 shots... I shot them and could barely look as I brought up the score. Then I was like '308 s*@#!!!'

See, I was thinking about all of the timed PaP's the other day while playing, and I thought "you know when you PaP is not really important, it is when you use MS and when you get jug that really maters." I planned on timing myself, but then forgot. :lol: Now I know 90 kills, jug, 3 min.

I think as long as it's before 100 seconds and you've got about 40 kills then you've gotten off to a pretty good start. Obviously you can get much better results than this and the better the start the more kills your likely to get.

As soon as I got my M&S this time I made straight for the back pool and made my Jugg points there. You can make nice tight groups there and I saved a couple of shots by using less shots to take out the groups in the early stages. And it's those 2 shots that made the difference between 298 kills and 308 kills at the end of the game ;)

Well, lets go give this a shot again! At the very least perhaps I can time my jug getting. Thanks for the help by the way! Your strategy (90 sec) is what made me go from 121 to 219. Hopefully your advice here can shoot me at least past 261 (Mixmasters record) so I can once again be the highest on my friends list! :twisted:

Dogs get annoying in that back pool. Occasionally they like to over shoot and fly right in my path during a cut back and they just stand there waiting for me. AND THE OBNOXIOUS DOUBLE HITS! I hate the little zombie/treyarch T-bag where they let you know you were just obnoxiously double hit by forcing your player to hit the ground and do a complete 180. I have come to hate the occasional slow zombie that decides to take a lesson from the tortoise and the hare "slow and steady wins the race." They are annoying more than dangerous, but they distract me.

Very very cool Super! I've taken a break recently from NML, played for 20 minutes yesterday and it was tough! Forgotten how fast it could be tbh.

Getting a good start and finishing strong are the hardest things, all my 300 games have come of pretty lackluster starts. I just hope that 1 day I get an 80 second PAP, 45 kills, 150 second Juggs, 95 kills. Then you are on for 330.

Chopper, Eye, and Superhands. You three should make a joint effort in creating a super No Mans Land guide. Give detailed descriptions of each strategy, the ideal strategy, and several videos of them in action. There is a lot out there about the start, but after that you assume we know how to most efficiently use the MS ammo. Should I wait for an entire spawn, or shoot when it appears to be fairly large. 1 at a time or 2 at once? I am sure between the three of you, a No Mans Land guide would be pure gold.

Good idea Afro, I would add Mix into there too.

I've been thinking about doing some testing on the times it moves from 3 to 4 shots, 4 to 5 etc. If you notice in say Mato's videos there is an instinctual awareness of when this happens.

Generally in the first 5 and a 1/2 minutes it takes 1 double shot and then a single, after that 2 doubles. I'd always say it's better to do single shots once you have crawlers as you don't want to waste ammo, but sometimes doing a single shot and not killing them all can cost you....it often can be hard to get into position immediately to fire off that second shot quickly.

I'm pretty good up until around 200 kills, or about the 6 minute mark. After that is the absolute toughest time, taking 5 shots and upwards to kill. Keeping a tight group is easier in the swamp, important when you are making crawlers but the side drop is easier to spam double shots. You don't have the same room in the swamp and if a double shot hits a jumping dog you are going to be red, causing a good 6 second delay before you can fire again. This may not seem like much but if it happens even only 5 times you have lost 30 seconds.

I'll PM the guys and see what ideas we can come up with :)

Oh and regarding spawns and waiting.....Mato is convinced that you should always wait for a completely full spawn. Even if it takes an extra 5 seconds to get those last 2 it makes a difference in completely clearing them all before a new spawn starts. Firing double shots is risky when you have potential new zombies running up behind you.

It may not be 300, but I just got a 268! Take that MixMaster! I am not #2 on my friends leaderboards anymore!!! :twisted: I was not going to play a solo, but I decided to see what would happen, and on round one I got the Ray gun, Gersh Devices, Wave gun (replaced ray, keeping MS) Bowie knife, jug, quick revive, flopper, opened all the way to the biodome, stopped Epsilon from attacking. And then did a victory Flopper dive off of one of the floating launch pads :D Perhaps I should see where this game goes.

EDIT*

Game is currently paused at round 20 with zero downs and recently replenished ammo, I also finally got the "ground control" achievement. I want to go back to it, but I think I should sleep...

Managed to bump this up to 309, did some games today and made a couple of 300+ games, glad yesterday's one wasn't a fluke :lol:

Been trying to video-cap some games but I guess I'm camera shy, keep getting nervous and screwing it up :P but I'll keep trying, really wanna get a full length vid of a 300+ game.

Wishing I'd tried the back-pool beforehand now, would have made 300 ages ago :lol: