A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Why could they not be aliens? Area 51 is believed to be somewhere in Nevada. TranZit is close by Nuketown, which is in Nevada. This means TranZit itself must take place somewhere in Nevada. My theory is that the HAARP Facility took some little alien monkey looking things and planted them around the facility to keep unwanted tourist from peering into their doings. Also, their heads look like the same exact size and shape of the skull found at the end of the Shangri-La EE.

1: Green Run is in Hanford, Washington, not in Nevada. How come you think Green Run is near Nuketown?

2: I believe that we are not at a HAARP facility. The bus driver refers to it as the HAARP Research Facility, which like every other location he says, is a specific place. That one is in Alaska.

3: The skulls were longer in length, vertically, not bigger all around.

EDIT: Haha I didn't notice he said that either.

It's fine. It's good to have a good dose of real life. Although I do think too much of a good thing is a bad thing. And I'm sorry, my post was just me rambling. It is interesting to think about though.

Tac, can't we talk about the weapons? Can't they be something other than just "non-canonical"? The Wonder Weapons counted. I think a whole bunch of futuristic weapons deserve SOME kind of explanation, even if it's as simple as "Richtofen just filled the box with weapons from the alternate future willy-nilly."

• Administrators

We can talk about weapons, yes. You know where I stand and visa-versa, but I will be open minded. In Kino Der Toten, all the weapons that aren't in service yet and are in the map are from the box, except one. That list grows longer with FIVE, as it happens even earlier than Kino and we have a pretty set time on that one. I don't know if that accounts for anything, however, whether they are in the box or on the wall. I've never thought of it as mattering only because I've always taken weapons as a gameplay mechanic and for that reason, non-canon. When you have upwards of ten weapons on a map that aren't in service yet, no matter how far ahead they are, I feel like get can't be considered. My mentality is an all or nothing. Do to one what you do to all, and by that I mean I don't consider how futuristic they are, just the fact they are futuristic in general, if that makes sense.

• Moderators

The wall guns are all BO1 weapons,right? (or at least from that time period)

And the random box weapons are for the most part 2025 weapons.

So the mistery box can have those weapons because it is a "magical" object and is not restricted to 1 time period.

For me (as ironic as that sounds) that is the most logical explanation.

Oh and the wall weapons are in there because it is still that time period.

Well not really but the weapons could be there because they have been there before the rockets. Which means that they stayed there. It is as if time never moved basically. (for green run at least)

Actually the pistol in the bus is considered a 2025 weapon as well...ugh...then again who knows where the bus went during the long drive. :lol:

I'm still gonna post this. ^.^

• Administrators

The wall guns are all BO1 weapons,right? (or at least from that time period)

And the random box weapons are for the most part 2025 weapons.

These weapons are on the wall and not in Black Ops 1, or are just of general interest.

B23R: I am reading it's just a three-round burst M1911, which was made in 1911 hence the name. Not sure when the three-round burst part was ever added, but I'll say it could easily have been before these maps.

Remington 870: Created in 1951, it does not appears in PC or Console versions of Black Ops 1, but it does in the DS Version. Take that how you'd like.

Galvaknuckles: Not even sure what to say about these...

AK74u: This weapon did show up in the original Black Ops, but it wasn't created until about 1978, which was past Black Ops anyway. It also showed up in Kino, which is late 1960's.

So the mistery box can have those weapons because it is a "magical" object and is not restricted to 1 time period.

For me (as ironic as that sounds) that is the most logical explanation.

I would generally agree with you that because the box is indeed magic, it can do whatever it wants. But with so much inconsistency, I personally write it off all-together. Like in FIVE for example, the Olympia, MP5k, and AK74u are all wall weapons and not created yet. The M16 and a few others are AWFULLY close so I let them slide.

I've always thought that the weapons are canonical up to a point. They have to be taken with a grain of salt.

-Wonder Weapons are always canonical weapons

-WWII weapons appear in World at War

-Arisaka appears exclusively in Shi No Numa

-MP40 reappears in Kino der Toten and Call of the Dead to indicate German presence

-Black Ops weapons appear in the generally appropriate time period over the course of the game, if not the exact date.

-The majority of wall weapons in Black Ops II are from Black Ops, adding to the retro feel.

I just think, as much sense as it does NOT make, it still deserves a mention, an admittance. Just like "Why was there a Thundergun in Kino?" The answer is simply "Somehow a Thundergun was at Kino."

I think that the futuristic weapons, which don't fit at all deserve something like "The Mystery Box was filled with futuristic weapons that never existed."

Do to one what you do to all, and by that I mean I don't consider how futuristic they are, just the fact they are futuristic in general, if that makes sense.

I don't know what you mean by that.

@Lenne: I say grain of salt. One or two weapons are off, but the MAJORITY fit the time period. There's a distinct difference between the time period of the majority of weapons in the box and out, indicating that the box weapons appear only as a result of some... Aether... thingy...

@Tac: I think they are too large a mechanic to simply write off. Can't we agree that the Mystery Box has some mysterious ability to pluck weapons that don't make any sense as well as ones from the neighboring area? That would explain the ones that DO make sense.

I just found a quote that supports that Zombies are still in isolated locations around the planet, not the entire planet:

Richtofen:

"Yeah, yeah! You did it! Soon this beautiful planet will be healed once more, and the flesh will cover the Earth! What a glorious day that will be for you! You will be their hero who has saved all of the Earth, for ME to play with! Ah ha ha!"

At first glance, it may look like how he is referring to covering the Earth with human toys, to his perspective. However, he has referred to the "the flesh" as the flesh of Zombies. Maybe Richtofen's ultimate goal is to restore humanity so that he can turn humanity into his zombie minions? This would imply that the world is not currently covered in Zombies. And that Maxis's missiles had killed so many people that there's little for him to do.

EDIT: Btw, has anyone been talking about where exactly the bodies at Nuketown came from? Black Ops and Spetsnaz maybe? There may have been multiple sources. Military soldiers. Hazmat people.

EDIT: Fixed typo.

• Moderators

I just found a quote that supports that Zombies are still in isolated locations around the planet, not the entire planet:

Richtofen:

"Yeah, yeah! You did it! Soon this beautiful planet will be healed once more, and the flesh will cover the Earth! What a glorious day that will be for you! You will be there hero who has saved all of the Earth, for ME to play with! Ah ha ha!"

At first glance, it may look like how he is referring to covering the Earth with human toys, to his perspective. However, he has referred to the "the flesh" as the flesh of Zombies. Maybe Richtofen's ultimate goal is to restore humanity so that he can turn humanity into his zombie minions? This would imply that the world is not currently covered in Zombies. And that Maxis's missiles had killed so many people that there's little for him to do.

EDIT: Btw, has anyone been talking about where exactly the bodies at Nuketown came from? Black Ops and Spetsnaz maybe? There may have been multiple sources. Military soldiers. Hazmat people.

About Nuketown I would say that there are definitely some cdc people in the zombie mix.

I would like to know what Richtofens goal is in general.

Defeat Maxis?

Create more zombies?

Both?

Something totally different?

But I think that he wants the "human toys" since he does say: "Soon this beautiful planet will be healed once more..." maybe he is just refering to the earth itself though.

@MonopolyMac: I am still finding it hard to believe three non-115 Nukes would do something so devastating. And I find it unrealistic to think they had vril. I mean I cooould just go with it, so to speak, that there was no 115, and that the cause of the amount of devastation is unknown.

@Lenne: Strange that all those people were there. At this point, I think Richtofen has no long-term goal. I think he is evil and crazy. He wants to satisfy his urged. Restore humanity to bring it down again. Then he will be bored again, which is the flaw of most evil video villains: If they win, then what?

@MonopolyMac: I am still finding it hard to believe three non-115 Nukes would do something so devastating. And I find it unrealistic to think they had vril. I mean I cooould just go with it, so to speak, that there was no 115, and that the cause of the amount of devastation is unknown.

@Lenne: Strange that all those people were there. At this point, I think Richtofen has no long-term goal. I think he is evil and crazy. He wants to satisfy his urged. Restore humanity to bring it down again. Then he will be bored again, which is the flaw of most evil video villains: If they win, then what?

Still not convinced that three Nukes could contain 115 and do any more damage than a regular Nuke could (excluding the zombie side-effect).

Btw have we discussed the fact that a bus is even currently still running and is able to know how to dodge certain road blocks and such with a driver that is a semi-broken robotic driver that is in no way modern from its looks.

Sorta. There is overwhelming evidence now I see that it does indeed take place in the '60's. But what about the Bus Driver? Well it turns out that "Why is there a robot in '60's?" is just ONE of many unanswered questions about this Bus Driver. I think we will find out eventually, but not right now.

Here are some of the other questions:

Why does he appear to go to Nuketown?

Why is he futuristic in appearance?

Why does he react to his environment?

Why does he reference so many incorrect locations?

Why does his license plate say Colorado?

Why is he in Washington?

What has put him in his current loop state?

Why was he created?

We can, of course, theorize for now.

Just an interesting side theory I came up not too long ago. Just tell me your thoughts on it.

Everything undead in this game is capable of dropping power ups. The monkeys, the crawlers, the zombies, George, and hellhounds. The Denizens however don't. I think this is a sign that these little critters aren't undead and it points even more to them being a product of laboratory experiments. Thoughts?

• Administrators

Still not convinced that three Nukes could contain 115 and do any more damage than a regular Nuke could (excluding the zombie side-effect).

That was my belief as well, I don't understand how the 115 would increase the actual physical damage inflicted.

Why does he appear to go to Nuketown?

Why does he reference so many incorrect locations?

Why does his license plate say Colorado?

Why is he in Washington?

I feel like these questions could possibly be answered with the sheer fact that the bus gets around to many, many locales. Nuketown, Colorado, and Washington are just a few, as we know, and because he does to to so many places I don't find it surprising to hear him mention new places. I feel like this bus has been around a while as well. I mean I have yet to hear of buses that do nationwide tours lol, so I think that the bus has been stationed in a bunch of states in either a long or short amount of time. Why do I say this? Because he still refers to the bus company name as the one that was cancelled in 1931. I don't know why, since that early doesn't sit right for even me for the bus driver creation.

Just an interesting side theory I came up not too long ago. Just tell me your thoughts on it.

Everything undead in this game is capable of dropping power ups. The monkeys, the crawlers, the zombies, George, and hellhounds. The Denizens however don't. I think this is a sign that these little critters aren't undead and it points even more to them being a product of laboratory experiments. Thoughts?

I honestly never thought about that, that's a great observation. However, the Pentagon Thief dropped the Bonfire Sale and he was not a zombie (I don't think) since he didn't have the glowing eyes or anything.

Check out my story DLC idea for the O4 and Marlton on the TranZit sub-forum. Maybe more of the story can be gathered from theorizing my idea? And I believe that TranZit takes place in the future...The weapons and scenery fit.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 36&t=25687

Next time try and add a link for us Expert ;). The theory you present is a theory about a future Easter Egg, yes, but it is based on things we have 0 control over and acts more as a suggestion so we really can't base anything current off of the idea.

Archived