A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Administrators

I think it's too difficult to deduce whether NTZ is meant to be NT 2025 or OG NT because it's so mutilated when we see it in NTZ.

Tac-

The banner could have been put up circa 1968 and then remained there throughout the years. If all humans are zombies now, would they really care if some outdated banner was still hanging around?

Not to mention, if NTZ is in the 60's, Why is Marleton there?

All the building, structures, buses, etc. are the original Nuketown.

There's no reason to have the banner of a squadron remain in that Hangar after they were discontinued if there was still testing testing happening past that point, by other groups, it simply wouldn't make sense.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no reason to have the banner of a squadron remain in that Hangar after they were discontinued if there was still testing testing happening past that point, by other groups, it simply wouldn't make sense.

...But if that banner was hung and then the outbreak occurred, who would be left around to actually take the banner down?

The banner, to me, is not a good indication.

What's more intriguing is the Nuketown vehicles and if NTZ happens just before the missiles drop, why is it so damaged when we get there and why is there a mushroom cloud in the background from the start?

• Administrators

...But if that banner was hung and then the outbreak occurred, who would be left around to actually take the banner down?

What's more intriguing is the Nuketown vehicles and if NTZ happens just before the missiles drop, why is it so damaged when we get there and why is there a mushroom cloud in the background from the start?

That's my point, in a way. Nuketown loses contact with Hangar 18 "mysteriously" and if the outbreak happened before the banner was taken down like it would've been in 1968, I suspect this mysterious losing if contact is the outbreak.

Call of Duty's website says Nuketown Zombies happened after the original Nuketown multiplayer, and radiation scientists went to investigate and got turned. Mushroom clouds only last for a few hours, so the map is within a few hours of the original multiplayer.

If you want to hear my opinion on the matter, listen to the latest podcast from PDT.

But yeah. It's not up for debate (for the tenth time). The great thing about science is it isn't a democracy.

Before:

P71.George Barkley, a former CDC assistant director in Druid Hills, Georgia, knew some of the awful side-effects of Element 115.

The airborne 115 started to cause paranoia among other mental instabilities in survivors just like it had to Maxis nearly a century ago. Under 115-induced delusion, he euthanized fourteen members of his own team and proceeded to make a transmission to anyone that would hear him to warn them of the dangers of the 115 contaminant.

Richtofen began to contact survivors. He was not happy that the world had been taken from him, and he aimed to fix that. However, no survivors met his expectations.

An organization or movement began where people would consume zombie flesh to survive. They were known as The Flesh. Their practices aligned very much with cannibalism and occultism. One notable member of The Flesh was a man known as Samuel J. Stuhlinger.

Two military or former military men operated in a mission in this post-apocalyptic world. Saber10 was the codename of a man with a jet plane. He was communicating to a man by the codename Retcon5. Saber10 was making a sweep over a site they called Broken Arrow with three mission objectives: to find survivors, to find records relating to the outbreak, and to evaluate it as a new forward operating base. There were no survivors. All of the records were destroyed by staff in a fire to prevent their own incrimination. The place was designated for bombing. Saber10 dropped his payload and retreated.

After:

P71.George Barkley, a former CDC assistant director in Druid Hills, Georgia, knew some of the awful side-effects of Element 115.

The airborne 115 started to cause paranoia among other mental instabilities in survivors just like it had to Maxis nearly a century ago. Under 115-induced delusion, he euthanized fourteen members of his own team and proceeded to make a transmission to anyone that would hear him to warn them of the dangers of the 115 contaminant.

Richtofen began to contact survivors. He was not happy that the world had been taken from him, and he aimed to fix that. However, no survivors met his expectations.

An organization or movement began where people would consume zombie flesh to survive. They were known as The Flesh. Their practices aligned very much with cannibalism and occultism. One notable member of The Flesh was a man known as Samuel J. Stuhlinger.

Two military or former military men operated in a mission in this post-apocalyptic world. Saber10 was the codename of a man with a jet plane. He was communicating to a man by the codename Retcon5. Saber10 was making a sweep over a site and corporation called Broken Arrow. Russman had been a man who worked here but was fired. Saber10 and Recton5 had three mission objectives: to find survivors, to find records relating to the outbreak, and to evaluate it as a new forward operating base. There were no survivors. All of the records were destroyed by staff in a fire to prevent their own incrimination. The place was designated for bombing. Saber10 dropped his payload and retreated.

(Since it isn't clear whether Broken Arrow was operating post-missiles or not in addition to being before the missiles, I put it in the past progressive tense here.)

That's my point, in a way. Nuketown loses contact with Hangar 18 "mysteriously" and if the outbreak happened before the banner was taken down like it would've been in 1968, I suspect this mysterious losing if contact is the outbreak.

Call of Duty's website says Nuketown Zombies happened after the original Nuketown multiplayer, and radiation scientists went to investigate and got turned. Mushroom clouds only last for a few hours, so the map is within a few hours of the original multiplayer.

Yeah the map is definitely located in the 60's.

Then you are deaf, blind, and know nothing of physics. Although at least Tac has the sense to make up new physics to compensate (dimensions).

Cool story bro, tell it again.

Sure thing.

If you honestly believe that all the things detailed in this story happen within one universe in one timeline and STILL believe that the world was blown up in the past, then you have a faulty perception of cause-and-effect.

The literal only logistic explanation is it was blown up in the future. If I am holding two objects in my hands manufactured at different dates, the time at which I hold them MUST be after the most recently manufactured object.

There is no physical way to go around this, unless of course you change the laws of physics.

That's what you believe Tac. You believe multi-dimensional theory. In lieu of believing the future for whatever reason, you choose to make multi-dimensional theory plug the holes. I believe it is unlikely, but it's at least something, which I indicated.

• Administrators

"If you honestly believe that all the things detailed in this story happen within one universe in one timeline and STILL believe that the world was blown up in the past, then you have a faulty perception of cause-and-effect."

I was under the impression this was directed at me. Anyway, this is going nowhere it seems. We have differing views that don't seem likely to change.

Then you are deaf, blind, and know nothing of physics. Although at least Tac has the sense to make up new physics to compensate (dimensions).

Or you are just too stubborn, to take into consideration that it happened in the 60's. Anyway I have said many times that the time line is multidimensional. Every time history changes in zombies it takes a new path. And doesn't change the actual events happened in the future of that dimension.

For example getting the Focusing Stone from Shangri-La. Then going back in time destroying the Earth meaning they couldn't have gotten the focusing stone. But instead when they go to past they start a new timeline. That is what I believe and I can't say if its right or wrong and neither can you.

Calling people deaf and blind doesn't do any good to you if you want people to help you. Few have sticked with this thread, many have left.

I personally believe the Multi-Dimensional Theory, Moon couldn't have taken place in the future because Nuketown HAD to have taken place in the 1960's, because Above Ground Nuclear Testing did not take place after the 1960's, it was banned, the map of Nuketown is clearly a 1960's Nuclear Test Site, Nuketown takes place in the 1960's, and so does Moon, they traveled back in time from Shangri-La back to the 60's, the timeline branched off from the time up to Call of the Dead in the first timeline when the rockets hit the Earth, I do think Tranzit and such could take place in the future, but Moon was in the 1960's.

Just my opinion however, MMX has a right to his own, through Logic and Physics really don't apply in the Zombies universe to be honest. (With all the Time Travel and Elemental Weapons and such)

I don't think the CDC or CIA actually count as characters, necessarily. They are more "filler" characters. Nuketown is debateable, because they could easily have been there to examine results of the nuke testing for one of many reasons, and it's obvious it happens during and just after the events following Moon. But I don't think they were actually around for events following the questline for maps afterwords. Because there were basically other mode options; either the "Story" mode (TranZit, Die Rise, Buried) or, there were survival, turned and Grief modes. I honestly think they were just a filler to justify space for Grief, because they wouldn't put two groups of the N4. Not to mention, they are randomly selected. You're either a CDC or CIA player.

I don't think the CDC or CIA actually count as characters, necessarily. They are more "filler" characters. Nuketown is debateable, because they could easily have been there to examine results of the nuke testing for one of many reasons, and it's obvious it happens during and just after the events following Moon. But I don't think they were actually around for events following the questline for maps afterwords. Because there were basically other mode options; either the "Story" mode (TranZit, Die Rise, Buried) or, there were survival, turned and Grief modes. I honestly think they were just a filler to justify space for Grief, because they wouldn't put two groups of the N4.

That's basically what the CDC and CIA are, through technically, Grief and Turned could be explained story wise as Richtofen playing with his powers and playing games with Survivors, through I am not sure.

Richtofen's dialog could easily just be narration for the game mode itself. Much like Multiplayer; the narrator for the team usually announces the game mode, then the objective. Richtofen basically does the same, but in the nature of his character.

Richtofen's dialog could easily just be narration for the game mode itself. Much like Multiplayer; the narrator for the team usually announces the game mode, then the objective. Richtofen basically does the same, but in the nature of his character.

That makes sense also, through it could still fit into the story as Richtofen playing games with his powers, but that makes sense as well.

Right, I'm just saying that even storywise, I'll be the first to say even I think that's looking too deep into it. I think it's quite clear that there is one mode that IS the storyline, then the other options are purely for fun and have no significance whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, so CoDz is back up. :)

During the hiatus, I made a story-related essay-ish thing, which I posted here: http://zombiecentral.net/showthread.php?tid=287

I don't really have much to say about it that I didn't say already. How much will apply to this storyline? We'll see. I still need to get my things in order.

Also during the hiatus, I wrote the next few paragraphs of the story. I'll post them when I can. Just be prepared. I still need to edit how the new characters got together, though.

Also, I analyzed the dialogue from the both sides of the Side Mission. And I think I can confirm that there were indeed many survivors before us. And I think specifically that the Grief group is just one group of many previous survivors, making me even more certain they are canon.

Unfortunately, the big guy is something else. It seems he'll be as mysterious as the Pentagon Thief.

So yeah, anyone post whatever they've found lately. I'll be gathering up my things to return to work.

EDIT: Changed the first part of P74:

Before:

P74.The Bus Driver had accumulated passengers over time. Abigail "Misty" Briarton was a southern woman who joined. She and Marlton, or "Marly" as she called him, developed feelings for one another. Samuel had a longtime friend named Russman, and they had been involved with the Broken Arrow incident in some fashion. They joined as passengers on the bus. The Bus Driver arrived in the long-abandoned ghost town of an area known as Green Run, more specifically the Bus Depot, by the time of at least 20 years since the missiles hit, or sometime after 2045. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman went inside the Bus Depot, and Maxis contacted them through the PA system there to ask for their help.

After:

P74.Marlton had met up with a southern woman named Abigail "Misty" Briarton, and they happened upon the long-abandoned ghost town area known as Green Run, more specifically the Bus Depot, by the time of at least 20 years since the missiles hit, or sometime after 2045. Misty gave Marlton her nickname for him, "Marly", and they began to have feelings for each other. They fought against zombies when the Bus Driver pulled up, with Samuel and Russman in tow, who invited them aboard. Sometime following, Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman went inside the Bus Depot, and Maxis contacted them through the PA system there to ask for their help.

Also, paragraphs have now been renumbered. P74 is now P79.

Also, here are the added paragraphs I made. For now, none of the links work:

P85.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman then began to wander the Earth. They fought their way through the Far East, through the Middle East, and down to Africa. Another group of survivors happened upon the Rift in Africa. Maxis and Richtofen urged the survivors to help them power the Mining Tower that was above the buried town below. However, the survivors failed. More survivors came upon the come, and more failed. Many groups of survivors came and died. Some were more successful than others, but none completed Maxis’s nor Richtofen’s goals. Four members of the CIA and four members of the CDC were among the survivors that came upon the Rift. However, their bickering led Richtofen to just pit them against each other like he had done to the last CIA and CDC members. Richtofen also decided to entertain himself by turning zombies into humans temporarily just like he had before in the Diner.

P86.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman were heading down through Africa, just passing Egypt, when they stopped in the ruins of an airplane.

Russman said that their next destination would let them be sure, but his memory loss prevented him from explaining any further. Misty gave Marlton, Samuel, and Russman a motivational speech for why they kill the undead. Later, they finally arrived at the Rift in what was once Angola. They stood upon the lower levels of a broken mining tower when Maxis noticed their presence and greeted them.

He told them that, to activate the remaining, functional, Mining Tower, they must go below ground through an opening revealed by the mining operation and the tectonic shift of the ground from when the missiles hit. Maxis then explained how the depth hindered him and that he needed their help. Richtofen then took notice of the group.

Both Richtofen and Maxis tried to behave themselves more, be nice, and appeal to Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman to convince them to power the Mining Tower, again forcing them to choose between Richtofen and Maxis.

P87.Richtofen treated them as he had done earlier. Every time they died, he spawned them back to life for them to try again, desperately hoping they'd choose to help him. The mining operation above, along with the buried town below, they collectively referred to as Resolution 1295. At one point, Marlton, Misty, Samuel, and Russman managed to build another NavCard Reader just like they had in Green Run and Great Leap Forward. They inserted the NavCard they had found into the NavCard Reader, which accepted it. They also found a NavCard in Resolution 1295. In between deaths, Richtofen spawned them back in the Green Run area just long enough to place that NavCard in the NavCard Reader there, which accepted it. So, then all the NavCard Readers were working, something that was essential for all of the Towers to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Richtofen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Maxis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P88R.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman came upon a Guillotine in the town.

Richtofen told them that the Guillotine could be used to further his goals. They went to go find the parts to add to the Guillotine to fulfill Richtofen’s plan. They added a Dish, some Wires, a strange Crystal, and an Antenna to the Guillotine.

They found some devices that amplified ethereal energy within the ground, called Amplifiers, sticking out of the ground.

Richtofen told them the Amplifiers needed a bit more power. So they found the Paralyzer that Maxis left, and they charged the Amplifiers up with even more ethereal energy by firing the Paralyzer at them.

A Lantern that seemed ethereal in nature then began to float around the place. They used a grenade to bring it down.

Richtofen told them they needed to fill the Lantern with energy. They went to the mansion of Sarah Faraday, and they entered it. She sent projections of herself to combat them, to get them out of her house. However, they killed the projections, which unleashed energy that filled the Lantern.

Survivors that had previously come far in helping Richtofen or Maxis knew what needed to be done next, and they had written it down in the form of a coded clue. The Lantern was able to light up the coded markings.

P89R.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decoded the message, which indicated three signs. They found the signs in the tunnels, and they hit them with Galvaknuckles in the correct order, revealing the Wisp.

The Wisp was the collective souls of the survivors that had been here previously. It began to teleport around the town, and they used Vulture Aid Elixir to see through the walls to see where the Wisp was. It fed off of their energy, and it eventually ended up attached to the Guillotine. When zombies approached it, pieces of the Wisp attached to the zombies.

Richtofen instructed them to kill the zombies to take their energy. They killed a few more zombies like this until the Guillotine was powered to Richtofen’s satisfaction.

Richtofen informed them that somehow they had accidentally created a hole in the fabric of space and time, specifically a paradox. He told them to place a Time Bomb on the Guillotine, and they did so. Then they triggered the makeshift time machine they had crafted.

It took them far into the future, to a so-called Round Infinity. Richtofen told them to find a switch. They searched the dead bodies of their future selves until they found the switch and came back to their relative present.

Richtofen them told them to go to the maze in the backyard of Sarah’s mansion. They then pulled the switches in the correct order, which pleased Richtofen.

Richtofen was pleased. He told them to go to the fountain. When they activated the fountain, a sharpshooter game appeared throughout the town. They managed to shoot every last target, which was the last step in fully powering the Mining Tower. Having accomplished that, the Mining Tower became powered for Richtofen.

[/td]

P88M.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman came upon Gallows in the town.

Maxis told them that the Gallows could be used to further his goals. They went to go find the parts to add to the Gallows to fulfill Maxis’s plan. They added two Fuel Cells, some Wires, a Car Battery, and an Antenna to the Gallows.

They found some devices that amplified ethereal energy within the ground, called Amplifiers, sticking out of the ground.

Maxis told them they needed to destroy the Amplifiers so Richtofen couldn’t use them. So, they created a device called the Subsurface Resonator, which was able to project a sonic blast. They used the Subsurface Resonator, along with a Turbine they made, to destroy the Amplifiers.

A Lantern that seemed ethereal in nature then began to float around the place. They used a grenade to bring it down.

Maxis told them they needed to fill the Lantern with energy. They let the “Big Guy” out of his jail cell, and they gave him some candy from the candy store to convince him to help them out. He began to beat up the zombies around them, releasing ethereal energy that filled the Lantern.

Survivors that had previously come far in helping Richtofen or Maxis knew what needed to be done next, and they had written it down in the form of a coded clue. The Lantern was able to light up the coded markings.

P89M.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decoded the message, which indicated three signs. One of the four laid a Time Bomb down. Then, they found the signs in the tunnels, and they hit them with Galvaknuckles in the correct order, revealing the Wisp. The Wisp was the collective souls of the survivors that had been here previously. It began to roam around the town, and they had to kill zombies around the Wisp to keep it alive, as it fed off of the zombies’ energy. It eventually entered one of the Fuel Cells of the Gallows. The person who had laid down the Time Bomb then triggered it, making time reverse back to when they had laid it down. However, the Fuel Cell remained powered, despite the reversal of time. They then revealed the Wisp again, and they killed more zombies around the Wisp again, until it again went to the Gallows, this time in the other Fuel Cell. They then found a strange device within the Faraday mansion. Pulling the lever and pressing bells found throughout the town, while Sarah repeatedly attacked them, they managed to activate the device.

Maxis was pleased. He told them to go to the fountain. When they activated the fountain, a sharpshooter game appeared throughout the town. They managed to shoot every last target, which was the last step in fully powering the Mining Tower. Having accomplished that, the Mining Tower became powered for Maxis.

[td]P90M.A strange and foreboding device within the courthouse in the town displayed that the Tower had all been activated for Maxis. When Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman approached it, it opened to reveal a large button. They pressed it, which activated a chain of events that ultimately resulted in giving Maxis ultimate power.

Maxis gained full control over the Aether, and the zombies' eyes turned orange. He revealed that he lied about healing the Earth, that he actually wanted to use his power to reunite with his long-lost daughter, Samantha, who was trapped in Argatha. He informed the four survivors, that this process would destroy the Earth and all who lived there.

~~~~~~~~~~Richtofen~~~~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~Neither~/~Both~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~~~~~~~Maxis~~~~~~~~~~~~
P90R.A strange and foreboding device within the courthouse in the town displayed that the Tower had all been activated for Richtofen. When Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman approached it, it opened to reveal a large button. They pressed it, which activated a chain of events that ultimately resulted in giving Richtofen ultimate power.

Richtofen gained full control over the Aether. He killed Maxis, and then he entered Samuel's body so he could interact with the physical realm. He rewarded the four survivors for their efforts. However, in the long run, they still died, so their past selves could come reclaim the switch on one of their corpses. The Earth became a toy for Richtofen.

P90N.Both Richtofen and Maxis had equal power. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman died. Richtofen gave up on them, and Richtofen and Maxis instead looked to new survivors to accomplish their goals.

Archived