Der Riese brothers - help a 'newb

Chopper

Hey Guys,

I've played Der Riese a few times, a couple in solo and a few games with Eye and Savage.

I'm on a mission to hit 50 on all maps solo, need to learn Der Riese so I can actually help in co-op so I decided to do Der Riese first.

I'm on 19 and have been running in the STG room. I can do this for a while but have some questions for the experts out there.

At what round should I start doing some kind of loop?

Is the power/stg area the best place to hoard before looping for the trap?

Any tips for 50 on this map solo?

Cheers, Chopper

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely a couple spots to run 'em through a trap. Your area is actually quite good and pretty safe, it's not the fastest but it's solid. You hoard 'em up there, run them to the left exit and to the Thompson room. Hit the trap, run up the stairs, take a left, and then drop down back to the power.

If you're feeling adventurous and want a faster way to run, switch between using the Thompson room and the power area, alternating traps. Then again, the Wunderwaffe when used correctly can be great! By the way man, I'm coming on right now.

Get Wunderwaffe as early as possible in the game (Past round 15 because of the dogs)

For high rounds past 30: Start your train by double tap drop down the ledge and train them by the trap area all the way to teleporter, go up the stairs and drop down and run all the way back to the thompson room and just hit the trap. start back at double tap again and redo this process. Remember to buy ammo on thompson.

I have seen some great players like CJ doing this on solo and making it to 100 + rounds using this strategy. This is him on 97.

http://www.justin.tv/sludgehammer520/b/299444074

But why solo Chopper?? lol

way~

Good choice of weapons you have. As far as a strategy, a loop of the map works a lot better than a single-area loop.

Here's a vid of the loop I use, I'm doing a shotguns only challenge here so ignore the weapons :lol:

Lj37xl4_ZAw

There's also a link in my sig for co-op Der Riese, worth a read ;)

If you really want to do solo Chopper, try for the "Cut the lights out" challenge or any one below, I think all other maps solo's are so doable and not much of an achievement/challenge imo. The real challenges are shangri la and call of the dead. My buddy "sithbas" (he's got a youtube as well) has some good solo rounds on this map and also world record headshots (close to 3000) which is inspiring me to do a solo run on cotd, I might do one soon once MW3 fever is gone.

(solo/co-op)

Cut the lights out: Get Past Round 50 In COTD

Get Past Round 75 In COTD (No traps, no worries)

call of the Undead: Get Past Round 100 In COTD

Shrieker: Get Past Round 50 In ShangriLa

Fractalizer: Get Past Round 75 In ShangriLa

Time Traveler: Get Past Round 100 in ShangriLa

Regards,

way~

Thanks Super, I aborted at 28 due to other commitments. Pretty much just used the Waffe, what an awesome weapon!

Way - I'm trying to get used to doing solo, going to have lots and lots of it in the very near future. 50 on all maps seems genuinely challenging.

SNN and Verruckt seem easy.

Nacht seems to just require an insane amount of concentration and ''A" game.

Der Riese seems easy once I get used to spawning dogs in rounds (it's just different in NML).

Five and COTD seem to be the hardest due to the amount of time they will take.

Moon/Kino/Ascension don't need much said.

Shangri-La may be the most challenging but I've played it the least of all. Baby gun seems overpowered so we will see.

Dead Ops - I'd like to do this to 50 too, have only played it once though and got smashed so it may hav to wait!

Fair enough, let us know when you reach 50 :)

My weapon choice and usage for Der Riese is as follows:

Thompson first of all.

No box hits - leave a crawler at round 10 and get the M&S.

Then keep hitting the box to get the Wunderwaffe, and Monkeys of course.

Rounds 10-20 I run trains in the Bowie area, then take out the whole group with M&S shots. At this stage, it takes 2-4 shots to clear the whole wave. I also use the M&S as my dog killing weapon, surprisingly it makes dealing with mid-round dogs very easy and isn't risky to use if you know what you're doing with it. Any NML player will feel comfortable with this. ALWAYS OHK's dogs so you only need to fire off one shot at a time, hence it not being risky.

Round 20+ I run the full-map loop I showed above, and use 2 zaps of the Wunderwaffe to take out 20 zombies at Speed Cola before running back up to Double Tap. Obviously I upgrade the WW when ammo starts getting brass.

Sometime after round 30 the ammo for the PaP'd Wunderwaffe will keep running low. This is when I start using the traps with the exact strategy shown above. I always keep a perk slot free up until this point, then buy Mule Kick and have a Thompson as a 3rd gun to point-build on my way to the trap. It's not needed up until after round 30, and would be a waste of points if I were to go down and lose it before then.

Fair enough, let us know when you reach 50 :)

My weapon choice and usage for Der Riese is as follows:

Thompson first of all.

No box hits - leave a crawler at round 10 and get the M&S.

Then keep hitting the box to get the Wunderwaffe, and Monkeys of course.

Rounds 10-20 I run trains in the Bowie area, then take out the whole group with M&S shots. At this stage, it takes 2-4 shots to clear the whole wave. I also use the M&S as my dog killing weapon, surprisingly it makes dealing with mid-round dogs very easy and isn't risky to use if you know what you're doing with it. Any NML player will feel comfortable with this. ALWAYS OHK's dogs so you only need to fire off one shot at a time, hence it not being risky.

Round 20+ I run the full-map loop I showed above, and use 2 zaps of the Wunderwaffe to take out 20 zombies at Speed Cola before running back up to Double Tap. Obviously I upgrade the WW when ammo starts getting brass.

Sometime after round 30 the ammo for the Wunderwaffe will keep running low. This is when I start using the taps with the exact strategy shown above. I buy Mule Kick and have a Thompson as a 3rd gun to point-build on my way to the trap.

I think it was you who inspired me to try it mate. The 2 maps I'm concerned about are Nacht and Five.

I like your strategy for Der Riese.

Before NML I never got M&S on a map without flopper. I think I've got a tad more experience with them now though and they are a very viable choice on any map, especially with Mule Kick!

Same for me really, never gave the M&S a thought on maps without Flopper until I got used to using it on NML, it's a really powerful weapon if used effectively. I know some people would disagree with my decision to start taking out waves wih the M&S at round 10, but using this strategy I usually end up with well over 50k by the time it comes to using the traps, assuming it doesn't take forever to get the Wunderwaffe of course :lol:

FIVE is a tough one definately, takes a fair bit of practice to get to the 40+ rounds. See what tips you can pick out of my FIVE guide mate, I'm sure a lot of it you'd already have gathered from general zombies experience but there's definately some things in there that I only could have learned from playing the map a LOT. Mule kick is actually a big help in this map, I updated the guide when it got added to all maps to incorporate the M&S into the guide. I swear I'll find any excuse to use that gun on any map :lol:

I'm sure a lot of it you'd already have gathered from general zombies experience but there's definately some things in there that I only could have learned from playing the map a LOT.

I've read your guide, totally agree with the above. I'm trying every map on my own first where I can, but Five and Dead Ops I will definitely need guides for!

Chopper, What do you think about a race to 50 on all maps solo as one of the "Reapers potential tournament" I am interested in this as well.

I think dead ops is an exception for me, I suck at this map.

You can include a few more members like myself and zach to get to 50 starting next week or so...

In order to confirm that is a new attempt (and not done previously) you need to start the round by doing a something unique like for example,start your 1st and 5th round by throwing grenades in the air..

What do you think?

I have never been motivated enough to play solo but this could be it.

I've never really played solo either. But this could be a chance for me to actually play it.

1. Would these rounds have to be recorded in their entirety or just parts? Because I have a video camera that I would use which I wouldn't want to record a 5 or 6 hour game on, but I could definitely include parts of the match.

2. I also think Dead Ops should be included because it would be a good chance for people to get good at it. When you get good at DoA it is way more fun than regular zombies. This has been confirmed with many other great zombies players who are good at Dead Ops. Getting to Round 50 on Dead Ops Would require beating round 40(Beating the Cosmic Silverback), which is the second most fun single round of any zombies that I have ever played (behind round 80 on DoA).

I've still gotta do 50+ solo on Nacht on Black Ops, I did 66 on W@W but that was way easier than the Black Ops version. The same strategy still works but it's just a lot easier to not get hit on the W@W version.

I'm obviously never gonna beat my Shi No W@W record on Black Ops, but I've done 57 on BO so that's done.

Thinking of putting together an ebook with my solo guides on all of the Black Ops maps sometime soon.

The Book of Superhands: Your 1-man-army guide to round 50 and beyond. :lol:

Personally I've never counted DOA, it's definately a fun and challenging game but for me it's not a zombies map, it's just a completely different game.

Chopper, What do you think about a race to 50 on all maps solo as one of the "Reapers potential tournament" I am interested in this as well.

You can include a few more members like myself and zach to get to 50 starting next week or so...

In order to confirm that is a new attempt (and not done previously) you need to start the round by doing a something unique like for example,start your 1st and 5th round by throwing grenades in the air..

What do you think?

Great idea Way, I'm sure there would be interest in this.

How about on the game they get to 50 at the start of round 50 they have to turn the music on, throw 4 grenades etc? For those without a PVR I suggest pausing on round 50 and then taking a picture with a newspaper or something showing the date.

What do you think?

Great idea Way, I'm sure there would be interest in this.

How about on the game they get to 50 at the start of round 50 they have to turn the music on, throw 4 grenades etc? For those without a PVR I suggest pausing on round 50 and then taking a picture with a newspaper or something showing the date.

Brilliant, any dated proof basically, just brilliant.

Respect to the man that manages to do that ;)

However, my two cents:

At what round should I start doing some kind of loop?

I usually go with Bowie till 9, and in 10 and 11 and 12 and so on, I shoot few times with the thompson and then knife. I do that in an area where I easily can go into a loop, which i do asap when there are coming too many at once. So basically its actually Round 10 already, but in a limited sense.

Is the power/stg area the best place to hoard before looping for the trap?

Yes. The most awesome are power, stg and thompson.

Any tips for 50 on this map solo?

Once out of Wunder ammo, what I would do is: gather zombs up at power, run em thru trap, go over to thompson, loop em up, run em thru trap, go to power and repeat.

50+ on Nacht would be a world record. There's a reason the world record is 51. Verruckt's world record used to be 51 as well, but Draculatern turned that into 115. So Nacht is the only challenge. It's hard, guys. 20ish is manageable, but anything further requires some concentration, the best kind of concentration there is.

50+ on Nacht would be a world record. There's a reason the world record is 51. Verruckt's world record used to be 51 as well, but Draculatern turned that into 115. So Nacht is the only challenge. It's hard, guys. 20ish is manageable, but anything further requires some concentration, the best kind of concentration there is.

Is that solo or co-op mate?