2x Ray Gun

Tom852

Hi.

Yesterday my teammate had already a ray gun. I hadn't one and was at the box, bit hacking. So I hacked a Ray Gun finally and wanted him to get it, so that he gets two Ray's. I thought this works, but when he picked it up the Power Up Ray disappeared and he didnt get a second Ray, he just kept his guns.

Was that not supposed to work? Just as you can get two identical guns also from QED drops? Did we do something wrong? Must the first Ray be papped already?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to go off topic, But is this true for all weapons?

Yes, you can do it with any two guns as long as one's upgraded and one's not like Chopper said.

Example: you could have an RPK and a R115 Resonator. The only weapon you can't do this with is the Wave Gun as there's only 1 per box.

Can I have two ray guns in solo?

No, it is only possible by having someone else hack you a Ray Gun out of the box. It works like this: One person has an Upgraded Ray Gun. The other person who hits and hacks the box cannot have any Ray Gun (regular or Porter X2). He must hit the box once, hack the first weapon, and then hope a Ray Gun comes up on the second pull. He then hacks the Ray Gun, and the other guy picks it up, giving him the Ray Gun (along with his Porter X2.)

If the guy with the Ray Gun and Porter X2 tries to upgrade the Ray Gun, the computer will register you have two of the same gun, and take one away and just fill up your ammo for the X2 you already have.

You might be able to do it on Solo by having a Porter X2, throwing a QED, and picking up a Ray Gun drop. But I'm not sure if it's possible. I don't know if the computer registers what guns you have before the QED gives you a drop.

You might be able to do it on Solo by having a Porter X2, throwing a QED, and picking up a Ray Gun drop. But I'm not sure if it's possible. I don't know if the computer registers what guns you have before the QED gives you a drop.

That's what I was wondering....

or vise versa, if you have a Ray Gun, and then pull a Porter's X2 from the QED.

Maybe the game registers if you have the ray gun in a solo game and deletes it from the list of possible drops, but keeps the possibility open in MP because your team mates should have the ability to still get it.

IDK, just pondering here.

That's what I was wondering....

or vise versa, if you have a Ray Gun, and then pull a Porter's X2 from the QED.

Maybe the game registers if you have the ray gun in a solo game and deletes it from the list of possible drops, but keeps the possibility open in MP because your team mates should have the ability to still get it.

IDK, just pondering here.

I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibilty. Perhaps someone knows if the computer registers what weapons you have before spawning a weapon drop?

It'd be worth investigating, but would probably be extremely hard to recreate as the QEDs are so unpredictable.