How to deal with the monkeys with a shotgun only challenge

TheSickTrickZ

I want to try a shotgun only challenge at Ascension, but I don't know how to deal with the monkeys effective.

I know that I should never open the upper door in the starting room, so I can protect quickrevive way easier.

I know that I can use claymores ONLY on stairs.

So I can put most of the claymores at mule kick/speed cola, and a few from upstairs the powerroom.

I don't expect to get high, but it is just for fun.

How can I kill monkeys with shotguns? Are they effective?

And are claymores always 1 hit kill?

I'm mainly talking about rounds 20+, the first 3 or 4 monkey rounds shouldn't be that hard.

Please help me guys!

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you open both starting doors but leave the UPPER door to jug closed, one person can protect both jug and quick revive. As far as shotguns go I'd say you need an upgraded one after the 2nd or 3rd monkey round. Not too sure about the claymores. But leaving the UPPER door closed is the best way to protect 2 perks at once. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I do it solo.

This is the most strange thing I ever saw at zombies.

I'm at round 17 now.

I left the upper door closed. And within 10 seconds of the monkey round, my QR is under attack. How?

No idea, I stayed inside, defending the doorway and the stairs from the power, where they can get from.

On some way they get inside the starting room, but not via the jugger room since all my claymores where still there. Is this a glitch or something?

Another thing, I put around 4-5 claymores on the staircases to speed cola, 3 monkeys passed by, destroyed the claymores and survived that. That was the 2nd I believe, round 14.

How is that possible?

Both these things doesn't really make me feel going on with my challenge, since there is going to be a time when I lose quickrevive, and maybe mule kick to.

Does anybody else has these 'glitches'?

EDIT:

Round 19, third monkey round.

Suddenly they didn't attacked QR, killed a few (2 or 3) with my claymores. And for some reason they passed by mule kick and attacked speed cola instead, lost it, but that is no big deal.

Yeah that is the only way it works.

But I still don't understand how the monkeys got to QR the first 2 times :S

I lost at round 30 :(

Died at 29, I was stuck where I always get stuck, left of the staircase, right of the mysterybox. Always there.

Quickyl threw my gersches, had instakill stupid me forgot it and killed the last zombie with a grenade.

Ran for my life to jugger, threw my last gersch(which didn't matter a shit) ran out, and then I walked backwards and strumbled across a zombie in my back, and I quickly died.

I went so awesome :(

I had PAP-ed HS-10, Spas-12 and Stakeout :(

2-3 shots kill :(

I lost my Paped hs-10 when I downed.

I could have gotten much further.

But I died 2 times at the staircase.

Anybody can help me with that?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a tip; so many people tell you to keep the upper door of the starting room closed. But contrary to this, it's much easier to open both doors of the starting room, but keep the door just above Jugg closed. Then sit by Quick revive, the only way to Juggernog is through the lower door next to Quick Revive and you'll be able to guard that door as you guard QR. Much easier ;)

Also, on a shotguns only challenge, for dealing with the monkeys there is only one gun for the job: Spaz-24. Powerful shots, wide spread, , 24 shots in the chamber and reloads really fast, and of course it's auto-fire so you can hold the trigger down until the monkey is dead :)

Just a tip; so many people tell you to keep the upper door of the starting room closed. But contrary to this, it's much easier to open both doors of the starting room, but keep the door just above Jugg closed. Then sit by Quick revive, the only way to Juggernog is through the lower door next to Quick Revive and you'll be able to guard that door as you guard QR. Much easier ;)

Also, on a shotguns only challenge, for dealing with the monkeys there is only one gun for the job: Spaz-24. Powerful shots, wide spread, , 24 shots in the chamber and reloads really fast, and of course it's auto-fire so you can hold the trigger down until the monkey is dead :)

That is exactly what I do, but thanks for the tip mate!