The Big Bang Theory misleading guides....

Tom852

Hey there!

Well you know, for PC and PS3 moon is just new. And if you google or youtube-search for guides, you basically will end up with the COD Wiki or this video here

n-5gOOLcRME

Although the COD Wiki Article is by far one of the best that i've seen on there (i mean, seriously, .... cod wiki ....), I have a problem with both of these guides: Both most popular guides state this step1 to 12 or what it is scheme. But Why? As it says in the wiki on the LAST line in "trivia":

Steps 6 through 9 can be done at anytime after the power is turned on, but step 10 won't occur until after steps 1 through 5 have been achieved. This means that after step 5 is completed, you can use the 90-second Death Machines effectively towards filling up the tubes in step 10.

So just tell me, since to fill up those four tubes in round, idk 12, 13, 15, 17 is probably the most tricky part (besides getting the freaky excavator on right place), why is everybody told actually "Waste the death machine and do it with your whatever guns"? Understand me, nobody reads the last line on that wiki page first... I would not say anything if the article would state that in one of the first few lines.

In my opinion, the death machine reward is definately made to help filling those four tubes. I mean look at it, you get the Vril generator, afterwards you fill the first tube. Hit Switch, and instantly you get the death machine and the four tubes come up. It is also in my opinion a little give-back of the developpers for the Ascension easter egg, where nobody could make use of the death machine, since you had anyway only a crawler there. As well, everybody thought the DM is for a next step of the easter egg.

And here, you exactly got this! Filling up the first tube, you are mid round, you can make perfect use of the DM to go on with easter egg. Isnt that obvious?

Sorry but I'm just upset, I think those two mentioned guides messed the order of steps totally up. Most sense including gameplay thoughts makes just:

a) get digger pi active

B) get Vril and get egg into pyramid, whatever step comes in handy

c) fill up first tube

d) fill up as much as possible the 4 tubes with death machine

e) do the rest of it

I'm just little bit upset, that many people on PC/PS3 do the easter egg now not as effective as you could and obviously as it was thought by the developpers cause of those most popular guides. Sry needed to say that.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya In All honesty they should just make the guide like this;

1. Turn the power on.*I Like to do this preferrably before round 1 is over, seems to get things going faster*

2. Play Samantha Says. *Can also do this round 1*

3. Hack The Button and then 4 terminals. *Can do this as early as round 2*

4. Whilst your waiting on Pi to breach and or Wave Gun Continue on to go to no mans land and drop a nade on the right side to make plates release, then (providing you have a gersh at this point) throw one over there. Get back on Teleporter. *This could take up to 10 rounds 5 at the least, to get Gersch, Wave and QEDs*

5. When your back have someone that has QEDs (Or get some in the meantime of waiting every other round) and move the plates to the computer. Go get the Lead wire that spawns randomly in the labs mostly and rarely outside where the teleporter to Area 51 is and in spawn room with Quick Revive. The Lead wire can be against a wall, in a shelf where hacker spawns or on some barrels. *You might pick up the pipe at any point when labs get open so if you see it, grab it!*

6. With Lead wire in hand, and providing Richtofen is near and ready have him insert his Rod Device and the pipe and mash on the computer. When done retrieve Vril Generator. *This step takes about around 3 minutes I think, So just be patient whoever is keeping crawlers*

7. After Pi breaches get the egg to the pyramid by knifing it and opening doors for it. At one point youll need explosives to blow it outta the ceiling railings. Once it's there you will then need to kill 25 zombies near the soul device, when your done flip the switch. After this since you have done the computer step four tubes should raise with your new Death Machines and the round should just be getting underway... *Get Ready*

8. Kill zombies as close to the pyramid front and back as possible, I reccommend one person on each back wall until those get filled up then move up. by the end of your DM (providing it's at least round 10+ you should be just about done or done already lol. *Make sure they are within a small jump away from tube when killed, I personally would save any gerches for the four tubes just in the offchance it looks iffy*

9. Richtofen will place the Vril Device in slot at pyramid After the four tubes are filled and the souls drain into his device I believe then he retrieves the New Vril device and gets all 8 perks for the remainder of the game, at this point you want to just toss a QED to move the egg to the Sam Says computers since your'e done here now. Head on over to where you played Samantha Says and chunck a Gersch Device at it near the computer to get that outta the way. *Stay patient while your friend does the game 3 times now lol*

10. Finally go ahead and play 3 games of Samantha Says and that's the end of the Easter Egg lol. *Grats! Now go for high rounds :)*

1. Turn the power on.*I Like to do this preferrably before round 1 is over, seems to get things going faster*

4. Whilst your waiting on Pi to breach and or Wave Gun Continue on to go to no mans land and drop a nade on the right side to make plates release, then (providing you have a gersh at this point) throw one over there. Get back on Teleporter. *This could take up to 10 rounds 5 at the least, to get Gersch, Wave and QEDs*

5. When your back have someone that has QEDs (Or get some in the meantime of waiting every other round) and move the plates to the computer. Go get the Lead wire that spawns randomly in the labs mostly and rarely outside where the teleporter to Area 51 is and in spawn room with Quick Revive. The Lead wire can be against a wall, in a shelf where hacker spawns or on some barrels. *You might pick up the pipe at any point when labs get open so if you see it, grab it!*

6. With Lead wire in hand, and providing Richtofen is near and ready have him insert his Rod Device and the pipe and mash on the computer. When done retrieve Vril Generator. *This step takes about around 3 minutes I think, So just be patient whoever is keeping crawlers*

7. After Pi breaches get the egg to the pyramid by knifing it and opening doors for it. At one point youll need explosives to blow it outta the ceiling railings. Once it's there you will then need to kill 25 zombies near the soul device, when your done flip the switch. After this since you have done the computer step four tubes should raise with your new Death Machines and the round should just be getting underway... *Get Ready*

8. Kill zombies as close to the pyramid front and back as possible, I reccommend one person on each back wall until those get filled up then move up. by the end of your DM (providing it's at least round 10+ you should be just about done or done already lol. *Make sure they are within a small jump away from tube when killed, I personally would save any gerches for the four tubes just in the offchance it looks iffy*

9. Richtofen will place the Vril Device in slot at pyramid After the four tubes are filled and the souls drain into his device I believe then he retrieves the New Vril device and gets all 8 perks for the remainder of the game, at this point you want to just toss a QED to move the egg to the Sam Says computers since your'e done here now. Head on over to where you played Samantha Says and chunck a Gersch Device at it near the computer to get that outta the way. *Stay patient while your friend does the game 3 times now lol*

10. Finally go ahead and play 3 games of Samantha Says and that's the end of the Easter Egg lol. *Grats! Now go for high rounds :)*

Sounds easy typed this way. But let me ask you something, how the heck do you manage to tutrn the power before the end of round 1 :?: The earliest me and my friends can turn the power on is 3 ( 3 player game ). Before the end of round 1??? Also can hack the button and terminals as early as Round 2?

Dang, if only my friends and I were this good. Yes we did the egg and all but man, Power during round 1, Samantha says during round 1, hack button and terminals in round 2...Would love a way to do this....

Well you might have to kill 2 or 3 zoms each, 6 bullets and a knife for max points, but between the two of you there will be enough to open to power room (Don't know about 3 or 4 people, but I suppose it should be easier as there will be an extra 500-1k points there to use, and a few more zombies so ya should be definitely doable), and if your lucky you can get labs open and do step two even on round 1, on solo its extremely easy as you can get up to 5k maybe more if your good with Mustang and sally obviously lol.

On Solo mode if you can get a 2x multiplyer and like a nuke at the end with any luck and leave a guy at the end of round 2 you can have the mule kick, bio dome, and if you are really bored spend some time hacking every door on one of the tunnels you didn't open lol, but I don't recommend that as it's really not a point lol I just like having AK by round 2 at the latest and hitting up Area 51 at round 3 at the latest as to get all four perks you want and for me mustang and sally by round 6 or 7, I find MS very useful as I always use it when going through airlock doors lol. In higher rounds though it's hard to kill the astronaut when he grabs you with them, but earlier round if he grabs you, then you will have enough time to blow him up before he takes your perk if you are quick.

The only problem is the last part, you are meant to do the Samantha Says 3 times for the rockets to pop up, then Maxis tells you he needs the "ancient artifact" after, to launch them or something. (Bringing the egg is meant to be the last step, Samantha says should be done before that, even though no one usually does it in that order, it does work either way)

Definatel a good tip. Saving the DM's until you actually need them with the other viles. Most people are just unaware that you can do this.

I will say though I've never had any problems with that step anyways. As long as you're doing it before 20 it's not really a pain. As long as one person has Ray Gun and the other has Wave Gun, it's not too bad. I've done it many times with 2 players or 3 sometimes. Just make sure you have decent weapons and you'll be fine. The only thing you really nees to look out for is the Astro zombie spawning behind you.

Like you said though, the DMs just make it that much easier.

^That video there with 1,100,000 views? Mine.

The other video with 500k views? Mine

The reason the guide is "bad" is because it was made literally HOURS after the map came out, my team was the first in the world to complete the easter egg, and this may be why the video gudie is "bad". We were at the time the only ones to have completed it, so we forgot some pieces and things along those lines.

LiamFTWinter and testify to this

on another note, you can do these in any order. you can do the plates step first, the black orb, whatever order. Once again, we were the first to do it so we had no idea.

^That video there with 1,100,000 views? Mine.

The other video with 500k views? Mine

The reason the guide is "bad" is because it was made literally HOURS after the map came out, my team was the first in the world to complete the easter egg, and this may be why the video gudie is "bad". We were at the time the only ones to have completed it, so we forgot some pieces and things along those lines.

LiamFTWinter and testify to this

on another note, you can do these in any order. you can do the plates step first, the black orb, whatever order. Once again, we were the first to do it so we had no idea.

Well your video is not bad at all, i mean, i used it to lead a team and we got pretty much without problems through the egg. And of course I understand, that you dont have a clue how its done best just - what was it - 6 hours after map release...

I have nothing against your video, and the like/dislike ratio talks for itself. But what I actually totally dislike is, that everybody just sticks now to that order, although we meanwhile know, that it wouldnt be a bad idea to use the death machines for filling up the tubes.

Just make sure you have decent weapons and you'll be fine.

Yeah, agree on that. In Round

the DMs just make it that much easier.

It is a case of what works best for you I guess.

As I state in all of my guides, if you have a better way to do it, do it! Like all my guides and in this case Nicks guide, we get told a lot of different ways to doing something after uploading, but our guide is just a fail proof guide, it may take a little bit more work, but it is pretty much guaranteed to work, while other methods may work better/faster, they may be not as fail proof.