Patch?

thylacine

I love moon. probably my favorite map. you know what I don't like? Glitchy gameplay. Moon man glitches often (I've seen him dance and chase people backwards almost daily), throw a deathspot above the pyramid so everyone stops doing that. I usually play with randoms and I don't understand why everyone does it. I will admit last night I died (I'll get back to that) and respawned down there round 27 so I decided to avoid dying out all over again so I dove on top of it for a bit to hold the packs until I could run back outside. So I have used it briefly. but not round 5 up like most the children who play this game.

But the worst of all, and this shit has happened to me in SL and once in DR, zombies landing on top of you locks you up. Der Riese I am buying a speed cola, then as I run off a zombie lands on me from the catwalk, i can't see him cuz he's slapping me from a different level above me and am stuck there so unless I happen to realize this instantly (im starting to) and look above me and shoot him then I die. SL the geyser tossed them on me once or twice, didn't care cuz who cares about SL?

but moon takes the cake on zombies falling on me. Last night round 26 I kill a crawler in the first door of double tap. round ends, round changes, im under the bowie knife, run up the stairs, crawler jumps out of the airduct and lands on me. I COULDNT DO A THING. I realize its above me, look up to kill, teleports behind me as the door opens and two zombie block me from going forward and the crawler behind me I obviously can't go anywhere.

I don't mind that 2 rooms of the entire map are practically unlivable due to bs teleporting zombies, but hell, make the zombie die if it lands on top of me. Something. Not that treyarch would do something based on a forum post but Ive seen it happen to others as well, which looks hilarious but I know it sucks. its like a zombie standing on your shoulders slapping the air above you, yet you go down.

oh and a sidenote, how many of you play custom maps? Cuz moon took quite a bit from custom maps. There was a moon map that was super tiny, but low gravity (set to 80, little heavier than official moon i believe) also it lacked a round counter. And another small town map (looked kinda like the olde west a bit) had a bit where if you hit the nuke it made microwave pinging noises for every zombie it killed almost exactly like the wave gun.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the moon man glitches get fixed. I don't know how that one didn't get fleshed out in the beta testing of the map. Really lame that throwing one gersch device can mess up the whole rest of your game.

The pyramid glitch is BS too. I don't play much MP, so it doesn't affect me. But yet, it's things like this that are the reason I don't play much MP zombies either.

Oh and the audio glitches are lame, yet have seemed to come up in some form on every map. The audio glitch on this one map is if you are hacking an object and get interupted by an attacking zombie, the hacking sounds keep looping until you hack something else. Not game breaking by any means... just annoying

Moon was brought up cause of story elements, of course. So I pretty much saw this coming since Der Riese.

i'm speaking gameplay elements, not story. While low gravity is standard on any moon reincarnation the lack of round counters and the dinging noise for every zombie killed are things used in custom maps that were then used in official maps.

the moon map also dropped off weapons similar to the weapon drop offs in moon, however they were modern warfare weapons.

though its not like any of these things are too incredibly out there given the tools. Just saying good ideas from fan maps crossed over into a real map, inorganically or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_e4K4ZaHt4

Really? You say that's SUPPOSED to happen? Treyarch may do some poor things but I doubt they'd program the astronaut to move with that speed, facing the wrong direction.

I personally haven't had him chase me yet, I've only had teammates run out to my spot with him following like that.

I hope the moon man glitches get fixed. I don't know how that one didn't get fleshed out in the beta testing of the map. Really lame that throwing one gersch device can mess up the whole rest of your game.

The pyramid glitch is BS too. I don't play much MP, so it doesn't affect me. But yet, it's things like this that are the reason I don't play much MP zombies either.

Oh and the audio glitches are lame, yet have seemed to come up in some form on every map. The audio glitch on this one map is if you are hacking an object and get interupted by an attacking zombie, the hacking sounds keep looping until you hack something else. Not game breaking by any means... just annoying

Also in area 51 the audio flushes out like in zero gravity.

Why do people think that the cosmonaut glitches when you throw a gersh? Its part of the gameplay so you know not to throw one when he's around DURR

If the developers wanted to punish us for throwing a gersch around an astro man, they'd make him hulk up and charge at us like George A. Romero. If they wanted to keep it silly, they'd at least smooth out the moon walking animation so it looks like an actual dance move.

The fact that it's the exact same animation as when he's being sucked into the blackhole makes it obvious that this is a glitch.