How to slow down a fast crawler

We noticed last night that if you have a fast crawler follow you down the ice slide it'll sometimes make him slow down. And it can work in the opposite, it seems that the slide changes what kind of crawler it is. Can end up a different type of slow, or can be fast.

Not really a big deal, but can come in handy sometimes if all you have left is a fast one. And if it doesn't slow him down the first time, try again. Never had to do it more than twice.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be putting this to use soon my friend! Thanks for the info. I'd brains you but I'm waiting on a reload.

Nothing more frustrating than barely making it to the last zombies of the round,just too see the last one turn into some crackhead crawler that stalks you every where you go, itching for his next hit.

Does it not drown/die like all the crawlers I bring into the water?

No, it does not. I actually did this a couple times yesterday and it worked every time. Turned a fast crawler into the slowest possible crawler every time. It was pretty convenient haha

Yup, nice find. I tried this out yesterday and it works.

Like the OP said, it won't make them slower everytime, it just changes their type, but it didn't seem to take me many tries to get a super slow one.

I can see some situations where this trick could be handy, like if you want to spend some time killing George at the end of a round and you don't want a speedy crawler getting in the way.

Yup, nice find. I tried this out yesterday and it works.

Like the OP said, it won't make them slower everytime, it just changes their type, but it didn't seem to take me many tries to get a super slow one.

I can see some situations where this trick could be handy, like if you want to spend some time killing George at the end of a round and you don't want a speedy crawler getting in the way.

That's exactly how we found this trick. Were killing George with the sickle and flopper (easiest way to kill George btw) and decided to lead a fast crawler down the ice slide. Was pretty pumped to see that he slowed down.

Another tip to this, wait for the crawler at the bottom of the slide. If you run to where you get out of the water, the crawler will continue to "slide" through the water. If you wait at the end of the slide, he'll have to crawl all the way through the water. This buys you more time to kill George.

I've noticed this as well.

Also, if you're in a big need of a crawler and have only one zombie left that's been severely damaged (meaning if you attempt to make it a crawler it will die) you can take it to the flinger.. it'll get tossed and since the flinger doesn't kill the zombies said damaged zombie will come back all fresh and new. This has worked for me every time I've done it. Just make sure you keep an eye out, you never know where that zombie will spawn.

Also, if you're in a big need of a crawler and have only one zombie left that's been severely damaged (meaning if you attempt to make it a crawler it will die) you can take it to the flinger.. it'll get tossed and since the flinger doesn't kill the zombies said damaged zombie will come back all fresh and new. This has worked for me every time I've done it. Just make sure you keep an eye out, you never know where that zombie will spawn.

Yep, that's a good find.

[brains] for ya, I didn't even think about this!

[brains] for ya, I didn't even think about this!

How kind! :D

Figured I'd share that little tid bit, seemed appropriate for the topic at hand!