What happened to the Wunderwaffe

Ok so we all know that if you complete the easter egg in CoTD in solo or co-op you will get a wunderwaffe. So my theory is that the crew (dempsey, richtofen, nikolai and takeo) timetraveled to CoTD before Kino der toten and left the wunderwaffe there. That is why we don't get to use the wunderwaffe in Kino. But I still don't know how did they got to ascension.

kthxbai

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I think...

From the SNN easter egg: The DG-2 ripped space time continuum in order to shoot the gang through time into Kino. I think the Wunederwaffe got stuck into the Aether until they teleported out of CotD, which gave the DG-2 that little boost to portal out of the Aether and popped into CotD.

What do you think?

IMO like said in the SNN easter egg radio, when the crew teleported out of Der Riese to Kino, the DG-2 overloaded the teleporter. This caused the space-Time continuum to rip, thus leading the characters in the 60's in Kino, and the wunderwaffe in 2011 in COTD.

Besides, the wunderwaffe could also be responsible for the arrival of the crew at COTD. Since it has rippen the space-time continuum, the Gersch device transported them to 2011. And by being found in COTD, it could mean that the continuum once again "normal".

IMO like said in the SNN easter egg radio, when the crew teleported out of Der Riese to Kino, the DG-2 overloaded the teleporter. This caused the space-Time continuum to rip, thus leading the characters in the 60's in Kino, and the wunderwaffe in 2011 in COTD.

Besides, the wunderwaffe could also be responsible for the arrival of the crew at COTD. Since it has rippen the space-time continuum, the Gersch device transported them to 2011. And by being found in COTD, it could mean that the continuum once again "normal".

Nah, the Wunderwaffe is responsible for getting them to Kino. It's 115 boosted the teleporter's power, ripping space-time into Kino. Wunderwaffe only comes to CotD after they teleport to Paradise. And also, the Gersh teleports to random locations, and Richtofen came to CotD on purpose.

I was always under the impression that the DG-2 was destroyed when it overloaded the teleporter and that's the reason we help Richtofen to construct a new one. (or so I thought)

The wunderwaffe was never destroyed...although Richtofen maybe constructing something, but not a new DG-2.

Well after that malfunction with the teleporter we don't see the DG-2 again until Call of the dead. The "golden rod" or Vrill generator you retrieve for Richtofen bears a striking resemblance to parts of the DG-2. Then after giving him this device (that he doesn't want the others to know you're acquiring for him) you're given a Wunderwaffe. I would assume because that was the final part he needed to complete it.

Richtofen probably brought the team there because he knew there was something on that ship that he needed. He probably just didn't know they'd wind up locked in a sealed room. He knows about the security system, he's obviously familiar with the facility and wanted to reconstruct his most successful creation. For what purposes we don't know but will probably find out in the next map pack.

Seems logical to me that he was constructing a new one.

Well after that malfunction with the teleporter we don't see the DG-2 again until Call of the dead. The "golden rod" or Vrill generator you retrieve for Richtofen bears a striking resemblance to parts of the DG-2. Then after giving him this device (that he doesn't want the others to know you're acquiring for him) you're given a Wunderwaffe. I would assume because that was the final part he needed to complete it.

Richtofen probably brought the team there because he knew there was something on that ship that he needed. He probably just didn't know they'd wind up locked in a sealed room. He knows about the security system, he's obviously familiar with the facility.

Seems logical to me that he was constructing a new one.

COTD was a facility for Richtofen, which is proven by all the radios at the place. Besides Fu453, Dempsey says "stupid Gersch" while being locked inside the door, which would mean it was in fact a Gersch Device which caused their arrival at COTD. It could be because of the Kassimir Mechanism.

And the DG-2 overloaded the teleporter like you said, but not because of the 115 (since the teleporter uses 115 itself, the PaP and the raygun too). Or maybe there is just too much 115 in the DG-2...

Finally, it could seem logical that teleporting created a breach in the Aether for the DG-2, but why doesn't Sam use it to escape ? That's why I think it would still have appeared in 2011 in COTD, even if the crew hadn't teleported. It would be a pure coincidence that it appeared after teleporting (or for gameplay purpose only).

I'm pretty sure the Gersch reference from Dempsey was just there because people were so pissed about the lack of a decent reward for that Easter egg. He says something along the lines of "This had better be better than last time... Stupid Gersch." Implying it's just about the easter egg.

I don't think the gersch device brought them to CotD, there's a teleporter in that room. We'd hear a gersch going off if that was the case.

My theory is that Treyarch has completely given up on the Zombie storyline. They think gameplay is more important than the story behind it. They thought "Everyone wants a Wunderwaffe, so lets give it to them!" But it got destroyed in Der Reise. It couldn't be in Call of the Dead if it had anything to do with the storyline. Treyarch probably knows that people will make up a backstory that if just barely related to all the work that the put into the WaW plot. So whatever anyone says could be right, but none of it will be what Treyarch intended. Because not even they know how it would get there if a storyline existed in Black Ops.

This probably sounds like flamebate, but it isn't intended to be. It's just my opinion on they way they plot works in Black Ops.

Well I know for a fact that in Ascension if you use the Gersch device with Richtofen he has some stuff to say. For example at one point he mentions how he wishes they perfected it so you can actually know where your going... We know at this point that Richtofen is pretty good at fixing stuff and building stuff. Perhaps he somehow tweaked the Gersch to teleport to the CotD facility but he did not expect time travel to occur. Whether the Kassimir affected it I do not know.

My theory is that Treyarch has completely given up on the Zombie storyline. They think gameplay is more important than the story behind it. They thought "Everyone wants a Wunderwaffe, so lets give it to them!" But it got destroyed in Der Reise. It couldn't be in Call of the Dead if it had anything to do with the storyline. Treyarch probably knows that people will make up a backstory that if just barely related to all the work that the put into the WaW plot. So whatever anyone says could be right, but none of it will be what Treyarch intended. Because not even they know how it would get there if a storyline existed in Black Ops.

This probably sounds like flamebate, but it isn't intended to be. It's just my opinion on they way they plot works in Black Ops.

I agree with this. The story in zombies may exist, but it is pretty loose.

yeah... they are stealing all our ideas because we are smarter than them. once you become a big video game company i hear you lose the ability to imagine and be creative.

yeah... they are stealing all our ideas because we are smarter than them. once you become a big video game company i hear you lose the ability to imagine and be creative.

What he means is he thinks that 3arch is putting gameplay and user demand as a higher priority than getting a solid story.

Honestly, I see your point, but at the same time I wonder why they would go to all the trouble to put the old characters in anyway, just to give you a Wunderwaffe. Why not just put the gun in without the characters if it was for gameplay purposes? I wish 3arc would make the story more concrete tho, most of the whole zombies storyline is based in speculation. I want some answers 3arc! A dog only goes so long without food before it bites the hand that feeds it.

First, to answer the other Question about how they Got from Kino to Ascension. Easy, the Lunar Lander. Remember? your on the thing when it lands when the game first starts.

Yes, the Heroes did got to Ascension then Teleported to Call of the Dead.

They needed the Wunderwaffe to use to overload the Teleporter in order to go through time. Maybe not only did the Teleporter Overload, maybe it caused the weapon to do so as well. Maybe it was broken and Richtofen needed to fix it. He is the one who made it after all.

Anyone has there own theories on the matter. But here is something that just might blow your mind.

Since they were at Ascension before they Teleported to COTD.......Where was the Teleporter?

Theory: Maybe Richtofen fixes up the Gersch device so it doesn't random teleport anymore and they use the Wunderwaffe to overload it (like in Der Riese) so they can travel into the future again. This is the only thing I can think of, but IF this theory were correct, the next question is where do the get a Wunderwaffe?

Maybe there is more to Ascensions easter egg, I don't really see how though because no one has found anything else since the Death Machines. If there were another part to the easter egg, and you were to get the Wunderwaffe it would tie Ascension to CotD, and make 3arcs Ascension poster make alot more sense.

i'm noticing that everyone assumes that the crew is who gave us the wunderwaffe.

but it's been common knowledge i thought that SAMANTHA is the one giving us all the pickups, max ammo, nukes, etc. since it's her voice that says it and the characters even comment on why she would help them out. on top of that, most theories point to samantha becoming lost in "aether" from the teleport incident with fluffy n' all that, which is exactly where the dg-2 was said to have become stuck after overloading der reise teleport thus sending them forward in time.

what im getting at is that i think maybe samantha is the one that is rewarding you, and possibly the one trying to aid richtofen in this plan of his.. maybe she's the voice hes always going on about?

deliberate, peace