Guys, Im confused

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you need a silencer in zombies? :?:

So your gun doesn't attract any more zombies :roll: .

Zombies can sense you like a motion sensor thats always active, they attack the closest player.

Maybe with a silencer it's harder/takes longer for the zombies to find you.

Perhaps the silencer may have something to do with George Romero ??

Maybe he works under some sort of sound radar ??

Not quite sure I follow the avalanche theory, can you imagine the level design and power that would go into making something like that work.

Unless of course, there's sleeping Zombies, like the witches in L4D, then these would be very handy.....

I wouldnt say zombies go for whoever is closer. I see alot zombies disregard a player to go towards certain other players. Evidence in the crawlers, when you leave a crawler after the round to do what ever you have to do even if your right next to it, it will ignore you and go for someone else.

You could say that...

since you are in a snowy location, You do not want loud, sudden gunshot sounds to cause avalanches in your vicinity, crushing you under vast amounts of snow and ice :3

Good reason? ;D

Sounds umm....painfull?

I think this is a good reason. Less recoil would also be possible.

The only reason I don't trust this option is because the players would see the silencer as a necessity (spell check) and would need to do it. Treyarch doesn't like having that because they don't want the players feeling like they HAVE to buy something.

Perhaps the silencer may have something to do with George Romero ??

Maybe he works under some sort of sound radar ??

I definitely agree with you. Since George Romero is there from round 1 and pretty much follows you around the whole time, the silencers might prevent you from coming under his radar. It wouldn't make sense for the silencers to work on zombies because the zombies automatically know where you are, and are drawn to you

Maybe Romero knows where you are based on the gunfire you make when you kill the zombies.

Silencers = less likely for Romero to catch up to you or find you.

My guess is that Romero is a separate AI from the zombies and acts on its own. This can differentiate the effect of the silencer between the zombies and Romero