Accessing the 5th Lander Location ( Modding Discussion )

baltostar

From my understanding, the COD games have a map file with encrypted entities such as vehicles. These vehicles have triggered events that make them follow a predetermined path. I believe the lander is set up the same way. The issue is that these entities are encrypted and are not visible as the event scripts are.

According to the viewable script for letter pick ups for Ascension, we are using lander 1, 3, 4, and 5. Lander 2 looks to be removed from the script because of some design change. This means that the trigger to call the lander to station 2 wasn't put in as an entity that you can click on. From a software engineering stand point, it is perfectly reasonable that the code to make the lander to follow a path to station 2 still exists in the lander entity.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to activate a vehicle trigger to get it to follow its predetermined path? If anyone knows how to do this, then there will be a good chance we can fly on the lander to station 2. After all, why remove the rout to station two if it could be later brought back in design.

level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "s";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "r";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "e";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "y";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "a";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "i";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "m";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "h";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "u";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "t";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "n";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "l";

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for bringing this topic back up...

Mods can merge the topic I posted here if they feel its the right thing to do.

Also my thread isn't a theory... I based it on deductive reasoning from the facts presented in Ascension.

Plus I believe for Ascension to work as intended then there should be a sixth lander stations not just the five in the code...

The team must have boarded the lander at a sixth implied station which ferried workers to and from the Ascension base.

Regards Alpha.

Also my thread isn't a theory... I based it on deductive reasoning from the facts presented in Ascension.

Plus I believe for Ascension to work as intended then there should be sixth lander stations not just the five in the code...

The team must have boarded the lander at a sixth implied station which ferried workers to and from the Ascension base.

Regards Alpha.

The sixth lander is a given, much like how there had to be more teleporters for the team to get into Der Riese.

I didn't mean to imply that your thread was a worthless theory. Sorry about that. I was referring to those people that insist the node puzzle easter egg will continue via some outlandish action, such as shooting certain parts of the map. That easter egg is clearly finished, and while this isn't an actual easter egg, it is far more interesting and plausible.

It doesn't mean that there aren't other easter eggs on Acension, though. Now that the PC version of the map is out, we really need some one to post all of the games textures for us to comb through. There's a noclipper on the Five board that has brought up a lot of good information that connects Kino and Five (several shared diagrams, the same desk, etc.)

From my understanding, the COD games have a map file with encrypted entities such as vehicles. These vehicles have triggered events that make them follow a predetermined path. I believe the lander is set up the same way. The issue is that these entities are encrypted and are not visible as the event scripts are.

According to the viewable script for letter pick ups for Ascension, we are using lander 1, 3, 4, and 5. Lander 2 looks to be removed from the script because of some design change. This means that the trigger to call the lander to station 2 wasn't put in as an entity that you can click on. From a software engineering stand point, it is perfectly reasonable that the code to make the lander to follow a path to station 2 still exists in the lander entity.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to activate a vehicle trigger to get it to follow its predetermined path? If anyone knows how to do this, then there will be a good chance we can fly on the lander to station 2. After all, why remove the rout to station two if it could be later brought back in design.

level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "s";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "r";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station1" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "e";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "y";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "a";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station3" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "i";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "m";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "h";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station4" ][ "lander_station5" ] = "u";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station1" ] = "t";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station3" ] = "n";
level.lander_key[ "lander_station5" ][ "lander_station4" ] = "l";

from a program point could you program a game to give you the map as it should be but if you happen to activate something special could more map be loaded in so you unlock more map? so basically you couldnt find it on no clip if it wasnt loaded in yet but when you activate it more map is loaded and the wonder waffe and winters howl are magically available lol?

has anyone spelled samantha with the lunar letters?

There is only one A, it would work if you can use the same letters mulitple times...

Treyarch need to some how make it so that one player in solo can complete this easter egg on their own...

Make it so you can control where the lander goes in solo, so you can spell out phrases during the lander node.

Make the monkey round buttons so they only have to be pressed once in solo.

One player needed on the pressure pad in solo.

Zeus cannon & the porter x2 raygun for the portal energy.

Why make it so it can only be done with 4 in solo????

Regards Snake.

has anyone spelled samantha with the lunar letters?

There is only one A, it would work if you can use the same letters mulitple times...

Treyarch need to some how make it so that one player in solo can complete this easter egg on their own...

Make it so you can control where the lander goes in solo, so you can spell out phrases during the lander node.

Make the monkey round buttons so they only have to be pressed once in solo.

One player needed on the pressure pad in solo.

Zeus cannon & the porter x2 raygun for the portal energy.

Why make it so it can only be done with 4 in solo????

Regards Snake.

I don't know how to replace the existing code but this is how i would make 4 player sync switch made to solo. Here is the existing code: (I formatted it)

switch_watcher()
{
level endon( "between_round_over" );
pressed = 0;
switches = GetStructArray( "sync_switch_start", "targetname" );
while (1) {
level waittill( "sync_button_pressed" );
timeout = GetTime() + 500;
while ( GetTime() pressed = 0;
for ( i=0; i if ( IsDefined( switches[i].pressed ) && switches[i].pressed ) {
pressed++;
}
}
if ( pressed == 4 ) {
flag_set( "switches_synced" );
for ( i=0; i playsoundatposition( "zmb_misc_activate", switches[i].origin );
}
return;
}
wait( 0.05 );
}
switch( pressed ) {
case 1:
case 2:
case 3:
for ( i=0; i playsoundatposition( "zmb_deny", switches[i].origin );
}
break;
}
for ( i=0; i switches[i].pressed = 0;
}
}
}

Line 8: timeout = GetTime() + 500;

Changing the 500 to a large number that would still provide a challenge would allow one player to run to all switches before time out.

Lline 9: while ( GetTime()

Changing it to: "while ( 1 ) {" would force no time out. and would allow the user to press the buttons over the course of the game. This is not efficient as the loop would always have to run.

To balance performance, we could remove this:

for ( i=0; i

switches.pressed = 0;

}

that way the buttons are never cleared and the time out doesn't matter. So any time the user presses a button, it will add to the total pressed. The buttons could be pressed in different monkey rounds and still count.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think there's a simpler explanation.

Imagine you are writing code, and the 4 lander sequences are just about finished. However, something isn't working properly with the lander 2 code. There are 2 options: go back through the programming and try to fix a major error, or just scrap it and write a new one.

I'm thinking the programmers just went with the second option, with the rewritten piece they used being designated "lander 5" since the lander 2 code still existed when they started, and there was no reason to go back and change the labeling later.

It explains both the absence of lander 2 and the presence of lander 5. I'm going to have to go with Occam's razor...

I wanted to see what the secret lander everyone is talking about is, i diceded to use the glitch that allows you to get on the edge of the lander and jump off, i went to the sickle did the glicth and ran along to the building and the room was empty no landing pad and no secets in the room.

sorry

I wanted to see what the secret lander everyone is talking about is, i diceded to use the glitch that allows you to get on the edge of the lander and jump off, i went to the sickle did the glicth and ran along to the building and the room was empty no landing pad and no secets in the room.

sorry

Maybe if you do the easter egg up to the death machines...then try glitching again to see if anything was added in now that the easter egg is supposedly done? ...dont kill me lol just an idea is all

sorry

Maybe if you do the easter egg up to the death machines...then try glitching again to see if anything was added in now that the easter egg is supposedly done? ...dont kill me lol just an idea is all

In all truthfulness what we need is modidng to get no clip. Then get to that so called "5th station" or the cockpit of the rocket! (the cockpit for the hell of it)

Imagine you are writing code, and the 4 lander sequences are just about finished. However, something isn't working properly with the lander 2 code. There are 2 options: go back through the programming and try to fix a major error, or just scrap it and write a new one.

I'm thinking the programmers just went with the second option, with the rewritten piece they used being designated "lander 5" since the lander 2 code still existed when they started, and there was no reason to go back and change the labeling later.

It explains both the absence of lander 2 and the presence of lander 5. I'm going to have to go with Occam's razor...

I'm pretty sure we've all already agreed upon this?

The point is that they may have left the coding for Lander 2 in the map information (like all of the unused dialogue that's been found). We simply want to see if it is possible to access and if so, where the lander station would have been.

Also, you guys should really stop trying to tie this with the node puzzle easter egg.

sorry

I will try this if I can manage to so the glitch again, because I suck at doing the glitch, good idea though

Please remember the purpose of this thread.

The point of this is to discuss ideas on how we can access the encrypted script code to trigger the lander's station 2 travel path.

We already agree that the location where station 2 my be was never finished. There is a strong possibility that the path was put in when the lander stations where first being developed. This means that if we can trigger this path, such as a call to station 2, then the lander may fly outside of the map to the lander location that people have no clipped to.

Keep in mind that the station 2 area was never finished, so the only point of doing this is to prove that the lander location that we can't get to was designed in to the map but then later removed to design changes.

The point is that they may have left the coding for Lander 2 in the map information (like all of the unused dialogue that's been found). We simply want to see if it is possible to access and if so, where the lander station would have been.

Also, you guys should really stop trying to tie this with the node puzzle easter egg.

I agree completely, this thread has nothing to do with the Easter egg and the ultimate goal is just to see where the lander station would have been.

sorry

I will try this if I can manage to so the glitch again, because I suck at doing the glitch, good idea though

You see those red rockets unter the lander?

try at that side of the edge, it's much easier :P

Maybe something rly appears just in the campaign.

If you do the Thundergun Easter egg on Numbers, it appears suddenly out of the wall, and a woman says some numbers.

Not trying to ruin your fun trying to work out 'lander 2' but am I the only one who has thought that maybe thats where you fly from when you start Ascension?

Seems like a fairly good point, is there an intro script that would deal with this event?

If we could read that, then it might answer any questions regarding the lander. I dont see anything that suggests that there are two missing landers, even the 1 missing lander might be accaunted for in the intro script event.

Plus I believe for Ascension to work as intended then there should be a sixth lander stations not just the five in the code...

Regards Alpha.

Dude that is exactly what a theory is,

"A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (called scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. A scientific theory is constructed to conform to available empirical data about such observations, and is put forth as a principle or body of principles for explaining a class of phenomena."

I feel that you are trying to imply your theory is better than others because it does not involve 360 noscoping a teddy bear while pressing left bumper down D pad and singing the chorus from Jebus Christ Superstar backwards?

If thats the case I would have to agree with you, your theory is commendable. :lol: It might well hold water...

A lot of good info here, but I'm spending hours reading through posts, and not finding anything substantial.

Why doesn't someone jus post the PC files, we'll look through them for sound bytes etc, and move on.

I would like there to be more, but it's not looking that way, so I'd be happier settling it with nothing, otherwise you guys will never stop talking about it.

I'm pretty sure we've all already agreed upon this?

Thats what I meant: There almost certainly is no "would have been", it would just be one of the places that are already in place. There might have just been a glitch or error that was easier to rewrite than fix, with all of the locations unchanged