Why do people dislike Five?

Funkdoc91

I've been on these forums for a fair bit now qnd i've seen a lot of people say they dislike Five, i don't get why.

It's different, granted, but it adds a few neat dimensions, for example 6 windows in the spawn room, 4 work 2 dont, so it instantly makes the team work together to determine which windows are in use and which aren't, then the team can work out who's at what window, it adds a new weapon, it's multistory (3x floors), which is a first, it adds the infamous thief to the forever unfolding storyline (unless this map is just for S&Gs, whether or not it is, i think ascension should be the decider on whether or not it is linked to the story, if there's nothing pertaining to the story then i think its decided that it is unrelated and just for fun, to mix it up so you dont play kino 24/7.)

All in all though personally i think it's pretty good and provides a break from kino.

Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kino is a 2 story map. Five is just not fun, there is not a single floor that has a good amount of free space to do circles like Kino and the thief is just straight retarded he's hardly an enemy more like a nuisance like the crawlers. I also can't stand the elevator system and how you can be halfway through a round, use the elevator and when you come out ur already surrounded. Its just not a well planned map IMO. And i do believe it was just for shits and giggles....come on Fidel Castro killing zombies? How would that possbily tie in with the element 115 story?

Kino is a 2 story map. Five is just not fun, there is not a single floor that has a good amount of free space to do circles like Kino and the thief is just straight retarded he's hardly an enemy more like a nuisance like the crawlers. I also can't stand the elevator system and how you can be halfway through a round, use the elevator and when you come out ur already surrounded.

Then wait to turn on the power until you get a good enough gun. Elevator system, just hit the switch again. Five is more of a multiplayer map, camping in the PaP room with two up front, and two guarding the back windows.

You see, the problem here is that the majority of the community won't accept any map that isn't enormous. When Verruckt came out it was wildly popular (quite obviously, being the first zombie DLC and all) but not one person complained about the lack of free space. Then Shi No Numa and Der Riese came along and everyone loved them.

But now, we have almost everyone moaning and complaining about any map that isn't gigantic. Want to know why? Because they don't want to try new gameplay. They want to do the same basic thing of running around in circles and shooting aimlessly whereas on Verruckt and FIVE you actually need a strategy and a plan to approach the fight and most people can't handle that.

EXAMPLE: When the location of Ascension was announced and everyone thought it was based off of 'Executive Order' (from the campaign), they noticed the small space in that mission and instantly started complaining about the size of the map and saying it's going to suck without even seeing so much as a screenshot of it. Then the screenshot was released and everyone was like "OMGZZZZ IT LOOK LIEK DER RIESE OMGZZZ EPOCH WIN YEAYYEEHAAYYHHHHYH!!!!!"

Okay, that was a bit over the line. I don't mean to mock you guys, but sometimes as the zombie community we get too worked up over stupid things (admittedly I get worked up way too often if I think something's not right- I'm sort of infamous for that at CoDz). If people were really fans they would try to adjust to the difference in size and strategy instead of complaining about it.