Phd flopper.

Leightonater

personally i think that phd flopper, could be the best perk going.

if im right about what it is, obviously.

read some other stuff on websites and what not, and they were talking about ph = a skilled doctor

and flopper is a phrase for someone who falls in sport on purpose?

put these together, a skilled faller?

could this mean that phd flopper acutally downs you when you press a certian button (down on dpad for example) and makes the zombies think your down, and thus walk off? so it like downs you without downing you? Without loosing points/other perks.

obviously you would probably buy this and then be able to use it maybe only once/twice.

thoughts, comments?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would easily bet my life saving that it will never be a perk as you have described.

I could understand Tactical Mask or the keeping of perks upon down. I could even agree with either no fall damage or fast weapon swapping or 3 weapons limit. But they would never have that perk because its too rediculous.

I would easily bet my life saving that it will never be a perk as you have described.

I could understand Tactical Mask or the keeping of perks upon down. I could even agree with either no fall damage or fast weapon swapping or 3 weapons limit. But they would never have that perk because its too rediculous.

Jeez, he was just saying what it he thought, you don't have to criticize that harsh something you don't think will happen.

But I do think that is kind of farfetched. It would be cool, but its seems kind of wierd and unusual for a perk. Better than any thought bmaster said on this topic though.

Though the idea where you can drop down as though you were dead sounds like a really cool perk, I doubt thats what it would be. However that would be a pretty interesting ability if actually true.

Im still thinking PHD flopper is like a gas mask that helps you see better against the nova gas. Maybe theres some area of the map that have alot of gas so they are forcing you to buy it eventually.

The flopper part of the name still is lost on me. Not sure what that means or have any real guesses.

Honestly, I personally think that's a pretty swag take on it. Like its really outside the box, but at the same time it's not as farfetch'd as a lot of peoples ideas they come up with on the spot. I legitly like it. Ha.

The idea though can still save itself if you change it a bit. Instead, it keeps your perks, but you can't purchase PhD Flopper for a certain amount of rounds after. Y'feelme? Heh.

Someone in some other thread mentioned how StaminUP sounds like 7Up, and how PHd Flopper sounds like Dr Pepper. Well, it doesn't really sound like it, but a Phd is related to a doctor. But Flopper does sound like pepper (Kinda)

I said that, a PhD is a doctorate, so if you were Ed Richtoven Phd. you'd also be Dr. Richtoven.

Anyways.

I don't like the idea of a gas mask. At the current zombie levels there isn't an area where you need a gas mask, you can easily fight the zombies w/o having to worry about the nova gas. So they would have to make an area say full of gas, but that contradicts the other perks. What other perks do you need to have?

Sure it helps to have juggernog or quick revive, but the game doesn't force you to have any. A super gas filled area would force you to have to save up and buy a specific perk, and the game isn't structured that way.

Therefore I don't think it has to do with nova gas.

I apologizes for coming across in such a harsh way so ill make my own little suggestion as requested of me lol.

How about if the perk were to extend the time you remain downed for in non solo gameplay. This could be plausible considering not just the name but its actually hard to get to someone in time if your on the other side of the map. It could be around double the survival time like Second Chance Pro does.

Also you can critisise me if you like i deserve it for what i said, im sorry :roll:

I think an interesting perk that would put a twist on the game would be like a last resort sort of machine.

For example, I was thinking of there maybe being something of a max ammo machine that would cost around $3,000-$5,000. THis alone would be too easy, because at later rounds in the high 20s and onward, money usually becomes less of an issue/ shortage. What this machine would require is a sacrifice of 1 of your 2 guns. Imagine it like the PaP machine, where I would be able to walk up to the machine, pay the money, and it would keep the gun I was holding at the time and give a total max ammo (no half magazines like when you grab max ammos w/o reloading) to the other gun. You could grab another gun off the wall, or in the box, but it could be a large inconvenience, or could be very dangerous if done in the middle of the round.

I think this could be interesting at later levels when ammo is scarce, putting you in a situation of whether to keep the ray gun or the zeus cannon for the max ammo. What do you guys think about this idea, and what should its name be?

So not technically a perk, but a Ammo Machine... Aaha.

But I feel you, I feel you. &&Personally, I think that 3000-5000 is still a lot. A lot of the time in the later rounds if your team somehow survives with a crawler, you're bound to at least have gone down a few times in the round when low on Ammo, which means all the money you currently have at the time would go back to rebuying your Perks since you lost them all, and that alone gets pretty costly.

I was just thinking of how PhD is like a Doctor, and field Surgeons came to mind. Maybe that is it, you can revive yourself, revive others quicker, and revive from a short distance away? But you would still lose it and other perks upon down. Maybe after 3 times you cant revive yourself again, and the revive is quicker than normal, but slower than Quick Revive?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I was reading this forum, and I like all of your theories as to what PhD Flopper will do. But you guys forgot just one thing, though. You have to look at the physical evidence we have so far. In the trailer, the symbol was the symbol for a Nuke. I don't wanna be mean or put anyone down, but I don't think it will have to do with ammo, reviving, or going down as a fake. I personally don't have a theory, which is why I don't wanna criticize. I just wanted to put this out there for any further theories, so please don't take this notification badly!

Hi everyone! I was reading this forum, and I like all of your theories as to what PhD Flopper will do. But you guys forgot just one thing, though. You have to look at the physical evidence we have so far. In the trailer, the symbol was the symbol for a Nuke. I don't wanna be mean or put anyone down, but I don't think it will have to do with ammo, reviving, or going down as a fake. I personally don't have a theory, which is why I don't wanna criticize. I just wanted to put this out there for any further theories, so please don't take this notification badly!

Its already confirmed: PhD Flopper is a Flak Jaket-esque perk, where splash damage is greatly reduced (i.e., throwing a grenade or shooting an M72 LAW will not hurt you as much) and if you dolphin dive (sprint and hold B) a small explosion goes off around you, killing zombies. Stamin-UP is a Lightweight Marathon combo.

Maybe it makes it so that when you get put down, you can crawl at full speed since there is always such a problem being down and getting revived by team mates because you are so far away.

It Protects You From Fall Damage, Splash Damage And If You Dolphin Dive From, Say A Few Steps High It Makes A Big Explosion ^_^