End of the line for Quickscopers???

DEMON xMYQx

Quickscoping is the cheapest way to get kills in MW2, but it is also one of the easiest. I remember the first time I got quickscoped in a match, so the next match I asked him what he was using and copied him. That match I went 12-0 (S&D). After that I didn't do it very much cause it felt cheap. I like to feel like I'm earning my kills, maybe that's just me.

How's it cheap?

Really now, how?

I mean, we can miss, and can be an easy kill.

Whereas, Noob Tubers can stay in one spot and get a 25 kill streak, and Commando Fags can run around the whole game knifing. We actually have to go out there and try and try and try.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickscoping is the cheapest way to get kills in MW2, but it is also one of the easiest. I remember the first time I got quickscoped in a match, so the next match I asked him what he was using and copied him. That match I went 12-0 (S&D). After that I didn't do it very much cause it felt cheap. I like to feel like I'm earning my kills, maybe that's just me.

How's it cheap?

Really now, how?

Whereas, Noob Tubers can stay in one spot and get a 25 kill streak, and Commando Fags can run around the whole game knifing. We actually have to go out there and try and try and try.

Its cheap because IMO its easy maybe I just got lucky the few times I did it, and the people on the other team were bad. And you're right I would much rather take on a team of quick scopers than noob-tubers, but the topics was quickscopes so that's what I wrote about. I wasn't trying to offend anybody I was just giving my opinion.

How's it cheap?

Really now, how?

Its cheap because IMO its easy maybe I just got lucky the few times I did it, and the people on the other team were bad. And you're right I would much rather take on a team of quick scopers than noob-tubers, but the topics was quickscopes so that's what I wrote about. I wasn't trying to offend anybody I was just giving my opinion.

Believe me mate, you didn't offend me or anybody else. I'm just a cranky person.

I tried to quickscope in MW1, and I failed.

I tried to quickscope in W@W, and I failed.

I tried to quickscope in MW2, and I failed.

I'm just not used to it, and will never be used to quickscoping because I feel that my style of run and gunning has more effectiveness than trying to get "quads" and "collats" while trying to be sponsored by Machinima/OpTic :)

I play the game to enjoy it and have fun. I do snipe, but I usually stay in one postion until I get a kill (Zomg camper!), and slowly move towards the objective I am after. (Search and Destroy).

Just my opinion.

I see a bunch of people saying "quickscoping is easy in MW2, you have auto-aim, faster ADS" etc...I really think you guys are over-exaggerating, if you people seriously have "auto-aim" then freaking give me some...jesus...do you know how straight on my shot has to be to get a QS?? aiming down sights does not give you any auto-aim whatsoever, unless you are playing CAMPAIGN, and even in that i don't think it does it with snipers.

The only auto-aim that MP has is when you are already aiming down your sights, and someone moves, THEN your reticule will move slightly, and follow that person, and that doesn't even work with snipers, and honestly, i freakin hate that in the game, it robs me of kills soooo much because I'm trying to aim at someone, and my stupid reticule just feels like moving. and about the faster ADS...yes that's in there....and so? what does that give you? absolutely nothing to help with your aim for QSing, in fact, it makes it harder, it gives you LESS time to make sure that your sight is on target before you are scoped in.

So when I QS you in MW2, you'll get pissed at me? let's go back to WaW, when I QS you, will you get pissed at me? let's go back to CoD 4, when I QS you, will you get pissed at me? etc... I have been QSing from back in CoD 3, before I even knew how popular FPS's were, how good people were when they QS'd, etc. because I was young. I have not found a difference in the difficulties of QSing in any of the games, I can still go back to WaW, or MW and QS just as easy as I always have. I seriously do not get why people get so pissed when you get QS'd, the only thing that pisses me off about it is when people get mad at me for NOT QSing, because yes, I hardscope a lot when I need to, when I'm just trying to have fun and play Domonation, or FFA, I won't hardscope unless I am on a really big kill streak, but I play search mostly, and I play it competitively, and the only time I QS is when I turn around a corner, and there is someone right in front of me, or there is one guy left on their team, and we have more than 3 people, then I will try for a nice Killcam.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hate how much people hate QSing now for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: I just realized that this is getting off-topic lol, i'm getting tired, now for QSing in BO, I think that it'll be like QSing in WaW, and in MW, because there is a difference in HOW the QSing works in the games, but not the DIFFICULTY in getting kills with it.

I see a bunch of people saying "quickscoping is easy in MW2, you have auto-aim, faster ADS" etc...I really think you guys are over-exaggerating, if you people seriously have "auto-aim" then freaking give me some...jesus...do you know how straight on my shot has to be to get a QS?? aiming down sights does not give you any auto-aim whatsoever, unless you are playing CAMPAIGN, and even in that i don't think it does it with snipers.

The only auto-aim that MP has is when you are already aiming down your sights, and someone moves, THEN your reticule will move slightly, and follow that person, and that doesn't even work with snipers, and honestly, i freakin hate that in the game, it robs me of kills soooo much because I'm trying to aim at someone, and my stupid reticule just feels like moving. and about the faster ADS...yes that's in there....and so? what does that give you? absolutely nothing to help with your aim for QSing, in fact, it makes it harder, it gives you LESS time to make sure that your sight is on target before you are scoped in.

So when I QS you in MW2, you'll get pissed at me? let's go back to WaW, when I QS you, will you get pissed at me? let's go back to CoD 4, when I QS you, will you get pissed at me? etc... I have been QSing from back in CoD 3, before I even knew how popular FPS's were, how good people were when they QS'd, etc. because I was young. I have not found a difference in the difficulties of QSing in any of the games, I can still go back to WaW, or MW and QS just as easy as I always have. I seriously do not get why people get so pissed when you get QS'd, the only thing that pisses me off about it is when people get mad at me for NOT QSing, because yes, I hardscope a lot when I need to, when I'm just trying to have fun and play Domonation, or FFA, I won't hardscope unless I am on a really big kill streak, but I play search mostly, and I play it competitively, and the only time I QS is when I turn around a corner, and there is someone right in front of me, or there is one guy left on their team, and we have more than 3 people, then I will try for a nice Killcam.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hate how much people hate QSing now for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: I just realized that this is getting off-topic lol, i'm getting tired, now for QSing in BO, I think that it'll be like QSing in WaW, and in MW, because there is a difference in HOW the QSing works in the games, but not the DIFFICULTY in getting kills with it.

u are 100 percent right........

and to everyone who thinks im fake....its pretty pointless to post

I shed a tear, as you took the words I've been wanting to say, but couldn't find them.

I think people complain about Quickscoping WAYYYYYYYYYY to much.

Most of their arguements are:

1. Its unrealistic.

2. Broken Aim Assist.

3. To many people do it.

4. Thats not how a sniper is supposed to be used.

5. They yell at me for hardscoping

6. Montages dont show skill, they show luck.

Ok well here's my responce:

1. OK! Maybe it is unrealistic. But tell me something. Next time your Hardscoping, look at all the unrealistic things that are going on: You take no variables into considiration (Wind, Gravity, Etc.), For Thermal Scopes show that only HUMANS give off heat? whats with that? Almost everything in CoD is unrealistic except the names of the guns, get over it.

2. Its not like the Aim Assist is only giving quickscopers an advantage. Everyone's Aim Assist is F*** up unless they turn it off, which is rare. If quickscopers are only "1337" because they have an aim assist, then so is every Average Joe in the Game. INCLUDING YOU. (Unless of course you turn it off)

3. So what if to many people do it. Just kill them and take your points and go on your marry way.

4. Correction. Thats how you THINK a sniper shouldnt be used. Just because you believe that a sniper shouldnt be able to quickscope, doesnt mean that everyone believes that to.

5. Mute them.

6. Imagine if a Top 10 Football Plays segment on ESPN was made of all 10 yard runs. No one would want to watch it. Quickscoping is fun to watch. And if you disagree with that, fine, its your opinion, but its not everyones opinion.

Sorry I went on a rant. Feel free to reply.

And BTW: To clarify, zzirGrizz didnt invent quickscoping. No one did, it just came to be, although most people credit Doggy Treats (OpTic Dtreats) as the true "founder". zzirGrizz just found a way to make no scoping easier, which led to an extreme popularity of this style of sniping.

I think people complain about Quickscoping WAYYYYYYYYYY to much.

Most of their arguements are:

1. Its unrealistic.

2. Broken Aim Assist.

3. To many people do it.

4. Thats not how a sniper is supposed to be used.

5. They yell at me for hardscoping

6. Montages dont show skill, they show luck.

well the dont watch them

in all games there is someone who no scopes or quickscopes that is something that i found out in my experience

No sniper on Earth is used for quickscoping. Its not that people think that's not how they should be used, its a fact. If you had ever looked through the scope of a rifle you would know that. Shooting a .408 or a .50 cal. Would be redicously hard to do standing up let alone emptying your entire clip in 8 seconds. Its hard enough to find the crosshairs in a scope, then to get it on top of your target, and squeeze the trigger with enough control to hit your target. They give snipers pistols for a reason and they always have a spotter with them. Therefore it is not someones opinion that the snipers shouldn't be used to quickscope it is indeed fact.

No sniper on Earth is used for quickscoping. Its not that people think that's not how they should be used, its a fact. If you had ever looked through the scope of a rifle you would know that. Shooting a .408 or a .50 cal. Would be redicously hard to do standing up let alone emptying your entire clip in 8 seconds. Its hard enough to find the crosshairs in a scope, then to get it on top of your target, and squeeze the trigger with enough control to hit your target. They give snipers pistols for a reason and they always have a spotter with them. Therefore it is not someones opinion that the snipers shouldn't be used to quickscope it is indeed fact.

of course its a fact but because its a game it looks cool its fun and if theres a way someone will find it

Strangely, I've never had a problem with quick scopers. For me it's always been noob tube/rpg/OMA spamming from the entire enemy team or being shot once in the knee and dying.

Somehow, I think that's a little bit more of a problem. Never gone 6-35 in a match with quick scopers on Terminal while still being the top dog on your team, have you? And by top dog, I mean the most cap points and kills.

GUYS STOP FLAIMING

That won't stop 'scopers the Treyarch gameplay will, how often have you seen them on CoD 4/6 now how often have you seen them on CoD 5? :D that was the first thing i heard players say, YOU CANT QUICKSCOPE GRRRR then they picked up the mp40 :D

i don't mind types of sniping its only a game and i respect someone eho can get me across the map, in the same way i respect this guy who i sniped he turned and headshotted me with a thumper across a car through a tiny window on scrapyard [brains] but i remember B1943 where you have to un aim to re cock the gun, you coulnt do that while ADS in real life but its just a game :)

I believe it was hutch who said after playing COD:BO that quick scoping will take a little more skill than MW2, and should return to COD:WAW COD4 type of quick scoping.

yes you are right, but he also said he tried once and gave up.

yeah but im pretty sure it was because they had a limited amount of time with the game when all the people that quickscope get the game on november it wont take a month to figure out how to do it sucesfully