No Open Beta. Video Proof. Interview w/ Dan Suarez :(

thegrix

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he could have meant that right now its just an internal beta.

no.. im sad but he made it very clear that an open beta is not going to happen. i am REALLY pissed. mw2 had so many flaws at release it was unreal- afghan rock glitch elevators everywhere, the models, and of course the ones they dont give a shit to patch- commando, and even though it wasnt made at release, the fuel rock glitch isnt going to get patched. atleast treyarch will give a shit and patch things unlike infinty ward.

no.. im sad but he made it very clear that an open beta is not going to happen. i am REALLY pissed. mw2 had so many flaws at release it was unreal- afghan rock glitch elevators everywhere, the models, and of course the ones they dont give a shit to patch- commando, and even though it wasnt made at release, the fuel rock glitch isnt going to get patched. atleast treyarch will give a shit and patch things unlike infinty ward.

If Activision tells Treyarch they are done with Black Ops and it is time to move they will move on. Infinity Ward DID patch but with Black Ops only 2 months away Activision wouldn't dare alow Inifity Ward to Patch itl

Maybe MW2 was the beta. think about it. it had soo many flaws and maybe activision wanted to make a game to annoy people so heaps would buy there next installment of the series. So now when black ops comes out, everyone will but it cause they hated MW2

idk

:lol: Treyarch have certainly learnt from infinity wards mistakes, but i don't think thats how it went. They wouldn't purposely make a bad game.

no.. im sad but he made it very clear that an open beta is not going to happen. i am REALLY pissed..

Agreed, But like BBS Said, They are having an INTERNAL Beta, which means anyone who works for Activision, or one of its subsidiaries, and their Families get to play the Beta Black Ops.

And Don't worry. Treyarch Will Fix Every Issue just like they did with World at War, And Fix it Fast. Especially Considering they Hired that Whole New team just to Combat Glitches and Hackers and Cheaters.

But you know the Real Reason Behind Activision Refusing to do an Open Beta Right? It is Activisions Decision and not Treyarch's. And the One and Only Reason that Activision isn't Havng an Open Beta for Black Ops is Sales.

When World at War came out with its Beta, A lot of people who would have purchased the game on the Release day changed their minds.

Reason Because World at War "Sucked" or "Was the Same". When the Truth is that Treyarch improved and tweaked and Changed a few things. Just enough to where people who came straight from modern warfare wouldn't instantly be the best at World at War, and those people(Cry babies) Didn't like not instantly being the best, Claiming that World at War Sucked just because they couldn't win a game right off the Bat, So they Didn't buy it. And Activision Can't Have that.

Thats the Reason There Won't be an Open Beta.

Yeah, thats true, And those are called Private Betas, Bungie just had a Private Beta for Halo Reach, so its not just an old Fashioned thing.

And Yes, There is no Rule that says the Game has to Have a Beta, But the issue here was the fact that World at War was Clearly Made a Better Game by having a Beta, and modern warfare would have been at least slightly better. Although there's not really any amount of testing that could have helped that mess.

People just don't want the same thing to happen to Black Ops. A Beta can do nothing but Help, and its ridiculous that Activision Chose not to do an Open Beta Because it would effect Sales. They Are having an Internal Beta, so that will help, And it is Treyarch afterall. Even without a Beta they Will fix problems quickly.

I have mixed feelings on this. on one hand im upset there is no beta but on the other im glad cause if they released a beta people wouldnt just play it to weed out the glitches an problems they would just play it to get the upper hand when the full version is released an that aint fair so i can understand why they didnt do it. Not to mention im already hyped for the game I really wouldnt want to spoil myself by playing it early.

Well, I am really pissed about no open beta. I too think it is Activison wanting to sell more games, but on the other hand think about it.. if mw2 had a beta it wouldn't have lost sales doing that. MW2 was a great game to a lot of people for around 2 months till people discovered the flaws. no one discovers things like the ump is overpowered in a week long beta. if mw2 had a beta i still would of bought and maybe even been more hyped about the full release.