Less Appealing.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya there maybe a camera but it gets rid of your HUD there maybe a rc car but im sure it has a timer there may be a one hit crossbow but you get two bullets and the graphics look identical to mw2 maybe cause its only a year? Now and if you are gonna complain about a game that hasn't even hit the store then don't buy it.

Did you even watch the trailer? A crossbow is a one hit kill with C4, which is the only thing we've seen used with it, except for in the campaign, ITS LIKE A SNIPER. As for Host migration, i've never had problems with host lag/ host getting more kills, sounds like an excuse for you getting whooped? The car is a good idea, it's interactive, more useful than a statue, and way better than Nightvision goggles that are cheap as fck. And as for the killstreaks, you're thinking too much of em, The rc car will get you ONE kill, and i'm sure it's harded to use than it looks, plus it's contact sensitive so if you hit something, it blows up, plus the only way you're going to get a kill with it, is if you know where someone is camping/ happen to find someone along the way. And the camera is bright, if you can't see it, get a bigger t.v

I know most people don't look for realism in COD games but tbh I think if you were hit with an exploding arrow from a crossbow you would probably die with one shot :lol:

Seriously though I'm incredibly psyched for this game. Every game will have its flaws, some more than others *cough* MW2 *cough*, but too be honest I think the positives of Black Ops will completely override the negatives.

I know most people don't look for realism in COD games but tbh I think if you were hit with an exploding arrow from a crossbow you would probably die with one shot :lol:

Seriously though I'm incredibly psyched for this game. Every game will have its flaws, some more than others *cough* MW2 *cough*, but too be honest I think the positives of Black Ops will completely override the negatives.

^ This... I mean there are a few things of which I think that they could be exploited but Treyarch will soon do something against it.

Ya there maybe a camera but it gets rid of your HUD there maybe a rc car but im sure it has a timer there may be a one hit crossbow but you get two bullets and the graphics look identical to mw2 maybe cause its only a year? Now and if you are gonna complain about a game that hasn't even hit the store then don't buy it.

1. Whats better a couple red dots or a camera cleverly placed in a corner?

2. Im sure the crowbow will get ammo from something like scavenger. If not Im sure enough people will be using it in every game to the point where you can get ammo where it all the time.

3. But its not running on the MW2 engine. Its on a heavilly modified W@W engine. Look at the campaign E3 gameplay. They are much grittyier and W@Wish.

4. The game is coming out in less then 3 months. There is no way anything major like graphics will change.

^ This... I mean there are a few things of which I think that they could be exploited but Treyarch will soon do something against it.

I understand but what about W@W's MP40? It could have had a little more recoil or less damage? Pretty easy patch. A day to make a week to test.

Yea but still. Its looks to powerfull. Basically a sniper with crosshairs that explodes. Sure it may be fun getting the kill but what about when you are the guy hearing the beeb and then boom? What about when thats across the map and they do it multiple times? Not so fun for the guy getting 1SK. Also it can kill him teamates which is just sad :(

I was unfortunate enough to never really play W@W multiplayer but I think I know what your getting at.

Although hopefully there will be a beta, so any problems could be straightened out then?

You actually have a good point about the crossbow but I dunno, hopefully it won't have the same characteristics of the noob tube. That clip may be exaggerated to make the crossbow look more badass :lol:

Did you even watch the trailer? A crossbow is a one hit kill with C4, which is the only thing we've seen used with it, except for in the campaign, ITS LIKE A SNIPER. As for Host migration, i've never had problems with host lag/ host getting more kills, sounds like an excuse for you getting whooped? The car is a good idea, it's interactive, more useful than a statue, and way better than Nightvision goggles that are cheap as fck. And as for the killstreaks, you're thinking too much of em, The rc car will get you ONE kill, and i'm sure it's harded to use than it looks, plus it's contact sensitive so if you hit something, it blows up, plus the only way you're going to get a kill with it, is if you know where someone is camping/ happen to find someone along the way. And the camera is bright, if you can't see it, get a bigger t.v

Wow basicly what I heard you say is the following.

1. 1Sk with your'e secondary Semtex gernade shooting crossbow is ok.

2. You have either not play MW2 alot or you always get host thanks to good internet.

3. A shity RC car is cooler then a collectible figure you could actually put on display.( PLUS ITS $70!)

4. Getting a free kill for getting 3 kills is ok? Not only that but you can see the enemies in their base.

5. The camera is bright. So its balanced. I dont know about you but I dont check every god damn corner. Plus what if you have the high ground? I can already see Camera+Claymore being op.

I was unfortunate enough to never really play W@W multiplayer but I think I know what your getting at.

Although hopefully there will be a beta, so any problems could be straightened out then?

You actually have a good point about the crossbow but I dunno, hopefully it won't have the same characteristics of the noob tube. That clip may be exaggerated to make the crossbow look more badass :lol:

IDK maybe. But I doubt they would make a crossbow with a semtex at the end a 2sk.

Yea im looking forward to a beta but unless they make it 2 months I doubt even half the imbalances would be found. It took almost 4 months for people to start finding out the most OP amazing combos and best hiding spots. IDK I made this thread because I was just so disapointed that this is going to be another MW2 but people are gonna be like "its ok we got zombies!" I knwo it.

Yes there is a possibility bo is gonna have a not great multiplayer, and if it doesnt, its till gomma have a great coop. And really, the rc car is like and underpowered predator missile with worse visibility. The crossbow im somewhat worried about, along with the camera, but the crossbows not a side arm, its a primary gun. Why would they have explosive crossbows and noob tubes at the same time.

2. You have either not play MW2 alot or you always get host thanks to good internet.

3. A shity RC car is cooler then a collectible figure you could actually put on display.( PLUS ITS $70!)

4. Getting a free kill for getting 3 kills is ok? Not only that but you can see the enemies in their base.

5. The camera is bright. So its balanced. I dont know about you but I dont check every god damn corner. Plus what if you have the high ground? I can already see Camera+Claymore being op.

Ok let me try to explain why this game is gonna be better than that bullsh*t game called modern warfail 2 its made by TREYARCH. Now if there is problems with mp like over powered crossbow or something they are gonna fix it with a little thing called an update. Oh ya there is no scavenger in this game treyarch said nothing from mw2.

Ok let me try to explain why this game is gonna be better than that bullsh*t game called modern warfail 2 its made by TREYARCH. Now if there is problems with mp like over powered crossbow or something they are gonna fix it with a little thing called an update. Oh ya there is no scavenger in this game treyarch said nothing from mw2.

I also said you could pick ammo up from other people who have the crossbow which is gonna be ALOT. And yea W@W had sooo many updates its completely balenced. Really the Mp40/Jug is balanced like crazy! Don't trust Treyarch that much. Once Activision says OK make some DLC and lets move on to the next game its over. They will make a couple map packs ahead of time and will slowly release. Thats it.

the camera is nothing to worry about it can watch one small section and anyone with common sense can easily avoid/destroy camera.Also how are people going to boost without tactical insertion.The crossbow is again something not to worry about it was not a one hit kill it only killed the person because there was a explosive attached to it and the range of the explosion was very small.

This might be a long one. . . I apologize in advance, but major clarification is needed.

I understand your concerns, but you are worrying needlessly. . .

880cloud088: "Is it just me or with every new info on Black ops it seems to get worse and worse. First the campaign which seemed good(nice gritty graphics like W@W) but then the multiplayer trailer came and the graphics looked exactly like MW2's."

Actually, the graphical improvement is astounding. Watch the Black Ops Trailer, then watch a modern warfare 2 trailer. The graphical Difference is UNBELIEVABLE! Really, just Try it for yourself. I felt the same way before I did. And not only can you see the graphical difference, you can really see that the gameplay and gunplay is different as well. Although one reason it looks similar at first glance is because the gore is turned off.

880cloud088: "Crossbow is a 1 hit kill and a 3kills treak remote control car the blows up... A camera thats gonna help campers and crappy social feature."

Would you expect to get shot with by an Explosive Bolt and live? There's enough explosive on military crossbow bolts like that to destroy a lightly armored vehicle. Look it up. And besides, did you see the way he switched to it? How slow it was when he switched? Slow like an Rpg or Bazooka or Flame Thrower. Thats the category the Crossbow Falls in. You have two shots and thats it, like a Rocket. And it will probably take up a perk slot like the Bazooka From World at War. While the Camera may help Campers, it has tons of other strategic options, just use your imagination. Treyarch Knows how to Balance weapons, and don't go complaining about the Mp-40, because in World at War, if a player wants to, but only if they have the SKILL(Something required in World at War), they can be that powerful with ANY WEAPON in the game.

880cloud088: "When did CoD a hardcore military shooter become Twitter with guns? Sure a Smiley face red dot and customizable call signs might be nice but its not CoD."

When modern warfare 2 was released, but it looks like Treyarch is running with the customization. Which is a good thing.

880cloud088: "Also something that I will never forget is when Treyarch said they want to make matchmaking as fast as possible I got pretty let down by how naive they were. They also said dedicated servers would not help. We all know Treyarch pays them to say that. The whole Host system is a horrible idea but cheaper for Activi$ion. The host always gets more kills and god forbid he leave we all get to wait 30 secs"

Really? I HIGHLY Doubt the Developers at Treyarch are getting paid more to not let you pick the map. Its just a simple fact, Dedicated servers don't work that great on consoles. The matchmaking system in World at War was GREAT. I Played on a 700kb satellite connection for 3 years, and NEVER had a problem with the host in World at War. So I don't know what your problem is.

880cloud088: "Ill admit MW2 doesnt lag"

Hmm. . . What game have you been playing? Because modern warfare 2 has built in lag, LITERALLY. How? infinity ward took to heart all the people complaining about some sort of "Host Advantage", and the modern warfare 2 engine give every player a little bit of latency to try and balance out the "Host Advantage", EPIC Games did the same thing with Gears of War 2.

880cloud088: "And the prestige edition. WOW a remote control car $70 more then the hardened."

Go look at Radio Shack for an RC Car with the Specs that this one has, AND a Live Camera and Mic, you'll find that they run upwards of $200.

880cloud088: "Everything I hear and see makes the game look more like Modern Warfail 2."

Like I said, I understand your Worries, but they aren't necessary.

Why?

Because Treyarch is Using a DIFFERENT ENGINE. Treyarch is using a "Heavily Upgraded" version of the World at War engine, not the modern warfare 2 engine like all the fanboys are saying. So Heavily Updated, that "Not one line of Code, has been left untouched". Those are the words of Mark Lamia. That means the Gameplay itself literally Has to be more similar to World at War.

The Engine IS the Game. A different Engine means no built in lag, different Host Migration, different matchmaking, different everything. Even If Treyarch didn't change anything, a lot of the problems would be fixed simply because of the different engine.

why does every one think the crossbow is going to be so overpowerd? like realy... you have to HIT THEM to kill them or they can just run away from the explosion and its 1 arrow a clip so they have to reload? so you have to be accurate to hit them and when you do hit them they have like 2seconds to kill you or something its not just an instant kill is it..