Nukes ruining objective gameplay?

I love playing domination and HQ, games that have a point beyond just killing everyone in sight (not that I don't love that).

But when I get in a domination game and halfway through someone calls in a nuke, that really ruins the fun! Especially with double XP this weekend, everyone looses out on a lot of points.

Personally I believe that nukes ruin objective based play. Anyone else?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but sometimes the people that get nukes don't do it fairly, they get a friend and nuke boost which i think is pointless cus it takes ages to do it and you have to be in a secluded corner.

i had one once on hardcore team deathmatch which is pointless since other people can see you and can stop you.

i can see the point of it if they get it fairly, but not if they get the nuke by boosting cus it's stopping people from having fun in the game-mode they choose.

thats just my opinion though

if i do get a nuke i try to wait for the end of the game. that way, in demolition, i can wait for the other team to blow up both sites and then call it in when they think theyve won ;)

That, I like.

If you get one why not wait till the end? Rack up some more points and make the other team think they snagged the win.

• 1 month later...

I hate to try and revive an old thread, BUT:

Everything about this game ruins objective based gameplay. Every single gametype plays out like team deathmatch. Even search and destroy, modern suckfest has turned it into team deathmatch with one life. And this has happened not just because of Nukes, but most other killstreaks, and just about every new perk. Everything about this game ruined objective based games.

• 3 weeks later...