disappointing easter eggs

I dunno about you guys and i havent done all of the easter eggs but the ones that i have done are always so disappointing. Theres needs to be more than just a few gamer points for doing them, id like to see stuff in game get unlocked as you go through the easter eggs. Maybe even some special perks, just little things that might help you through the next playthrough like a higher chance of somwthing decent in the box or just anything really. They never really give you that feeling a fulfillment like they should

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ascension easter egg is a bit useless I admit, as well as the der-reise fly trap. 

However, COTD's, Shangri-la's, and Moon's easter eggs were AMAZING to me, offering all perks, and even unlocking the wonder waffe! 

Tranzit was a terrible easter egg with little reward

Die rise's easter egg would have been better, if it wasn't already possible to earn all 7 perks through the nova jumpers. 

Mob of the dead's easter egg was nice, but it also ended the game with at least one player going down. 

Buried's easter egg was a bit better then Die-rises, as it let you keep your perks upon going down, however the effort it took to get that done is disgusting. 

Origin's easter egg rewarded you with elemental fists AND the option to end the game with no one dying! I highly approved of that. 

The latest eco-zombies map "Outbreak" did not have a satisfying ending, but the reward was new and epic, 5 extra upgrades to any weapon! 

The ascension easter egg is a bit useless I admit, as well as the der-reise fly trap. 

However, COTD's, Shangri-la's, and Moon's easter eggs were AMAZING to me, offering all perks, and even unlocking the wonder waffe! 

Tranzit was a terrible easter egg with little reward

Die rise's easter egg would have been better, if it wasn't already possible to earn all 7 perks through the nova jumpers. 

Mob of the dead's easter egg was nice, but it also ended the game with at least one player going down. 

Buried's easter egg was a bit better then Die-rises, as it let you keep your perks upon going down, however the effort it took to get that done is disgusting. 

Origin's easter egg rewarded you with elemental fists AND the option to end the game with no one dying! I highly approved of that. 

The latest eco-zombies map "Outbreak" did not have a satisfying ending, but the reward was new and epic, 5 extra upgrades to any weapon! 

I don't know if i would call the exo zombies reward "epic"  i think we throw that word around a bit to hastily these days.  and i disagree about Mob of the Dead and Origins, as ending the game should never ever be an option in zombies, easter egg or not.  In general i agree with the OP, its time they shake it up and give us some other rewards for doing the story easter eggs.  Moon and Shang had it right (shang especially if you didn't need to do it 4 times for everyone to have the permanent perks)  Id like to see permanent perks as a standard reward in game for doing EE's along with whatever things come from the steps (i.e. hells redeemer, elemental fists, upgraded staffs etc) and then also some unique stuff like weapon skins, calling cards for MP, character customizations for Z's or MP.  just a little extra incentive to do the EE's

If we're discussing the idea award here it is: 

One of these: 

-You gain all perks infinitely 

-You unlock an epic new weapon

-You unlock a new section of the map good for training (origins did this with the falling rock room)

Along with: 

-You gain a part of the easter egg you need for the BIG group easter egg (i.e. MOON and Buried) 

- What you did can be analyzed  at @PINNAZ levels to predict the next map. 

Moon is really the only one I like doing more than once. It's simple and doesn't take an incredible amount of time to complete in addition to it's amazing in game reward (never would've got to round 40 co-op without it).

CotD is also fine, but the reward isn't that special.

Shang and Origins were fun the first time, but I dread doing either one again. Especially shang. I do parts of the origins one when I play. All the other ones kinda sucked.

In terms of what should be added.... I don't know. Maybe unlock an extra area to roam around in with it's own unique items? I feel like that could be pretty cool.

Moon is really the only one I like doing more than once. It's simple and doesn't take an incredible amount of time to complete in addition to it's amazing in game reward (never would've got to round 40 co-op without it).

CotD is also fine, but the reward isn't that special.

Shang and Origins were fun the first time, but I dread doing either one again. Especially shang. I do parts of the origins one when I play. All the other ones kinda sucked.

In terms of what should be added.... I don't know. Maybe unlock an extra area to roam around in with it's own unique items? I feel like that could be pretty cool.

See I think differently. 

Yes, the whole astronaut taking your perks thing was annoying...  SUCH a relief to finally ditch his perk-thievery. 

COTD's reward was AMAZING the first time you did it. 

Shangri-la I could only play if I was doing the easter egg, and Origins the same. The maps by themselves seemed so bland without attempting it. Like the maps were over before they even began. 

The rewards for any and all Easter eggs should always be

• Something unique and unatainable outwith the EE, ie: Wunderwaffe on CotD, more than 4 perks and permanent on Moon.
  • Something that is not overshadowed or made underwhelming by in-game features.
  • Not forced so it is down to the player whether they choose to do it, though something that feels worthwhile, ie: Moons EE.
  • An EE that can be done with any number of players, though this would pose an issue with permanent perks.

Moon still to this day has the best EE by far and the one that made the most sense in doing every game you played. You could play without it but the manner in which Jugg was placed on the map meant it was an EE you pretty much considered as necessary. It was also fun how you could play on while doing it for the most part so there was not too much delay in holding zombies.

All of the N4 EE's on BO2 were pretty terrible. Not the steps, though they were a bit undersirable, but the rewards themselves. None were unique or even necessary in order to make life easier on the players. In fact they were actually an unneccessary burden.

Origins and MotD were more forced upon the player and although fun for a while they started getting repetitive and annoying. Although Origins is a lot of fun I would prefer that they never make them in that way again. Maps need to be able to be played with or without but with the EE being worth the effort to the player(s) if time permits.

I hated the N4's easter eggs, on tranzit you got basically nothing but some cool lights, on die rise you got all perks which WERN'T permanent and could be obtained through the jumpers easily, and the buried one gave you the permanent in the perks, but it's just SO hard to do that last step no one even bothers. I haven't done the Tranzit, Die rise, or Buried easter eggs since 2013, but I try to do the Origins and Mob of the Dead easter eggs EVERY game I play of it! 

And I agree about one thing: If trayarch has learned anything from Black ops 2. It's that we DON'T like having the easter egg SHOVED in our face like seth rogan's belly in ANY movie he's in.