Agonia Maxis and his influence

RadZakpak

• Moderators

For this theory, I recommend having a background knowledge of the Third Maxis theory, which I document in this thread. To recap, the theory goes that the Ludvig Maxis of the Agonia Fracture, the one who created S.O.P.H.I.A., abandoned the fracture at some point and created Zero Base, where he store artifacts from across dimensions. I'd like to push this theory further after doing some exploring in the map Revelations, and say he was pulling even more strings behind the scenes.

There are many strange differences between the versions of maps seen in Revelations and their original counterparts. To name a few, there's the appearance of components for a Keeper altar scattered around, there's WW2 German Trucks in Origins, Statues of Primis seemingly behind Shang, a depiction of the Great War in Kino, jungle fauna and a waterfall around Verruckt, Zetsubou pods in Verruckt, a patient being experimented on in Mob, and Group 935-marked panels with icons denoting the locations around the map, locations that do not belong together:

1f7e3985-8de1-4c83-a064-83228e0b0190.png

What connects all of these separate locations together? Why do they all seem to be linked, with all their leylines converging on Nacht in the center? I've discussed Nacht in other threads before, but I want to propose that Revelations was created by Agonia Maxis.

The main evidence I'd propose is Sophia's connection to Revelations. During the easter egg we acquire three audio reels telling the story of how Sophia was killed by Maxis and placed into a machine to become S.O.P.H.I.A. To acquire the final reel, we must collect her scattered bones around different locations and recreate her body, before finally summoning her robotic form. Who would even have access to her corpse to scatter her bones in the first place besides Agonia Maxis? In addition, the teleporter present in Kino has a slot at the top designed for S.O.P.I.A. to interact with, so it stands to reason the teleporter was created with her in mind.

So why would Maxis be at all the locations in Revelations? First, begin with the mashup of Shangri-La, Der Eisendrache, and Kino der Toten. I believe that their connection tells a story of Maxis' discovery of The Great War and descent into madness. It begins with Shangri-La; In the original timeline, Maxis does not seem to know about Shangri-La or the MPD on the Moon, but in the fractures, that does not seem to be the case necessarily. Gorod Krovi, a map with S.O.P.H.I.A. that Maxis most definitely knew about, has monitors showing the lunar base. Richtofen does not seem to be in the picture in the fracture where this Maxis originated, and that may mean he was the one sent to the Moon, and then to Shangri-la. There he discovered the ruins of a temple, and statues of Primis. (As an aside, maybe this is where the 31-79 JGb215 truly comes from, since Richtofen says that he never knew his own Maxis had completed the design, and it is acquired through the mystery box.)

After this discovery and Maxis' new path revealed, Group 935 was then given Griffin Castle, which held more artifacts from the Great War, along with statues of Keepers. This is where Maxis' obsession with the ancients and the Great War began. And this is why, when he is stationed at Kino der Toten, he commissions the artistic depiction of the Great War, and why he does something so abhorrent, murdering Sophia and turning her into an A.I. It is at this point that he learns how to open new worlds.

I believe the scattered Keeper altar pieces could be Maxis' doing. After acquiring the Kronorium, he may have seen his role in the cycle (or what he was led to believe was his role.) He knew he had to plant the seeds in the fragments of the multiverse that would later become Revelations, in order to help Primis (and the Keepers) in defeating the Apothicons later in the cycle. So he traveled to an alternate Verruckt located in the jungle. To Excavation Site 64 during WW2. To Alcatraz prison where he experimented on the prisoners. To Sheffield, England, a facsimile of his other self's home. To Nacht der Untoten, the center of the universe.

Nacht der Untoten BO1.png

Traveling throughout time and space, he acquired artifacts, met with organizations like Broken Arrow, and experimented, creating devices like the tesla coils which can ensnare an Apothicon Elder God. Maybe he even attempted to change the course of history under the pseudonym -- X --. Who really knows all he got up to under the guidance of the Keepers. But one thing is certain, he was a busy, busy man.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Truly the Maxis to make up for all the others, right? Despite his complications he seemed to be doing the genuinely right thing despite how it may look on the surface. Especially the whole murdering Sophia thing. He KNEW she was infected and didn't have long to save her. Just as Richtofen did for Maxis before/during Origins. Is it possible they learned the technique from Agonia Maxis, who used his ability to open new worlds to share his knowledge as far as he could, knowing full well despite their progress the Aether's influence was inevitable.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Carnage Evoker said:

Truly the Maxis to make up for all the others, right? Despite his complications he seemed to be doing the genuinely right thing despite how it may look on the surface. Especially the whole murdering Sophia thing. He KNEW she was infected and didn't have long to save her. Just as Richtofen did for Maxis before/during Origins. Is it possible they learned the technique from Agonia Maxis, who used his ability to open new worlds to share his knowledge as far as he could, knowing full well despite their progress the Aether's influence was inevitable.

Also forgot to mention, but I meant to, I think S.O.P.H.I.A.'s design could be based off of the Vril Egg AI that Maxis would have discovered on the Moon in his fracture.

• Moderators
Just now, RadZakpak said:

Also forgot to mention, but I meant to, I think S.O.P.H.I.A.'s design could be based off of the Vril Egg AI that Maxis would have discovered on the Moon in his fracture.

It's possible. The Egg being duplicated through space would certainly imply it has a process involving spacetime manipulation even to a slight degree.

This is a good topic @RadZakpak. I want to ponder on two things.

The first is Maxis' secret research. After being sent to Der Riese, Maxis establishes Group 935 and brings scientists all over the world to its secret research projects. 

"No one is to know what you do, where you work, our research has uncovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments, or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute."
- Group 935 Manual, Der Riese, (as well as Der Eisendrache)

Maxis asks the scientists for absolute secrecy, yet hides secrets himself, including joining the Nazi cause, as well as his involvement with Monty:

"Hidden deep away in storage was Dr. Maxis' Original Matter Transference Prototype. Apparently, it was one of the items the Americans acquired when splitting Group 935's resources with the Russians. Unsurprisingly, it's in a terrible state of disrepair. Missing pieces, badly damaged, completely non-operational. To be fair, Maxis himself stopped using it after the failure of those initial tests in 1939.

While useless in its current state, it will provide great reference when we begin teleporter development at this facility. One thing I had never noticed before - scratched into the bottom of the machine was a message: "For M, who started me on this Journey."

It struck me as odd… I can't recall anyone at Group 935 who went by that initial. I haven't the faintest idea who Maxis could have been referring to."

- Classified cipher

The original Maxis hides many truths regards the true nature of group 935, and Richtofen uses it to turn the organization on his own, behind Maxis, which has been working on Vril research:

Ultimis Richtofen: "Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends."

Doctor Schuster:  "Dr. Richtofen, I am aware of a project being run by Dr. Maxis at Der Riese concerning Vril."

Edward Richtofen: "As am I. I am going back to my port at Group 935 to continue the charade. I will be finding out just how much information Dr. Maxis has on Vril. Once the machine is operational, I will enact my plan and return. Gentlemen, let the games begin."

I think there's definitely more to Maxis' original story, and that he was the one that dealt all of the unknowns regarding the Kronorium, Base Zero and so. 

I also want to ponder on this part of the post:

1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

After this discovery and Maxis' new path revealed, Group 935 was then given Griffin Castle, which held more artifacts from the Great War, along with statues of Keepers. This is where Maxis' obsession with the ancients and the Great War began. 

We know that Primis told the Wolf king to build Griffin Castle (AKA Eagle's Nest), and as you say the castle has a few artifacts from the Great War. Der Eisendrache also features pack a punch, which looks just as the one in Origins:

OIP.png

maxresdefault.png?width=1197&height=673

While the head with the shining blue eyes is not exactly the same in the two models, they roughly do look the same, and they are both shattered to pieces, which you piece up in order to get the Pack a Punch working, each map with its own methods. And there you have the following PAP quotes:

"I wonder how this Pack-a-Punch machine got broke in the first place"- Dempsey, Der Eisendrache 

"Who could have done this and how can we fix it?"- Nikolai, Der Eisendrache 

And so indeed it seems like a worthy question which I'm gonna try and answer. 

Consider these two quotes from Richtofen in Origins:

"As the 115 generators came online, the appearance of this object shimmered and shifted, as though dropping in and out of reality itself." - Richtofen, Origins

"As the generators fully operational, we can access the ancient device on top the mound! It provides a means to upgrade our weapons!" - Richtofen, Origins

From what it seems, as Origins takes place "on the battlefields of the great war" as well as having the Primis statues, the great war corpses and so on, I think it's fair to assume that the Origins Pack a Punch has been to the Great War. This can be backed-up with the following quote from Origins, suggesting that Maxis predicated the functioning of the Pack a Punch machine, which matches up with all of the Great War knowledge that Maxis was reading in Pablo's Journal, including the ancient staffs and so:

"This machine [Pack a punch] functions just as Maxis predicated"- Richtofen, Origins

Also, with the following further quotes, as well as the extremely close resemblance and background provided above, I think it's also fair to say that the Origins and DE PaP are the same:

"Huh, Oh, I have seen you before, Da?"- Nikolai, Der Eisendrache 

"I haven't seen this model in... I don't know how long"- Dempsey, Der Eisendrache

At the very least, the quotes tell us they have seen DE PAP before. And yet, it got broken somehow. 
The answer eventually seems to lie in another Pack a Punch quote from Der Eisendrache from Dempsey:

"Man, I really messed you up Pack a Punch" - Dempsey, Der Eisendrache

So it seems that Primis, or by the very least Dempsey, have broken the Pack a Punch. I think it is only fitting that it happened in the great war. 

We know by know that Primis' memories are totally messed up, and this seems to be another reflection of it. I want to end with the following Pack a Punch quote of Dempsey which I find related to this topic. 

"Ever feel like you know the answer to a question you don't want to ask?"- Dempsey, Der Eisendrache 

Would you do in Dempsey's place? Ask the question and face the answer, or hold yourself back? I think I would've ask it, looking in the universe in its eyes.  

• Moderators

The Agonia fracture Maxis remains one of the mysterious topics of the story. Not only has whatever butterfly effect led to such a drasticalky altered universe changed the human technological advancement of this time, but Maxis is indeed very aware of Griffin Station and there is no sign of Richtofen. Zero Base is so vague, like it is a dimension to fragile to be sustained, whatever that means, and it is filled with highly-technological cyborg zombies (additional evidence for this Maxis originating from Agonia?). It is curious you bring up the idea that the Vril Sphere could've functioned as a prototype or inspiration for Sophia, as in the comics we see a gigantic Vril Sphere at Zero Base, approximately the same size as Sophia.

Screenshot_20201221-194233~2.png

Alongside the Tranzit busdriver, which, as a basic AI, may have been another inspiration for Maxis while building SOPHIA. We also see the VrilRod which could be used to siphon someone's soul into something...

Screenshot_20201221-194123~2.png

Remember how Maxis ordered Richtofen to kill their Ultimis counterparts exactly at those points in space-time? I didnt understood this, why not simply kill them all four together at the same time. Why so specifically at those places in those moments? Maxis may have done so with an agenda. Because it was, after all, due to these formations of the fractures, that the Agonia fracture was eventually created. A reality in which Maxis could flee away, create Zero Base and "fix" Sophia. Deceptio leads to Proditione, which leads to Agonia. 

Archived