Rate all zombies maps in order of preference!

So I guess this is an expansion of "top 10 maps" threads. You can include the DOA maps if you like but it's not essential since a lot of us don't play DOA.

1) Moon - Always loved this map, perfect balance between complexity and simplicity, many fond co-op memories

2) FIVE - First map that I had online games with my friend on, such memories...

3) Der Riese/The Giant - The W@W version was the first map that got me into zombies after split-screening with my friend

4) Der Eisendrache - Really enjoying this map atm, best map out in a LONG time

5) Ascension - This is the first map in which I started seriously getting into solo, my first round 100 too!

6) Kino - Another map that I played a lot of solo on and learned how to abuse traps

7) Call of the Dead - Enjoyed this map on the whole

8) Shi No Numa - Didn't play this map a great deal but had some good games on it

9) Nacht - HARD, but pretty fun

10) Shangri La - Don't really like the atmosphere on this map, but it's challenging

11) Verruckt - Love the scenery, but it's a bit boring to play

12) Nuketown - Pretty fun, shame there's not much more powerful than the Ray Gun

13) Origins - Decentish, seemed a bit experimental though with a bunch of ideas that didn't really work for me

14) Mob of the Dead - Not bad

15) Buried - Didn't enjoy at all tbh

16) Die Rise - Zzzzzzzz....

17) Tranzit - Piss poor, dreadful idea, the individual Survival maps weren't too bad but very nothingy

18) Shadows of Evil - Hate everything about it, happy to never play it again

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
 1. Tranzit: IMO, the best atmosphere of all zombie maps, and I love the game element of the bus. Also, the map which introduced Zombies for me.

2.  Origins: Never get bored in this map: There are always things you can do here. Also challenging but not too hard.

3. Ascension: This map is quite new for me AND I LOVE IT! Both wide terrain and tight hallways, and the classic zombie atmosphere returns.

4.  Kino: This map is a symbol for CoD zombies. Quite easy, and the last nazi zombie map (except Der Eisendrache).

5.  Buried: A very worked out map, with many details. Very easy, but when you go out of the camp spots, you can explore a huge, challenging map (in the buildings and tunnels).

6. Verrückt: A really scary map, and after Tranzit the best map to play split screen with friends (when you are  segregated by the power-door).

7. Five: First, really challenging, but after you activated the four defqon switches: Lock and load, and get ready to kill.

8. Shi No Numa: The map which gives me the most O4 feeling, if you know what I mean. Not a map you can play for hours, but still a good one.

9.  Moon: Its a bit grey and uncoloured, but its a really  comprehensive map, in both its size and the things you can do. Also, together with Die Rise, the only map which still really challenges me.

10. Shangri La: After SNN, the map with the biggest O4 feeling. One of the only not depressing maps. Oh and I hate the sprinting soundwave zombies.

11. Der Eisendrache: Good atmosphere, but like all bo3 maps, too "shiny". It gives both old game elements back as new ones.

12. Die Rise: Only played this map for a few times at a friend, so I cant really coordinate in here, I dont know the way. Thats a reason why I dont really like it, but I think if I played it more, I would like it. Very hard.

13. Der Riese/ the Giant: First map that introduced PaP! But after played it for some times, I get a bit bored. Still some radios to found.

14. Mob of the Dead: Together with SoE, the "shiniest" map. I dont like that. I also never got into that afterlife thing. Also no O4 or N4. But the map itself I actually liked (a bit).

15. Nacht der Untoten: Challenging and funny to play with friends, but to play seriously and to reach high rounds…..nah.

16. Shadows of Evil: Combined both afterlife/beast (MotD) and generators/rituals (Origins). Both things I didnt like in the previous maps. But I like all the buildings with neon lights. Further, Im not a big fan of it.

17. Dead ops arcade: This is not zombies anymore. But its funny, though.

I never played Call of the Dead

okay I'm going to start from the bottom of the list and work my way up to the number 1 :D

18. Tranzit Do I even need to explain this? 

17. Die Rise I really didn't like the "one-way" aspect of this map. Also waiting for the elevators just gets boring. Also the random perk spawns just make it more frustrating if you're waiting the wrong elevator to come. I like the Sliquifier though.

16. Call Of The Dead isn't actually that bad, but I just prefer other maps over this one :P George Romero is kinda annoying and the wonder weapons are not that great in my opinion. 

15. Nacht Der Untoten This map just lacks so much of things I was already used to when i first played this one. But then again this is the first zombies map etc.

14. Nuketown the random perks just ruins this :(

13. Buried It has a bit too much stuffed in one map. But it introduced an awesome perk (Vulture Aid). And has a lot of innovative stuff going on :)

12. Ascension A bit boring map to be honest. And quite easy. But it's not that memorable otherwise than the space monkey round.

11.  Five This is one of the harder maps for me, but challenge is always nice :) 

10. Shangri-La has great environment in my opinion :) I like it though it's kinda hard. A minus is that when playing with randoms pack-a-punch is quite impossible.

9. Shi No Numa This one's fun and has a great atmosphere and a great EE song :) 

8. Moon probably the map I was hyped over the most when the trailer came out. I like it very much though some things could have been done better. 

7.  Verrüct is all about the atmosphere. It's the creepiest zombies map in my opinion. And has the best EE song :D It's challenging too so it won't get boring.

6. Shadows Of Evil I like how much things there is to do :D I'm not a big fan of the beast mode though, but once you do all that stuff you don't need to use it so it's alright :D I like the boss and the special zombie types :)

5. Kino Der Toten pretty much nostalgia puts Kino this high on the list. 

4. Mob Of The Dead This one also pretty cool looking map and has a lot of things to do :)

3. Origins The staffs, the easter egg, the power punches, der wunderfizz,.. etc. this map is just so much fun :D

2. Der Eisendrachen kinda same feeling as in Origins and probably visually best map so far :)

1. Der Riese has every key elements of zombies and is enough challenging to keep things interesting :D

Edited by jiipee95