T-Virus Thread

@DaveLo07

@83457

As far as the trigger for each of the "Upgrade_Ready" Quotes, I'm pretty sure I've worked them out, as well as stated them somewhere within these forums at some point. Basically it depends on the status of the "Apothicon Egg" when you receive the quote.

The only one I've never been able to get consecutively is the, "Zoroth Orota" quote. This one I feel as if you need to build the "Apothicon Servant" on a parasite/Elemental Round where Maggie also spawns in. Then head to a ritual site and activate it, upon doing so should result in this quote. You shouldn't have to ever fire/feed the "Apothicon Servant" either, Unlike the other 2 quotes.

_______

I've seen the animation for the "Cocoon" & to me it looks like the same thing as Widows Wine. The only difference being the red/Brown color mixed in. With that being said, to me it seems like you need a bunch of keepers together, use widows wine and somehow that'll spawn a cocoon.

I'm not exactly sure but it would make sense being it shoots a red orb once upgraded that's similar to the keepers, and we known that "Arbgwaoth" mean power-up. This immediately makes me think of the Spider Drops from Widows Wine.

Obviously with the release of Der Eisendrache we now know how important the Keepers really are. Which I believe I've said before, their keepers they keep things, everything in Shadows we acquire from them. Why wouldn't we get the "Cocoon" from one either.

• Like 1

Tried another round... started doing the Rituals and open doors and open all the statues before doing the train...opened the one in the rift and random shock 3 signs at the egg door...wtf...i get the right ones and it opened... 

Nice start... going round to get the as

Get 2 quotes

Waited to get a parasite round 

Tried kill with as the parasites while riding... maybe Only standing in the train next time.... 

Called Robot... spend on traps.... sucked up zombies which i hit with ww...started Arch ovum but not finished..

Died about round 22...

While i was lookIng around the map: "only one night"... 3 Different "posters" wool club burelesque boxfight..... What about that?

Edited by Nieno69

@Ragdo11706 yeah, that's what I was trying to get at with the zoroth/keeper quote. It seems inconsistent at best, and there have been games where I have followed an identical pattern to the previous game and not been able to trigger the quote.

@83457 Really good call on the scarab beetle. I had never heard of that before, I have found a way to link that information to an object/item in Shadows, but it is long winded, so I apologise in advance!

Firstly, I finally got an image of the other side of the WW power up. Getting 1st person and the power up to spawn is not easy, this took me 7 hours and 90 rounds to obtain! And its slightly disappointing in that it looks like a closer image of the beetle from the scarab beetle image on the other side of the power up. Scarab amulets were designed like this, with one side representing the beetle and the flat base inscribed with hieroglyphs to form an impression seal.

The scarab beetle relates to the ancient Greek god Ra, and the book of the dead. Ra was believed to roll across the sky each day, transforming bodies and souls. The scarab beetle rolls dung into food and as a chamber to lay eggs that are later transformed into larvae. The scarab was seen as a symbol of this heavenly cycle and the idea of rebirth or regeneration.

Ra/Horus was depicted with the head of a falcoln/hawk and was seen as ruler of the sky and the underworld. I wonder if this is the inspiration for the grapple hook symbols in Shadows of Evil.

il_214x170.909494197_a8h6.jpg

Ra's daughter was called Bastet and was known as the 'cat of Ra'. Statues symbolising the 'cat of Ra' can be bronze or black with the scarab beetle carved on the forehead or wearing a scarab necklace, or wooden statues almost identical to the ones in the Ruby Rabbit in Shadows.

It could just be the use of symbology in certain aspects of the zombies story, and I know people have already tried to interact with the statues, but I think it's as good a lead as any. Maybe the 4 statues have something to do with the upgrade?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0w5z3z0QY500i8i4iTIS

35eff5622816c496dfcadf8328568da3.jpg

• Like 1

@Ragdo11706 I did look at some info regarding the eye of Ra, nothing specific I can really add but as with the scarab beetle, there are a lot of links to rebirth.

That's what I found really intriguing about the scarab beetle. Not only do we have the statues in Shadows that link to this Egyptian mythology, but the amount of links to rebirth, transformation, and larvae which are incorporated in the Apothicon language/ Apothicon Servant. And also links to keepers of the underworld or 'gatekeepers'. The Scarab was seen as a way to help guide souls through the underworld and into the afterlife.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Ragdo11706 I did look at some info regarding the eye of Ra, nothing specific I can really add but as with the scarab beetle, there are a lot of links to rebirth.

That's what I found really intriguing about the scarab beetle. Not only do we have the statues in Shadows that link to this Egyptian mythology, but the amount of links to rebirth, transformation, and larvae which are incorporated in the Apothicon language/ Apothicon Servant. And also links to keepers of the underworld or 'gatekeepers'. The Scarab was seen as a way to help guide souls through the underworld and into the afterlife.

Do the Scarabs go through any kind of Metamorphosis, or Meiosis. I've had a Theory for a long time dealing with exactly that. It would make sense as well being we've got the Embryo, the Larvae, the immature adult. 

Then an Ovum possibly to start the Re-Birth of the Mature Adult.

I know that's probably a long shot, but seems legit to me. ;)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

Scarab beetles do go through metamorphosis. There are 4 stages of development : egg, larva, pupa, adult. Although the larva mainly feed on dung, they are also known to feed on plant roots or carrion (decaying flesh of dead animals).

Haha. Imagine that, plant roots.

I've got too find the post I made where I talked about this exact same thing.

• Like 1

Kor-Maroth, Lor-Zarozzor, Mar-Astagua, Nar-Ullagua.

I've had similar thoughts before but I'm not sure if I've put them together this way:

Taking the assumption of alphabetical order, combined with my barely supportable Kor=1, Mar=3, thesis, we have 1, 2, 3, 4: Kor, Lor, Mar, Nar. Nothing new so far.

Taking my guess that Maroth (3thing) is Lil Arnie, due to the similarity of him to the hieroglyph, and the similarity of Margwa to the Margwa hieroglyph, and the similarity between the 2 creatures (both having 3 'eyes' for Mar).

We have Kor-Maroth = 1-Lil Arnie (Upgrade?). Mar/a/Oth

Lor-Zorozzor = 2-(?) Zor/Oth/Lor(zor?)

Mar-Astagua = 3-Cursed. Ast/a/gua

Nar-Ullagua = 4-Consume. Ulla/gua

----------

So, completely reaching here, maybe the second word is the other upgrades?

This would put Maroth/Arnie as upgrade 1. Now, these often hide on me until round 50 something. But maybe that's because i always do the Trip Mine upgrade early. Maybe we should not do any upgrades until we do them in order.

Okay, so how do we get Astagua or Zorozzor to be Shield or Trip Mines? Astagua/Cursed = MCC Purple (apothicon/Cursed color?) upgrade, or is it Devil-O = cursed? Leaving Zorozzor as Shield?

Ullagua, or the 4th step is consume: that sounds like a job for Apothicon Servant.

So, first upgrade Arnie, then get the Shield done, then get the MCC Trip Mine, then Consume with the Apothicon Servant.

Alternately, LA, TM, RS, AS.

Maybe try each Trip Mine in different games?

This gives 4 options to try. I'll do what i can...

1. LA, TM (mcc), RS, AS.

2. LA, TM (devil-O), RS, AS.

3. LA, RS, TM (mcc), AS.

4. LA, RS, TM (devil-O), AS.

Note that each upgrade may require kills or something, adding to the difficulty.

Thanks for reading and happy gaming!

Edit: 4th step could be swords/consume...

Edited by 83457
Swords

So three Theories left for me....

1: has anyone tried to kill the margwa using the traps?

- i know he teleports...but when he has 1 head left he get "sucked" to the as.... So activate the trap and such it trough it?...

2: Widows wine at the "hill" in front of the pap

- Throw a ww at the Hill and while Holding the as so it "transform" through the web?..maybe a Different place   ?

3. As - kill after second audio cue Zombies parasites and Elementels inside the train (not moving) or wait for meatballs and Zombies to Come in the train - Start the train and then kill them with the as?...

• Like 1

@83457

I've gotta take a picture of my notes, as I had just written the same thing out a few days ago. Upgrading Lil' Arnies, Hollys-Cream-Cakes, however I didn't factor in the Shield, and I think it's a safe bet to say this is the case.

The reason I say do Hollys, is because I feel as if we are actually destroying those particular carts. In return this would leave us with the Devil-O-Doughnut carts. Also once you finish the Hollys, if you look it explodes (lol) in a similar color to the Arnies once upgraded, and the "Apothicon Servant".

The final thing I would add is I believe all of these should be completed before activating the "Apothicon Rift Stone" & opening PaP. 

This would result in the "Transferal of Energy", or the Blue Beams coming from the Gateworms, being there are 4 beams, I would place one gateworm with each upgrade completed.  So as soon as you finish with Lil' Arnie, place your first Gateworm. Then proceed to the next upgrade. 

Finally you would end with building the "Apothicon Servant" acquiring the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote, placing your final Gateworm, and activating the "Apothicon Rift Stone". Thus Transferring all this "Energy" into the PaP and hopefully, resulting in a "Cocoon" spawining in somewhere once the Map changes over to "Red"/"Keepers" color.

Imagine if this crazy ass shit actually worked, you wanna talk about Mind-Fuckery, GG Treyarch!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

That's crazy and just not possible in online game... So I dont think That's the way... Why should 4 Players wait this long so that 1 Player can Upgrade the as... the "kill with as in a place" (e.g. the showers or train) is more likely the way 

Hell yea it's doable in Co-Op, as only one person has to achieve this, which in return leads to building the second form.  But seriously I don't know, whatever the steps may be, they're not going to be easy, not by a long shot. 

We are talking about the greatest, Wunder Weapon in all of Zombies (my opinion of course). Even still you've got to admit it's definitely by far the most Over-Powered of them all, so it's definitely worth it.

I see a majority of players using this on Solo or 2 player Co-Op, so they can both have one. I'm more interested in the Second Form as of now, is it the exact same, or does it have a new effect.

Given the names are combined with another word, I would imagine the effect is different from the Original.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Hell yea it's doable in Co-Op, as only one person has to achieve this, which in return leads to building the second form.  But seriously I don't know, whatever the steps may be, they're not going to be easy, not by a long shot. 

We are talking about the greatest, Wunder Weapon in all of Zombies (my opinion of course). Even still you've got to admit it's definitely by far the most Over-Powered of them all, so it's definitely worth it.

I see a majority of players using this on Solo or 2 player Co-Op, so they can both have one. I'm more interested in the Second Form as of now, is it the exact same, or does it have a new effect.

Given the names are combined with another word, I would imagine the effect is different from the Original.

Yeah but think of play with randoms- why should they wait till u upgraded something to place the gateworms?

So if a teammate place a worm before u update the arnie u can not do it? So if you can not interact with the Worms after placing them i dont think it's the way you have to do

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Yeah but think of play with randoms- why should they wait till u upgraded something to place the gateworms?

So if a teammate place a worm before u update the arnie u can not do it? So if you can not interact with the Worms after placing them i dont think it's the way you have to do

Yea I know, this is the T-Virus Thread so everything we say is about as far fetched as you can get, so don't take anything from here as being actual fact.

Now with that being said, I do think it may end up being something crazy, if not as crazy, as what I posted. More than likely not, but you never know. I will say I've been saying for a while now, that I do believe this is the First time where you can actually "Fail", or progress to far, where the Upgrade can no longer be achieved.

• Like 1

So I definitely think the "Apothicon Servant Upgrade" should be accessible now. The reason being is in the Patch Notes, when pertaining to Shadows it simply says something about, "an Easter Egg being fixed". 

Now the difference is when pertaining to Der Eisendrache, it specifically states, "fixed an issue around the Main Easter Egg". 

________

So a specific "Easter Egg" within Shadows has been fixed, but nothing is ever said about the "Main Easter Egg". This leads me to believe, Treyarch has finally fixed whatever problem there was involved with not being able to achieve this. 

I have a Theory the reason we could "Glitch the Margwa" was in fact due to the "Apothicon Servant Upgrade Quest" being broken. Since you had to build it before placing the Final Gateworm and opening PaP, it makes sense this is the case. 

See in the Patch Notes it was also stated that "an error was resolved for a player to begin an Easter Egg when obtaining a Specific Gun". In the case of glitching the Margwa, you had to obtain a specific gun, before placing the Final gateworm, leading to the Margwa no longer spawning, and the Shadow Man getting stuck.

_______

Also remember we have the "Noire Easter Egg" this is where we get the Black & White filter on the Screen. Well we've never been able to find the end to this specific Easter Egg, when in the coding it's clear theirs definitely a way to end or complete it.

I really think this may actually be how we obtain a "Cocoon". As the player the Map changes and is in Black & White, but once we Transform into the "Beast" the Map changes and turns to Color.

This reminds me a lot of MotD, where we would go into afterlife and could see the Crystal Skulls, but once we turned back into the player we could no longer see them. We just knew of the location where we could throw the Tomahawk. This Easter Egg also led to the "Hidden Blundergat" in the Wardens Office.

So maybe Once in this "Noire Mode" when we Transform into the "Beast" we can find the "Cocoon" and possibly Grapple it. Which is basically the same thing as throwing the Tomahawk to obtain the Crystal Skulls in MotD.

________

Food for thought nonetheless!

*The "Cocoons" not Spawning in, possibly to do with the "Noire Mode" being there's a way to end it, but we've yet to figure it out.

*This is what I was talking about, when building the "Apothicon Servant" before placing the Gateworms, as that's rare and not a lot of people are going to do this outside of Solo.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-21-13-17_1.jpg.976

*This probably pertains to the Gateworm not Spawning. Since it states "Shadows of Evil Easter Egg"

Screenshot_2016-02-08-18-54-15_1.jpg.20f

*Notice the difference where it says Main Easter Egg when talking about the Main Quest.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-18-54-06_1.jpg.fa7

• Like 1
On 2/7/2016 at 3:16 PM, Nieno69 said:

So three Theories left for me....

1: has anyone tried to kill the margwa using the traps?

- i know he teleports...but when he has 1 head left he get "sucked" to the as.... So activate the trap and such it trough it?...

2: Widows wine at the "hill" in front of the pap

- Throw a ww at the Hill and while Holding the as so it "transform" through the web?..maybe a Different place   ?

3. As - kill after second audio cue Zombies parasites and Elementels inside the train (not moving) or wait for meatballs and Zombies to Come in the train - Start the train and then kill them with the as?...

I've tried number 3, but haven't exhausted all possibilities.

I've done number 1 in so many ways. 

I've never tried number 2.

I've had no success finding anything new. 

• Like 1

This game has driven me crazy. Thankfully, it was a short drive to a locale of which I'm very familiar.

-------

Example: yesterday i was by the Canal Devil-O cart. Just outside the map is a broken street light that leans over the water.

I swear it was never there before.

------

More symptoms: Devil-O is an odd name. Backwards, it is Zero-Lived or Oh-lived.

Since there are no olives in the game, we could rule that out.

But Zero-lived? Could that be a clue?

Random: maybe do the Trip Mine upgrade using only Keepers. That could explain the extraneous 4 keepers, just in case, in the subway.

Note that the subway keepers don't trigger the shadowman voice cues like the 'ritual part' keepers do, when they die. They just seem thrown in there. Maybe ambience, maybe they are spares for something like this idea.

-----

I've tried to repeat the loud ding that i got from Trip Mine (MCC BB version) kills. Nothing. Maybe they need to be X number of flyer kills with the TM/BB.

----

I cannot repeat the 'loud confirmation noise' that i got at the Black Lace Altar while killing the keepers with the AS. How i wish that i had theater mode...

Same with the white glowing pods. No repeats, assumed glitch.

On 360, the Black Lace sign letters are different on the right side. It says 'THE LA KLA'. The lil Arnie killer lil Arnie? That or Arnie is part of the Kosovo Liberation Army.

-----

Kill, with every weapon, any creatures near: ?Box, a pod (or multiple pods), Altars, gateworms, red circles, et cetera.

I want the box parasites to come out somehow.

(Looks out window forlornly) "Are we there yet"?

• Like 1

I forgot to post this, which is what i came to post.

After several games, different characters, i keep getting them to say 4 different 'worm placement' sayings, no repeats.

This only happens if you set the worms in the 'flag step/keeper order'. That is, match each worm to the holder which would get that district's Keeper during the flag step.

In short: take worms, one at a time, to the pap room and set them in this exact order:

Standing at Trap, facing PaP, looking over Altar:

Canal/Cop worm Altar right.

Footlight/Dancer worm PaP right.

Nero's Landing/Magician worm PaP left.

Waterfront/Boxer worm Altar left.

Every time that i do this, i get 4 seperate sayings. Nothing negative sounding.

If you do them in a different order, you get repeat sayings on some of the worms.

Not sure if this matters...

• Like 1

So I keep trying to wrap my head around why there are actually "3" different "Cocoons" you can possibly find. Wether or not that be "3" different locations or "3" ways in obtaining one. 

I'm starting to think it's actually just "3" different locations on the map, in which they can spawn. So I have "3" in my head, and thinking of everything to do with "3", why's this significant. 

_________

I seen something, going back to the screenshots I had taken of the recent patch notes, that caught my attention. Now it's been theorized the Upgrade_Ready Quote;

"Zornash, Na'orujja, Zornash"at in fact be translated to, Altar, IDGUN, Altar. 

So as we all know of  course typical "TrollArch" at its finest had to include a shit load of different Altars in Shadows, to make this that much more difficult, as if it weren't already.

So how any different types are there exactly,

• Ritual Altar

• Sword Altar

• Beast Altar

Why is this important, 1 of 2 reasons, there's a chance the "Cocoon" could spawn at one of these "3" locations, or out of the "3" only 1 is important. 

Now with the Sword Altar, Nero has a quote upon placing the Egg back in it to the effect of, "Eggs must've been in mind during the design of this Altar."

As you know we have to obtain "3" Symbols from a specific location in order to access this. We also have to use the "Beast Altar" to access it. 

The important part of this I believe, is figuring out what the "3" Symbols mean, as there are 9 of them, which is divisible by "3", then applying that to a specific "Beast Altar", which there happens to be 15 of which again is divisible by "3".

Now the combination of the "3" Symbols we obtain on the Tram is astonishing. I have an entire sheet full of #'s 1-9, of every game I've played and obtained these "3" Symbols. Only a couple times, have I ever got the exact same #'s, Even then I'm not sure if the Windows were the same.

_________

I noticed earlier while playing, after obtaining the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote, the more I used the "Apothicon Servant" upon firing, there seems to be Red mixed in with the Purple, but why.

Now, going off the "3" rule, we can have a max of "3" Beast uses at any one given time, where we can use "3" different "Beast Altars" in the Same round. Those of which, turn from "Purple" to "Red".

If "Noire Mode" somehow is involved, it makes sense being that once we use a "Beast Altar" we see color once again. There's a certain trigger, (I would definitely have to test further upon), which nullifies this affect, making even the Beast, Colorblind. There's also an ending to "Noire Mode" which we've yet to find. Which I think consists of "3" possible coordinates (however I can't be for sure).

*I used to call them Basins, but as you can see they are indeed "Altars".

Screenshot_2016-02-08-21-13-17_2.jpg.6bd

*Does anyone know what this particular visual issue could be.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... you can have 3 beasts if you play solo... 

If you Talk about the swordaltar... after you open it the next round the signs are back in place - you can zap them but nothing happens - so to my question: how do the signs in the Windows look in beastmode? Do they change? 

About the purple signs(beast fire) turn Red - That's a thing i never give attention to... is there a District where are only 3 fireplaces?

E.g. junction are three if you take the Starting room the one at the stamin up and downstairs in the underground

The District with the ruby rabbit are 4? (2 at ruby rabbit 1 at the entrance to the District and 1 at the lion heads)

Same as canals(boxing)- there are 5?

the burlesque  i count 3? One at the entrance 1 at the kn44 and one where you get the piece for the robot....

But if u use all 3 in one round....nothing happens right? Maybe you need the right Moment to do this...after the Quote maybe?  

Edited by Nieno69
Reason: Very Bad english
  • Like 1

Shubozzor Ullagua 

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_APOTHICON_0

Ullamargor Zortuk 

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_APOTHICON_1

Astanar Nethurgast 

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_APOTHICON_2

Maroth Zorguamat

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_APOTHICON_3

Kreesaleet la Ahmahm

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_KEEPER_0

Kreelasha lu Ahmkhaaleet

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_KEEPER_1

Goahlo lu Kortahn

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_KEEPER_2

Shaitahn lu Kreemahogra

ZMWEAPON_GLAIVE_KEEPER_3

Urgnar-Maroth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_1

Arkorgua-Astagua

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_2

Gortar-Ullaqua

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_3

Ullamargor-Zarozzor

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_4

Urgnar-Maroth Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_UPGRADED_1

Arkorgua-Astagua Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_UPGRADED_2

Gortar-Ullaqua Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_UPGRADED_3

Ullamargor-Zarozzor Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN2_UPGRADED_4

Kor-Maroth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_1

Mar-Astagua

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_2

Nar-Ullaqua

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_3

Lor-Zarozzor

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_4

Kor-Maroth Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_UPGRADED_1

Mar-Astagua Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_UPGRADED_2

Nar-Ullaqua Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_UPGRADED_3

Lor-Zarozzor Arbgwaoth

ZMWEAPON_IDGUN_UPGRADED_4

So this may be a bit of a stretch, but going off the code, it seems like we would have to do everything for the Apothicons, while not doing anything for the Keepers.

This is going off the Apothicon Sword - Ullamargor Zortuk & the Apothicon Servant 2 - Ullamargor Zarozzor.

Basically this would become our reward for helping release them, possibly.

I've never tried it, but I wonder if possibly, doing all the Rituals in a single round, keeping the Margwa alive the entire time, and opening PaP as well, would change anything. You would probably have to have the Sword as well.

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Like 2