Very Basic Discussion "Pack a Punch"

Hey Gang..... LOOOOONNNGGGG Time Zombie lover.... took a break between Black ops 1 and Black ops 2,  Sorry you Tranzit Fans....but that killed Zombies for me.... Than SOE got me back..... But I will say.... Kino, Asscension , COTD,  and Verruct and  will always have a special place in my heart....

OK..... for my side discussion...... I tried to do a quick "Forum Search" about the Pack a Punch,  but to no avail, I am sure this was brought up years ago, discussed and maybe forgotten.  I could not find anything recently about it. Shadows of Evil really got me thinking about the PAP yet again........ As we know its a portal that is setup but in all the other maps it use the Teleporter to a PAP machine.  Before I go any further, if this has been discussed please link me and you can stop here...  If not and you want to continue this conversation, please feel free....

So SOE being an alternate universe and an alternate way of using the PAP,  My question is while its an alternate universe, is the PAP linked to one location as it does the same effect to the Guns.  What I mean is I am assuming the gun gets upgraded by someone or something and its upgraded somewhere.... Is the Somewhere a specific consistent space that links all the "Multiverses"?

Secondly.... The choice of names for the guns,  while its fun to see them upgraded,  Does the names hold relevance to the maps its self, or to something specific.  While this one I am totally shooting from the hip,  Specifically,  Kino and the 1911 is upgraded to "Mustang and Sally", SOE, the Bloodhound is upgraded to "Meat Wagon"  I know this is totally over reading into this but..... I am curious if this will help give more indication of location or multiverse location etc.

The Wonder Weapon in SOE and even the Swords have unique names (Sorry need to read up about those) but I am wondering if clues for Easter eggs are over looked over this simple machine..... I wonder if we have not actually asked the question about it, rather than just taking the machine for what its worth, I googled,  and You-tubed,  it trying to find a discussion about it, and nothing...

1) WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PAP MACHINE

2) WHAT IS PAP MACHINE SOE as its different from all other maps

3) HOW DOES A GUN GET PAP,  Machine does the work,  does it go to another dimension,  what?

4) NAME, How are the names given, is there any correlation to the map or gun for the names

OK going to take a break... please enlighten me! Thanks!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The basic idea of the PaP, to my understanding, is that you place your desired gun and retrieve a different version of it from the machine. This concept is used throughout the entire series as Voyager describes. The PaP is in every map so far even with its variations. The variations in the gun are allegedly from a different time or realm. I suppose the most simple answer possible in order to understand the PaP is to view the SoE PaP as its most primitive form. The Advanced form uses technology capable of manipulating time and space much to the ilk of our Primitive form that directly manipulated time and space. This is the way I've come to view the PaP machine and I hope that this is accurate and interesting enough to be at the least partly true.

2 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

All of these universes span from a singular universe so PaP is similar in each dimension because of that.

Ok. this does make sense and this is kind of what I was thinking.... While the PaP is different from Multiverse to Multiverse, in essence the affect of the gun is the same and affected by the Singular universe.

In other words the PaP is the constant...the one thing that doesnt change.  Does anyone know where or what universe this is?  WHAT is causing the upgraded guns?

1 hour ago, DrVonstool said:

The basic idea of the PaP, to my understanding, is that you place your desired gun and retrieve a different version of it from the machine. This concept is used throughout the entire series as Voyager describes. The PaP is in every map so far even with its variations. The variations in the gun are allegedly from a different time or realm. I suppose the most simple answer possible in order to understand the PaP is to view the SoE PaP as its most primitive form. The Advanced form uses technology capable of manipulating time and space much to the ilk of our Primitive form that directly manipulated time and space. This is the way I've come to view the PaP machine and I hope that this is accurate and interesting enough to be at the least partly true.

AHHHH I do remember somewhere, saying that SOE happens before Kino,  so SOE is older.  Is that why the PaP is "primitive" with the tentacle and the portal?

Again has there been an in-depth discussion about the actual PaP machine, Do you think the origin of the Machine or location that the weapons are "upgraded" have any affect to the Storyline and or even "Easter Eggs" that TreyArc has stated we have not found?

Its the Prime universe as I call it, theres a blue earth shown on that note from SoE that I think shows how the multiverse works, I have a weird theory on all that but basically there is one world, all others span from it and are created as variants of it but keep constants.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Its the Prime universe as I call it, theres a blue earth shown on that note from SoE that I think shows how the multiverse works, I have a weird theory on all that but basically there is one world, all others span from it and are created as variants of it but keep constants.

Voyager, I had to start catching up and saw a couple of your post and started to catch on, about a couple of your theories, I will be keeping my eyes on it.

I just feel uneasy lately about the PaP machines.  It seems such an important tool in the Game yet, people seem to have just taken it like a perk machine, nothing more dispenses something,  yet the PaP machine changes a weapon where the Perk Bottles were made and finite, its sits there without changing.  But the PaP, it moves around, it changes multiple weapons etc etc.... I just feel like we are forgetting or leaving something out.....

PS Voyager, DAMN Love your Sig!...that is one cool Picture (FMA, is definitely one of my top 3 Animes)

The names don't really mean much on PaP weapons. They are usually just an extended acronym of the name (RPG = Rocket Propelled Grievance), something to do with the original guns name (Stakeout = Raid), something completely random and cool sounding (MP40 = The Afterburner), or even popular references (Shieva = Cumulus Struggle (A reference to Cloud Strife, FFVII protagonist).

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

@Nightmare Voyager I heard Richtofen mention a blacksmith from the old west. I immediately thought of buried <_<. Maybe they are trying to say that the scientist in the lore of Buried created the PaP?

It's certainly possible, but it's odd to refer to Michael Faraday as a blacksmith... Like that just doesn't really make sense considering all of his accomplishments in science and not in crafting, so it's hard to say who that person was.  An interesting thing to think about would be what if Maxis went to Buried after being teleported and built the Pack-a-Punch while there, making him the blacksmith.  Not saying I think this is the case, but it's interesting to think about.

10 hours ago, Tac said:

It's certainly possible, but it's odd to refer to Michael Faraday as a blacksmith... Like that just doesn't really make sense considering all of his accomplishments in science and not in crafting, so it's hard to say who that person was.  An interesting thing to think about would be what if Maxis went to Buried after being teleported and built the Pack-a-Punch while there, making him the blacksmith.  Not saying I think this is the case, but it's interesting to think about.

I don't think Richtofen would refer to any version of him as a blacksmith either, or that he went to Buried. Even so, in this timeline it looks like Samantha is in the cave Maxis was- as he was in a cave not a town since he does not mention a town. The blacksmith was probably just a blacksmith. You have Dr.Monty making the perks and this blacksmith making the utilities, Treyarch are just trying to tie up loose ends so they gave Richtofen that line.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I don't think Richtofen would refer to any version of him as a blacksmith either, or that he went to Buried. Even so, in this timeline it looks like Samantha is in the cave Maxis was- as he was in a cave not a town since he does not mention a town. The blacksmith was probably just a blacksmith. You have Dr.Monty making the perks and this blacksmith making the utilities, Treyarch are just trying to tie up loose ends so they gave Richtofen that line.

I was wondering that as well, and I suppose one could easily say that they weren't aware of who the man really was, so they called him that.  Doesn't make either theory any more plausible as another since it applies to both, but meh.  Why do you suggest Samantha was in the Buried cave?

41 minutes ago, Tac said:

I was wondering that as well, and I suppose one could easily say that they weren't aware of who the man really was, so they called him that.  Doesn't make either theory any more plausible as another since it applies to both, but meh.  Why do you suggest Samantha was in the Buried cave?

Well Richtofen alludes to someone else being in control in the Giant, the flytrap is by Maxis and controlled from his dimension and the new Moon loading screen, Sams no longer shown on the moon but a orange cave.

• Administrators

Well Richtofen alludes to someone else being in control in the Giant, the flytrap is by Maxis and controlled from his dimension and the new Moon loading screen, Sams no longer shown on the moon but a orange cave.

That orange cave is the Shangri-La loading screen, and I believe it signifies Mars instead of the Moon.

17 hours ago, Tac said:

Just for fun, I looked up "Blacksmith" as a definition and also Looked UP Michael Faraday

"Faraday's breakthrough came when he wrapped two insulated coils of wire around an iron ring, and found that upon passing a current through one coil a momentary current was induced in the other coil.[2] This phenomenon is now known as mutual induction.[44] The iron ring-coil apparatus is still on display at the Royal Institution. "

Definition of blacksmith

1. :  a person who makes or repairs things made out of iron

What if Michael Faraday being involved in the Teleporters and the PaP earned him some kind of nickname,   The Coils from the Teleport and the talk about current and electromagnetic fields are derived from Faraday discovery?

Outside of that...... Someone had to create the PaP.... in the "Multiverse" the need arouse to have a powerful upgraded weapon.  I wonder if we pull this thread... were it would lead us..

2 hours ago, Tac said:

That orange cave is the Shangri-La loading screen, and I believe it signifies Mars instead of the Moon.

Nope. Its the same loading screen, Shangri La comes before Moon and its also nowhere to be found on that loading screen.

• Administrators

Nope. Its the same loading screen, Shangri La comes before Moon and its also nowhere to be found on that loading screen.

Whats?  I'm confused with what you're saying.  The section of the new Moon loading screen that has Samantha in what appears to be an orange cave is not Buried. The orange wall of rock lines up perfectly with the Shangri-La loading screen, and I've presented what I believe to be a strong Shangei-La and Mars connection.  Therefore, I believe that that section of loading screen is her dominion on Mars.  Even if not true, that's irrelevant to our current conversation I suppose, as we were talking about just the loading screens themselves.

2 hours ago, Exactice_808 said:

Just for fun, I looked up "Blacksmith" as a definition and also Looked UP Michael Faraday

"Faraday's breakthrough came when he wrapped two insulated coils of wire around an iron ring, and found that upon passing a current through one coil a momentary current was induced in the other coil.[2] This phenomenon is now known as mutual induction.[44] The iron ring-coil apparatus is still on display at the Royal Institution. "

Definition of blacksmith

1. :  a person who makes or repairs things made out of iron

What if Michael Faraday being involved in the Teleporters and the PaP earned him some kind of nickname,   The Coils from the Teleport and the talk about current and electromagnetic fields are derived from Faraday discovery?

Outside of that...... Someone had to create the PaP.... in the "Multiverse" the need arouse to have a powerful upgraded weapon.  I wonder if we pull this thread... were it would lead us..

That's very interesting, I'll have to think that over.  Thanks for the information.

1 minute ago, Tac said:

Whats?  I'm confused with what you're saying.  The section of the new Moon loading screen that has Samantha in what appears to be an orange cave is not Buried. The orange wall of rock lines up perfectly with the Shangri-La loading screen, and I've presented what I believe to be a strong Shangei-La and Mars connection.  Therefore, I believe that that section of loading screen is her dominion on Mars.  Even if not true, that's irrelevant to our current conversation I suppose, as we were talking about just the loading screens themselves.

New Moon loading screen

Spoiler

hAGKblZ.jpg

Shangri La loading screen

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh yeah it does line up. What I meant though is that it isn't a rip, thats what I thought you meant. Like its weird that its Shangri La which is before Moon is being shown on the same loading screen. I know its not Buried, I never said it was. Also Shangri La is not on Mars, jeez we are still on that? Seriously, thats like something people joke about in the community. Its in the Himalayas (Shown literally by the coordinates that the Shrink Ray gives). Even RadAustins27 who was big on that theory even went to great lengths to disprove it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZicariPRk the eclipse thing sells it. Her or Shangri La being on mars makes no sense, although their are some links.

In fact I guarantee that Maxis got teleported to Shangri La, into a cave, in the radios and now their is a Sam there instead. It explains how he made the Babymaker actually. Thats quite awesome actually, it makes sense teleporter wise too considering that it only ever seemed to teleport to the Moon and Shangri La, so it split between Sam and Maxis. Originally Sam went to the Moon and Maxis to a cave in the Himalayas known as Shangri La. But in this other universe, things happened differently so they switched locations. So could Maxis now be in control since he got put on the Moon? Richtofen alluded to someone else being in control so I definitely think Samantha isn't, especially with the flytrap.

Also its not really off topic since that blacksmith is hinted at from being Buried and its important to know where that cave is and if it related to Buried since we are definitely getting a Moon remake in the future.

• Administrators

Regarding the Mars topic, you're putting words in my mouth.  I haven't suggested that the map is on Mars, and I agree with all the things you said above.  I only meant that in there was a connection of some sort, which you seem to agree with.

As for the rest of that, it's certainly possible.  I've personally believed the new Moon loading screen was intended in a way that didn't make it canon.  I'm not convinced yet that it's important.  If he did get teleported to the Moon and is the controller for that reality, I don't see the relevance of it.  We likely won't have anything to do with that reality. 

Good discussion here with some cool story links. 

The quote about the "Blacksmith from the Old West" making the "Modern Day" Pack-a-Punch should be definetly linked to the Blacksmiths shop in Buried. Interesting story link there. 

There is also quotes about the Gobble Gum machine being invented in America. With that, we can also assume that Dr Monty is also responsible for creating the Perk-a-Cola machines. as we see the perk bottles in his factory. 

As for the the origin of the Pack-a-Punch, let's look at the Origins Machine. I can't quote exactly, but there are multiple character quotes regarding its history. We have to power the 115 Generators to put the "Ancient Stones" back together. So it requires a lot of 115. 

I have been thinking that the Origins Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by "The Ancient Order of the Keepers".

And the Shadows of Evil Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by the "Apothicons"

The "Modern Day" Pack-a-Punch Machine was created by the "Blacksmith from the Old West"

1 hour ago, Tac said:

Regarding the Mars topic, you're putting words in my mouth.  I haven't suggested that the map is on Mars, and I agree with all the things you said above.  I only meant that in there was a connection of some sort, which you seem to agree with.

As for the rest of that, it's certainly possible.  I've personally believed the new Moon loading screen was intended in a way that didn't make it canon.  I'm not convinced yet that it's important.  If he did get teleported to the Moon and is the controller for that reality, I don't see the relevance of it.  We likely won't have anything to do with that reality. 

I am not putting words into your mouth I genuinely read it and thought thats what you said. Although you technically did saying that she is on Mars in that scene that shows Shangri La. So how does that work if it isn't on Mars? It definitely is not on Mars. But theirs obviously something to do with it, I still don't know what though.

Also that new moon loading screen is this timeline, the Giant one. Its in the same comic book. Also I can guarantee without a doubt that will be a remade map in the DLC, although I think the temple might be accessible too, because all of those months back. So long ago when the DICE Summit, their was the new Der Riese loading screen. I so strongly thought their would be a remake of it. I was right too, their is no need to create this loading screen and show what it shows without it being a map, even with the storyline it shows. Although it would be a remake along with other maps. Treyarch have please fans so much with BO3. I bet they are going to do another Rezzurection set in this universe.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I am not putting words into your mouth I genuinely read it and thought thats what you said. Although you technically did saying that she is on Mars in that scene that shows Shangri La. So how does that work if it isn't on Mars? It definitely is not on Mars. But theirs obviously something to do with it, I still don't know what though.

Also that new moon loading screen is this timeline, the Giant one. Its in the same comic book. Also I can guarantee without a doubt that will be a remade map in the DLC, although I think the temple might be accessible too, because all of those months back. So long ago when the DICE Summit, their was the new Der Riese loading screen. I so strongly thought their would be a remake of it. I was right too, their is no need to create this loading screen and show what it shows without it being a map, even with the storyline it shows. Although it would be a remake along with other maps. Treyarch have please fans so much with BO3. I bet they are going to do another Rezzurection set in this universe.

That may have been the theory in its primacy, but it was changed to a more sensible one.  And something worth pointing out is that the Loading Screen is not the same time as the map, so most of the reasons you give for Shangri-La not being on Mars are besides the point.  I argue that at the time of the loading screen, it's on Mars, not that it's there when we play there.  However, that's what most people assume.

And it very well may deal with that timeline, but we don't know.  There's little true evidence to suggest it belongs to that one over any other.

Just now, Tac said:

That may have been the theory in its primacy, but it was changed to a more sensible one.  And something worth pointing out is that the Loading Screen is not the same time as the map, so most of the reasons you give for Shangri-La not being on Mars are besides the point.  I argue that at the time of the loading screen, it's on Mars, not that it's there when we play there.  However, that's what most people assume.

And it very well may deal with that timeline, but we don't know.  There's little true evidence to suggest it belongs to that one over any other.

How is it on mars? The temples are in the himalayas, they don't teleport to Mars. The loading screen isn't the same time but that does not mean it can move planets. That is grasping at far too many straws storyline wise. Their is no reason for it either, it would complicate an already complicated story to a point beyond belief. Anyways all of the proof in Radaustins video literally shows its not on Mars. Its impossible for the map to be on Mars and definitely for the loading screen considering it has the same eclipse.

Also their is so much proof for it being the same timeline in game and in the loading screens, it would take me so long to list them all. We are getting a Moon remake. If not, I will eat my socks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

How is it on mars? The temples are in the himalayas, they don't teleport to Mars. The loading screen isn't the same time but that does not mean it can move planets. That is grasping at far too many straws storyline wise. Their is no reason for it either, it would complicate an already complicated story to a point beyond belief. Anyways all of the proof in Radaustins video literally shows its not on Mars. Its impossible for the map to be on Mars and definitely for the loading screen considering it has the same eclipse.

Also their is so much proof for it being the same timeline in game and in the loading screens, it would take me so long to list them all. We are getting a Moon remake. If not, I will eat my socks.

I'm not debating whether we'll get a remake; I'm debating whether it'll be in the same timeline as The Giant.  But, only time will tell.