Annoying glitch I've encountered

First off, I'd like to mention that I haven't been on this forum in so long! It feels great to come back! I think I haven't made a post since the Letters of the Field for Origins were coming out. 

Now, whenever I play Shadows I've encountered a glitch where when I do a  ritual, the vibration and screen shaking continues even after it's over. This can be very annoying and makes me want to not do rituals completely. I also have an issue where my controller makes me turn on its own. Apparently this is caused by the controller itself and I may need a replacement but I really need a temp fix for this. Would love some help, thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SirPlasticDucky said:

Would I lose any save files? I haven't done any campaign so surely not much

Maybe.

It may also be from an update that glitched. Try deleting the game updates first, then let them reinstall.

If you didn't originally have the issue, i would blame that first.

I've had both of these happen to me. The screen shake seems easily fixed by just doing another ritual, but the controller one is a massive problem.

The very first day, I got my bo3 ps4 bundle, and was playing and noticed it doing almost 180 degree turns every hour or so. It happened very often, so I tried my other 3 controllers,  one that was still in its box, after all there could have been a manufacturing defect with my bundled controller. Nothing changed, 4 controllers, two of them literally out of the box, it's a game issue, not a controller issue.

My friend has had it happen to him a couple of times as well. It is terrible because there is no way to prepare for it. It's ended multiple games for me, although thankfully only one game that was high enough to care about.

And before someone asks if I bought all my controllers from the same store, the answer is not even in the same city, or year. 2 from EB (ps4 bundle, launch ps4), 2 from Walmart ( boxing day). 

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

So I've had the Screen Shake after a Ritual. That being said, in all the times I've played SoE (something like 500+) I've only had this occur once. For me with the amount of Bugs, Glitches, Lighting Glitches, & every other thing wrong. I figured it was another small E.E. Kind of similar to the Chang's Laundry Ticket.

As for my controller turning around on me. I've yet to experience this one (Thank God). That seems like a recent patch may be what's causing it.

• 2 months later...

I've been watching this glitch, and I'm experiencing it right now.

I think what is causing it is a jump at the wrong time (possibly a teleport can do it too).

If you jump right as the shaking should end, it glitches. It just happened on the pap ritual, the margwa didn't fix it. I'm trying to find some other way to stop it.

I think that that is the cause, I'll keep watching, please check this out and give feedback as well.

13 hours ago, 83457 said:

I've been watching this glitch, and I'm experiencing it right now.

I think what is causing it is a jump at the wrong time (possibly a teleport can do it too).

If you jump right as the shaking should end, it glitches. It just happened on the pap ritual, the margwa didn't fix it. I'm trying to find some other way to stop it.

I think that that is the cause, I'll keep watching, please check this out and give feedback as well.

I had it happen the other day again, I never did jump, it just got stuck. 

However I finally realized he way to fix it, once I finally got all the gateworms, upon placing the first one, it went away. I noticed when placing the second the screen has a similar effect.

47 minutes ago, 83457 said:

This happened during the pap ritual (the 5th/last). I couldn't find a cure for it after that, but the game glitched and ended, so i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Yea makes sense, bc you already placed a Gateworm.

Speaking of your 1 & done occurrences on Tranzit 2.0 this seems like another one. I had it happen before, then never again in all those games I played. I just recently deletedt files from my game, as you know, and now it finally happened again for some odd reason.