The Return of Black Ops iOS

• Administrators

So, out of curiosity, I downloaded BO iOS today-the game that never worked. Initially, iOS couldn't handle it, and as of a couple months ago, the app wouldn't even load. However, some time since then, it has been restored, and I have only come across one glitch, which is a menu button that can crash the app. But it's not gamebreaking. And far from being too heavy for the iPhone to handle, I played seamlessly on Ascension for 22 rounds. Hey, if you enjoy zombies the way I do, you just might too. Heheh. Fun stuff. Way too easy. But fun when the Xbox isn't available.

So looks like with all the marketing they're doing, they're gonna try to get back into the mobile platform. No surprise there.

Title.thumb.jpg.4bdb37137a213a7d32583e93

Menu_1.thumb.jpg.c340a09db75ee782e398e1e

Menu_2.thumb.jpg.909f95206dd2de464a48047

Gameplay.thumb.jpg.fcdff3667741d6463a2d9
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is going to be difficult if you are thinking along the lines of what they did before. If anything there will be different maps on mobile, rather than say Shadows of Evil.

• Administrators

That is going to be difficult if you are thinking along the lines of what they did before. If anything there will be different maps on mobile, rather than say Shadows of Evil.

I agree. While it wouldn't surprise me if a new 'zombies' app came out, it would probably be more like the DS version-unrelated, generic, basic survival maps. 

Yes, there's a reason all the BO2 maps aren't on mobile. The phones just aren't powerful enough.

I have World at War on my mobile, an it's good fun if, like you said, your 360 isn't near. I liked the ability too, where you can save your game and come back to it the next time.

• Administrators

Yes, there's a reason all the BO2 maps aren't on mobile. The phones just aren't powerful enough.

I have World at War on my mobile, an it's good fun if, like you said, your 360 isn't near. I liked the ability too, where you can save your game and come back to it the next time.

I heard there was some official talk of that, but yeah, either some small thing is in the works (maybe just the BO2 survival maps and Turned) or they just concluded it wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't be to hyped about BO2 iOS anyhoo. I don't even really play it on console. 

Agreed about the save game. While I can understand why there isn't a save game feature on console (people at round bajillion) I would still like them to integrate that. Putting an unmistakeable emblem on the screen to indicate the number of times a game has been saved might be a good fix for people bragging about high rounds when it's only because of the save feature.  

I think something like Dead Ops Arcade would be good on IOS. Makes sense really too. They could do a few DOA maps for IOS exclusively, I think that would be nice.

Yeah, a little top-down shooter to promote Black Ops 3 would be good. It could be interesting too, if the maps were mini versions of Black Ops 3 maps.

• Administrators

I think something like Dead Ops Arcade would be good on IOS. Makes sense really too. They could do a few DOA maps for IOS exclusively, I think that would be nice.

the original is on Black Ops iOS. But I agree, DOA2 would (presumably) fit right in if they wanted to focus the iOS version on overhead gaming. 

It was broken? Both always worked on my iPod and iPhone. Anyway, they were good for what they were. I especially enjoyed Dead Ops in the Black Ops one, I felt it was almost a better fit for mobile than the game. I didn't really enjoy CotD on it though and that's why kind of got me out of playing it. The WaW maps were fun, also good fits for mobile since they weren't too complex. I would like to see a new game come out for BO3 but as more of a companion than a weaker remake of already established maps. Stuff that compliments the new zombies content rather than giving us a less enjoyable version. It doesn't have to be DOA stuff but it would make sense if that's the route they chose.

It was broken? Both always worked on my iPod and iPhone. Anyway, they were good for what they were. I especially enjoyed Dead Ops in the Black Ops one, I felt it was almost a better fit for mobile than the game. I didn't really enjoy CotD on it though and that's why kind of got me out of playing it. The WaW maps were fun, also good fits for mobile since they weren't too complex. I would like to see a new game come out for BO3 but as more of a companion than a weaker remake of already established maps. Stuff that compliments the new zombies content rather than giving us a less enjoyable version. It doesn't have to be DOA stuff but it would make sense if that's the route they chose.

I believe it wouldn't work with newer version of iOS, and that's what the update did.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me that with phones getting more and more complex, that they could handle a map like MotD or Die rise or whatver, however these apps were produced at the peak of call of duty's popularity, so I think it would take BO3 absolutely knocking it out of the park and hype at BO1-MW3 type levels before they would devote the time to developing any more for iOS

I remember when they said unique Wonder Weapons would be added but they never delivered lol. Also kinda mad that Five or Shangri-La weren't at least added. Moon I can understand, but Shangri-La and especially Five are smaller than CotD. Playing as the O4 and having George be called the Director, and his model changed just felt ingenuine (I know why they had to do it, but yeah).

Was also expecting BO2 version as well. Honestly I would be fine if they'd just done TranZit or even just Green Run maps. Bus Depot, Diner, Farm, Town. The fog would help them save space too.

I agree with what others said about Dead Ops, I found it worked so much better on iOS. Plus 10 extra levels was pretty cool.

@Spiderx3000 @Kill_All_Monkeys 

I'm not sure what your specs are for your phone, but mine (back then, an iPhone 4) would say there wasn't enough memory. And yes, I believe it's been broken since at least iOS 7 or so. But even before then, it played super glitchy. But the fact that, it would seem, they updated it makes it interesting. 

Well I haven't played them in quite some time so that explains it. I used to just play it on my iPod and later downloaded it on my phone but never really played them much on my phone. I have a 5 currently and honestly can't remember if I ever played it on that or not.

• Administrators

I'm not sure how much time they actually have to dedicated to it themselves, as Ideaworks  seems to be trusted to be independent and trustworthy. Their director was saying Treyarch/Activision let them run free for the most part. So who knows? I mean, either way it's not a huge deal for me. That would just mean more to distract me at work. lol! But still, I'm very interested to see whether or not they do.