They Are, They Exist: Zombies Knowledge

Tac

• Administrators

so for characters in verruckt we have: Dempsey, John Bannana and i think the others are unnamed

There's Smokey, John Banana, Tank Dempsey, and at least two more individuals. Tank Dempsey was captured and then we assume the other four fought off Zombies. Smokey was killed at some point, and we aren't sure if it's before or after we begin playing, and I suppose we'll never really know.

Tank Dempsey was the leader of an OSS group sent in to rescue the Marines at Verrückt. He is NOT a playable character. He was captured by Group 935 after we play there.

It can be assumed that the playable characters are John Banana, Smokey & 2 other unnamed U.S. Marines. They were sent into Verruckt to rescue Peter McCain who was an OSS spy.

Though all of the above is still speculative & an interpretation of the "Dreamland Server Files" found in the Black Ops Terminal.

• Administrators

Here are the limericks regarding Smokey and John Banana from the Dreamland Server that @PINNAZ mentioned.

TO: Bush, V.

SUBJECT: John Banana

Dr. Bush,

I was browsing the Verruckt archive and found an interesting scrap of paper. It was found in a small room with nothing inside but blood stains and an empty Browning. Wasn't there a "John" in the expedition to the asylum?

Here is what the paper read:

"My name is John. They call me Banana.

I once worked at a Tex Mex cabana

But now I am here

As walking dead near

With nothing on me but a bandana."

It would seem this "John" fellow felt compelled to write a limerick in his final moments. Fascinating.

Oppy

Mail 1

TO: R. Oppen.

SUBJECT: RE: John Banana

What a coincidence. I, too, found one of these strange limericks in the Verruckt archive. Like this one:

"I once knew a soldier named Smokey

He slapped me on the head and awoke me

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

Yet but headless he still tried to choke me."

I fear this poor man "John" may have lost his mind in Verruckt.

VB

TO: R. Oppen.

SUBJECT: Another one

My friend,

I found yet another one of those limericks from the Verruckt archive. Here it goes:

"Despite the scary, anxious feeling

Killing walking dead is appealing

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

Kicking their brains right up to the ceiling."

I feel like the boy who wrote these was trying to tell us something. I look at the meter, the chosen words, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you will see something. Maybe it's the letters?

DK-MFK. Do you think this means anything? And then there's this one:

"Smokey and I were trapped in a room

We accepted our impending doom

'Til we noticed a monkey

Which seemed kind of funkey

Until we threw it and it went boom."

This John fellow must have been losing his mind. Monkey's that explode? Preposterous. We should discuss this over coffee.

VB

Here's the radio regarding Tank Dempsey as the captured spy.

Dr. Edward Richtofen:

Log Entry 1472

Date: September 10th, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Today was a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps.

They made liverwurst for lunch. It was *static*. I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered of someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh. Apparently someone in security found a spy today, they are delivering him from Verrückt, to replace the one that I broke.

Here's the document describing Tank as the leader of a group to retrieve Peter McCain.

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***UPDATE CWZGUTCT***

NAME: [REDACTED]

DOB: [REDACTED]

OPERATIONAL DURATION: [REDACTED]

**Please use Agency standard cyphers for operative identity.”

HANDLER’S NOTES”

We successfully inserted CWZGUTCT [codeD; Decodes to Peter] into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that CWZGUTCT identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract CWZGUTCT from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one HVZJZGUZGTTYKPJERTTQTX [codeD; Decodes to Tank Dempsey].

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

RGXZSTJMGQGZZQWZFUPTWZGPNGXZFUEGZPJROCTWZGCNGPNT [codeD; Decodes to Cornelius Pernell]

**END**

So this is just the evidence laying out what @PINNAZ pointed out. Is there anything else that we absolutely know about Verruckt? There's not much for me to include about the wall writings, that's more for @PINNAZ's Library I think.

• Administrators
Dempsey most likely didn't have a handler since we wasn't a spy, as they're the only ones you have agent handlers. But yeah, Pernell was Peter's handler and oversaw his stay with Group 935. I believe there's more to him than meets the eye, but that's for another day :P

The characters we play on Verruckt and Nacht are never named during gameplay. The members of the rescue team were only named afterwards on Black Ops terminal. They might be John and Smokey or some other members of the team.

I had the poems in one of my old videos:

You cant pass off those writings like that, they were very crucial in the start of the story. It was the first place with teddy is a liar and a lot of it still hasnt been solved.

• Administrators

A few days late on Nacht, guys, but if you recall, Nacht was the airfield section of the campaign in WAW, if that tells us anything. I'll go back and play it and report back.

Not to jump ahead of the topic, but I want to ask y'all's thoughts on the timeline. Is it merely because of the re-release that the Black Ops Verruckt occurs in September of 1945 as well? Basically, what I'm wanting to call attention to is this:

September 2nd, 1945: (Japan surrenders, ending WWII) [FACT]

Dear diary,
Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. Even after he was given a bath and deloused twice. I think I might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr. Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think of the experiments on the little girl. (Edward laughs then a monkey screech is heard.) Nein (No in German)! Drop that! That's my spleen! Mine!" -Richtofen [FACT]

September 10, 1945: Marines trapped in Verruckt [FACT]

Log Entry: 1472
Date: September 10th, 1945.
Dear diary,
Today was a good day. The swelling has subsided, the ice helps. They made leberwurst for lunch. It was (static). I still have not had any luck reprogramming any of the live specimens. Dr. Maxis says the key to unlocking the human mind will be more easily discovered on someone who isn't dead yet. I am not convinced. The army is stored until I can fix this, this trust barrier. Oh, apparently someone in security found a spy today, they are delivering him from (static), to replace the one that I broke." -Richtofen [FACT]

September 17th, 1945

Log Entry: 1473
Date: September 17th, 1945.
Dear diary,
Today-
Dempsey: Get your hands off me you damn dirty Nazi!
Richtofen: Uh-oh! This doesn't look good...
Dempsey: Yeah, that's right, You want some of this? I'm taking you home in bags, freak!
(Sounds of Dempsey being beaten are heard.)
Richtofen: Nein ('No' in German)! I don't think so, American!
Dempsey: Okay, ow!
Richtofen: I suppose this must be the replacement then. Time to get to work!
Dempsey: I can still hear you!
Richtofen: Hit him again with the stick! [FACT]

Now, if we may note that the date of the Black Ops re-release of Verruckt is still in September of 1945...but Der Reise has no date.
Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Anyone else feel like reviving this thread?

This was a great thread. How do you propose to revive it however? 

I'm unsure, to be honest.  Now that we know everything is canon, I'm able to get rid of the section in which we theorize about different facts depending on the state of Origins, so that's nice.  I may re-purpose the thread or make a new one, but into what is the question.  I want the goal of the thread to stay the same: get the core facts and branch out a little into theories.  Suggestions on how to do that?

• Administrators

Anyone else feel like reviving this thread?

This was a great thread. How do you propose to revive it however? 

I'm unsure, to be honest.  Now that we know everything is canon, I'm able to get rid of the section in which we theorize about different facts depending on the state of Origins, so that's nice.  I may re-purpose the thread or make a new one, but into what is the question.  I want the goal of the thread to stay the same: get the core facts and branch out a little into theories.  Suggestions on how to do that?

Okay, after going back and reviewing the thread so far, I think this should become a reference point. A separate thread (maybe call it "Zombies Canon Thread") should be created with finalized posts by map based on the info that we come to a positive conclusion on here. Either write them yourself, or assign one of us to a map, and we'll go into that thread and write ours in chronological order.

Make sense? I think this could be invaluable. Heck, I tried to start a YouTube channel based on this kinda stuff. We need it.

@Nightmare Voyager @PINNAZ @Kill_All_Monkeys GET IN HERE, you bloody buncha canon lawyers!

• Administrators

That's certainly the intention I had haha, so this is awesome that we'll have a bunch of people on board.  I think the beginning of the each map is everything we know is true and there's a broad consensus on with much evidence.  Then, like concentric rings, we move outbound into theories.  I'll do some editing to the OP to make it look nice.

Edited by Tac
  • Administrators

That's certainly the intention I had haha, so this is awesome that we'll have a bunch of people on board.  I think the beginning of the each map is everything we know is true and there's a broad consensus on with much evidence.  Then, like concentric rings, we move outbound into theories.  I'll do some editing to the OP to make it look nice.

Nothing that bugs me more than a far-fetched theory that straight-up contradicts known fact. Let's do this thing. I think we concluded Nacht, right? I think we ought to include as a fact, however, that Treyarch, at the time had no plans for a zombies story-at least, none that they followed through with as they began listening to our community and were inspired. So although there are some fun little things there like the writing on the walls, the plane, and the radio, it has no confirmed relevance to the storyline aside from the fact that group 935 lost containment of the zombies at their research facilities and they may have found their way to Nacht.

If so, then, let's start Verruckt.

• Administrators

Verruckt it is!  For L1, we've got the location of Wittenau Sanatorium in Berlin, Germany.  Now, we know that Verruckt is based off the MP map Asylum and the SP level Ring of Steel. Ring of Steel takes place in Pankow, Berlin, Germany.  How would you feel about saying Verruckt is also in Pankow?

Additionally, for L1, we have a date range of September 10 and September 20, 1945.  This is because when you start a game in Verruckt, it says that we are in the time of September, 1945. Also, the Call of the Dead radios say that a spy was captured in Verruckt on the 10th and the Marine recon team was killed on or before the 20th, so that means that sometime between those dates was when we are playing there.

Then there's the backstory for Verruckt, about Dempsey being captured, John getting infected and Smokey having to kill him.  We know that Peter was there for a limited amount of time as well.

I'm sure I've missed plenty of things, can you think of any?

Edited by Tac
  • Administrators

Sounding good so far. I just want to emphasize, however, that the hand on the power switch is not confirmed to be Peter's, contrary to popular opinion. The evidence points to someone else. 

Of course, the terminal talks about it a good deal. 

Dempsey is the captured spy, confirmed by the CotD radios in conjunction with the terminal and Pernell's "Handler's Notes" in which Dempsey is named as commander, which may not seem to add up until we note that the marines were a recconasaince unit, aka, scouts, which are basically uniformed spies. Richtofen states that he is being brought to replace the Mexican, and when he arrives, you can clearly hear Dempsey, and he is eventually seen again at SNN. 

We might note that Peter's handler, Cornelius Pernell was seemingly well informed, if not involved with Group 935 at Verruckt, and was responsible for the dispatching of the unit to Verruckt. 

Also, contrary to popular opinion, Pernell, Yena, McKay, Dempsey and the others were OSS spies, not MKUltra spies, as MKUltra was not established until '53. 

• Administrators

Sounding good so far. I just want to emphasize, however, that the hand on the power switch is not confirmed to be Peter's, contrary to popular opinion. The evidence points to someone else. 

Of course, the terminal talks about it a good deal. 

Dempsey is the captured spy, confirmed by the CotD radios in conjunction with the terminal and Pernell's "Handler's Notes" in which Dempsey is named as commander, which may not seem to add up until we note that the marines were a recconasaince unit, aka, scouts, which are basically uniformed spies. Richtofen states that he is being brought to replace the Mexican, and when he arrives, you can clearly hear Dempsey, and he is eventually seen again at SNN. 

We might note that Peter's handler, Cornelius Pernell was seemingly well informed, if not involved with Group 935 at Verruckt, and was responsible for the dispatching of the unit to Verruckt. 

Also, contrary to popular opinion, Pernell, Yena, McKay, Dempsey and the others were OSS spies, not MKUltra spies, as MKUltra was not established until '53. 

I have my own hesitations about assigning the hand to Peter, solely because the timeline of events during the Verruckt outbreak is too up-in-the-air to be certain of anything.  What evidence points to it being someone else, however?  As for the spies, I wasn't aware that it was popular opinion to think they were MKUltra spies.  The radio very distinctly mentions the OSS haha!