Where I think we are going next

After the DICE presentation and some little bits of insights into the story, I have kind of compiled information that I think links together and will make up the next story arc. So here are my thoughts.

6dfddc325a4832d661753cf46ada6c1c.png

First of all, I think that we will be continuing on with the story around Origins, but I think that the map we will get with the game, or at least one map will take place before this blueprint as there is another page seemingly before it, what that entails I do not know but I do think I know what this blue print links to. So we have a date, 1915 which is funny to me considering that this blueprint was meant to be made 100 years ago this year, those dates' connections just gives me a feeling of amazement really. Anyways this blueprint was created before Origins, three years before. Maxis and Richtofen created it and it was approved by the higher ups of 935, but what is it? To me it looks like something that is top down and that the big trapeziums are rooms but I don't know, lets just say this blue print is important. Does that mean the next map is in 1915 though? No it does not we could find this blueprint years after and realize its importance.

Next is something I think links into the initial story arc, I believe that we will be getting old maps that are not just remastered but changed. Maybe we visit the map after we had played it if you can understand that? I will give an example of some things found from the conference that to me say this could be true. Note: I know that this could be cancelled stuff but its Treyarch, give them some credit and at least give this idea a chance rather than stating something that cannot be proven past a statement.

95a308492c709b928e6f27e1e82775bc.pngd8498d64cfb3e3a793f704c229c6ffc2.png

The Der Riese image has been pointed out to be an updated version of the other two before it, also in the top left corner is a large orange title and a smaller one saying Germany. Much like the BO2 map loading format. Maybe this kind of format with the orange writing could return, but the main point is revisiting a map but with an updated look to the comic page, why would it be updated again unless its important to be?

Next is the Shangri La loading screen, now as you can see their are two images of Shangri La's loading screen. The first seems like the normal one with the pyramid being sucked into a tornado. But the second has some light beams boring into the ground. The way they bore into the ground is much like this machine in the Nuketown loading screen and Origins.

c55fc6fceeb5979b5f8d336817e94afb.png

2013_8_28_19_31_5_zpsa119ac1e.png

Yet again we have this drill, but the first time it is tangibly mentioned in a map is Origins. This creation must have started being produced back in at least 1918, but what if it was planned before that and possibly a blueprint was created in 1915? We never actually have a proven location or date for the Nuketown loading screen, it could be as linked to Nuketown as the Nacht loading screen is to Nacht. My belief is that we are definitely going back to these old locations, it is a way to give back people the old maps, while giving an updated version that expands the map and story itself. Also maybe the greatest secret in zombies, aka Shangri La mountains is that in reality this drill is boring into the ground? But I don't know. Also both Shangri La and the Nuketown loading screens are in this desert like area.

fbc80742d0332bca1475d2d2a800efeb.png

This image of a new gun and seemingly a zombie in a helmet stumbling along a kind of sunny, fire like location. Now to me it could look like Verruckt, it definitely has that look to it especially since its all destroyed, if anyone can find a link to the map please comment it as tomorrow I am going to try and look if it is anywhere. Anyways if this is a new image, it would not be from a map thats a DLC, I just cant see them using an image from later down the line. But I think it could be the starting map. This sunny, orange look feels like it could link to somewhere desolate, somewhere desert like but at the same time it has buildings and such. I think we have a lot pieced together that could at least link to the first map. 

Tell me your thoughts in the comments, whether all this information is random and separate or it links into one map. But before anyone comments something like things being cancelled or meant to be something that they never were such as a cancelled loading screen, leave that stuff out of this post as it is more about linking things together and seeing connections that relate to the future. I really want to start searching for these hints and find things. Thats if we haven't started already (I had to :P)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post NV.

The 1915 date in the Buried loading screen is really interesting that this year is 100 years later. Though it could of also just been a hint towards WW1 & Origins. Who knows.

The Der Riese loading screen in the TV has also got me baffled. The Orange writing like the BO2 maps, "Germany" & also that the finger is at a different angle. Hmmm.

As for the Shangri-la drawing. I think that is just the original concept art. It's too similar to the final version. I really don't think that it features the 115 extraction drill.

The image of the Gun chalk however, that must be from a new map. The ? At the bottom pretty much confirms that IMO

Good post mate. Keeping on searching!

I think they altered Der Riese's loading screen simply to fit the presentation better.

They also slightly altered CoTD's page, making the left tear revealing Ascension much bigger than it originally was.

So cool to see early sketches of Shang's page ;3

If you look at the bottom shangri la picture though, it isnt a tornado I stared at that pic analyzing it for like an hour all in all. It has those like separate beams but no pyramid. But yeah could be concept art but if theres a new Der Riese loading screen who knows?

Why is a tornado more like time travel than a light beam? I only ever saw something close to time travel with a tornado in the Wizard of Oz. Also it doesnt explain why the light is like the one in Nuketown.

I just noticed on the bottom Shangri La image that the skull has something on it, is it a symbol or like a bug? It isnt on the original.

well "time vortex" has been a staple of time travel ever sense doctor who hit it's second doctor over 40 years ago. 

XD, it depends what the time winds shift to really, the vortex always changes. I dont think that is where they got the vortex thing from, especially since Matts intro hadnt aired when Shangri La released.

.... The second doctor.. As in Patrick Troughton.... Not matt smith... The time vortex is a staple that's been used sense some episode a long time ago. The matt smith intro has nothing to do with it. 

Can we not get into a doctor who discussion on my post? All I meant was Matts looked more like a tornado, thats all please dont change this post into a Doctor Who debate.

Bla Bla Bla tardis, Bla Bla Bla Daleks, Bla Bla Bla The master can't seem to die.... 

Ok I'm done. 

XD the master part really got me. Maybe their should be a DW post...

I do think the Shangri La loading screen sketches are more than just some concepts thrown at us. 

Looks like a beam of light, or like the extraction drill.  

But tornado wind vortexes are also pretty commonplace for time/space travel in Scifi.

Evil Dead 2 had them also: http://tinyurl.com/ED2Portal

Aa0LIV1m.jpg

And we know how much Zombies has borrowed from Evil Dead (cabin, chalk outlines, O4 in the past, etc).

Evil Dead, Nazi Zombies, Time Travel:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/158039-evil-dead-and-nazi-zombies-and-time-travel/

Edited by yourmapper
  • 3 weeks later...