Zielinsky Voodoo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this as well @yourmapper

He's had the bejeweled skeleton for some time but I beleive the voodoo link is new.

One thing interesting about voodoo is that they believe in a serpent god who's name literally translates to "The Grand Zombie" (the name is "Li Grande Zombi"

Not sure what to pull from this, other then just coincidence. @PINNAZ any grand ideas?

I saw this as well @yourmapper

He's had the bejeweled skeleton for some time but I beleive the voodoo link is new.

One thing interesting about voodoo is that they believe in a serpent god who's name literally translates to "The Grand Zombie" (the name is "Li Grande Zombi"

Not sure what to pull from this, other then just coincidence. @PINNAZ any grand ideas?

Maybe its a map hes working on linked with Voodoo and stuff and that serpent is the boss? Could be the next "Of the Dead" map even though I know he doesn't work on those usually.

@yourmapper @GRILL

I spotted this last night too. I don't have much time for a detailed post but -

Louisiana Voodoo

Not to be confused with Hoodoo (folk magic) or Haitian Vodou.

Louisiana Voodoo is often confused with—but is not completely separable from—Haitian Vodou and southern American Hoodoo.

It differs from Vodou in its emphasis upon Gris-Gris, Voodoo queens, use of Hoodoo paraphernalia, and Li Grand Zombi.

post-127987-0-86525500-1421143751_thumb.

So I did a little digging around and found out that Jimmy's Twitter background image is St Valerius who is buried in Weyarn, Germany. The image is taken from a book published in 2013 by ~

Paul Koudounaris - Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures and Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs

Death has never looked so beautiful. The fully articulated skeleton of a female saint, dressed in an intricate costume of silk brocade and gold lace, withered fingers glittering with colorful rubies, emeralds, and pearls—this is only one of the specially photographed relics featured in Heavenly Bodies.
In 1578 news came of the discovery in Rome of a labyrinth of underground tombs, which were thought to hold the remains of thousands of early Christian martyrs. Skeletons of these supposed saints were subsequently sent to Catholic churches and religious houses in German-speaking Europe to replace holy relics that had been destroyed in the wake of the Protestant Reformation. The skeletons, known as “the catacomb saints,” were carefully reassembled, richly dressed in fantastic costumes, wigs, crowns, jewels, and armor, and posed in elaborate displays inside churches and shrines as reminders to the faithful of the heavenly treasures that awaited them after death.

Paul Koudounaris gained unprecedented access to religious institutions to reveal these fascinating historical artifacts. Hidden for over a century as Western attitudes toward both the worship of holy relics and death itself changed, some of these ornamented skeletons appear in publication here for the first time.

Extraordinary pictures of the catacomb ‘saints’

In 1578 the remains of thousands of individuals assumed to be early Christian martyrs were discovered in Rome. The remains were given fictitious names and sent to Catholic churches and religious institutions in German-speaking Europe as relics of saints to replace holy relics that had been destroyed during the Protestant Reformation. Reassembled by skilled artisans, encrusted with gold and jewels and richly dressed in fantastic costumes, the skeletons were displayed in elaborate public shrines as reminders of the spiritual treasures that awaited the faithful after death.

For nearly three centuries the skeletons were venerated as protectors of their communities until doubts about their authenticity surfaced in the modern era. They then became a source of embarrassment for the Church and most were destroyed or hidden away. In his new book, Heavenly Bodies, art historian Paul Koudounaris tracked down a number of these skeletons, gaining unprecedented access to photograph them in some of the most secretive religious establishments in Europe.

St Valerius in Weyarn

post-127987-0-60824800-1421144056_thumb.

Maybe it has to do with the Catacombs. But Roman Catacombs? 

Catacomb Saints

Jimmy also has this statement/question - Do You Want to Build a Snowman 

Maybe he watched the kids movie "Frozen" over the Holidays?

attachicon.gifJimmy Twitter Cover Image - St Valerius.png

So I did a little digging around and found out that Jimmy's Twitter background image is St Valerius who is buried in Weyarn, Germany. The image is taken from a book published in 2013 by ~

Paul Koudounaris - Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures and Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs

Death has never looked so beautiful. The fully articulated skeleton of a female saint, dressed in an intricate costume of silk brocade and gold lace, withered fingers glittering with colorful rubies, emeralds, and pearls—this is only one of the specially photographed relics featured in Heavenly Bodies.
In 1578 news came of the discovery in Rome of a labyrinth of underground tombs, which were thought to hold the remains of thousands of early Christian martyrs. Skeletons of these supposed saints were subsequently sent to Catholic churches and religious houses in German-speaking Europe to replace holy relics that had been destroyed in the wake of the Protestant Reformation. The skeletons, known as “the catacomb saints,” were carefully reassembled, richly dressed in fantastic costumes, wigs, crowns, jewels, and armor, and posed in elaborate displays inside churches and shrines as reminders to the faithful of the heavenly treasures that awaited them after death.

Paul Koudounaris gained unprecedented access to religious institutions to reveal these fascinating historical artifacts. Hidden for over a century as Western attitudes toward both the worship of holy relics and death itself changed, some of these ornamented skeletons appear in publication here for the first time.

Extraordinary pictures of the catacomb ‘saints’

In 1578 the remains of thousands of individuals assumed to be early Christian martyrs were discovered in Rome. The remains were given fictitious names and sent to Catholic churches and religious institutions in German-speaking Europe as relics of saints to replace holy relics that had been destroyed during the Protestant Reformation. Reassembled by skilled artisans, encrusted with gold and jewels and richly dressed in fantastic costumes, the skeletons were displayed in elaborate public shrines as reminders of the spiritual treasures that awaited the faithful after death.

For nearly three centuries the skeletons were venerated as protectors of their communities until doubts about their authenticity surfaced in the modern era. They then became a source of embarrassment for the Church and most were destroyed or hidden away. In his new book, Heavenly Bodies, art historian Paul Koudounaris tracked down a number of these skeletons, gaining unprecedented access to photograph them in some of the most secretive religious establishments in Europe.

St Valerius in Weyarn

attachicon.gifSt Valerius in Weyarn - By Paul Koudounaris.jpg

Maybe it has to do with the Catacombs. But Roman Catacombs? 

Catacomb Saints

Jimmy also has this statement/question - Do You Want to Build a Snowman 

Maybe he watched the kids movie "Frozen" over the Holidays?

As I said in the other post maybe this is to do with the Knights Templar and the Primus picture?

Man great responses everyone, especially Pinnaz. Nice you found the source of the image.

Today he posted a picture of the interior of an old church.  

Yes theres definitely some stuff going on around these catacombs.

I think I understand. We may just be getting a Catacomb map... perhaps the Catacombs in France? Or the German ones or whatever, who knows?

I would love that kind of map but, maybe we have spent a bit to much time underground at the moment? I hope its not all underground if its a map. Prepare to descend into the catacombs of the dead... Spooky

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Pinnaz, I've noticed a couple of things from your post and a video from MRrotfwaffles. The similarities are too much to ignore. Milo back referenced necrophilia for that picture.

Now where it gets interesting is treyarch posted this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Treyarch/status/562318393060364288

If you look at the picture you will see snow covered mountains in the background. This got me thinking about Jimmy's tweet about, do you want to build a snow man.

So we search necrophilia and Louisiana Voodoo and leads us to a book called Winter Morgue by Linda st.George.

Winter Morgue

by Linda St. George

In the cold, dark winters of Salem, Massachusetts, in the late eighteenth century, the ground was hard and frozen. Undertakers were forced to store the bodies of the deceased in cold winter morgues until the spring thaw. This is the story of one such morgue. The owners are a mysterious woman, who is rumored to be a witch, and her odd consumptive brother, who has unusual proclivities. As the corpses arrive, one by one, the reader meets the people who work there, friends of the owners, and those who end up there as corpses. As their stories intertwine, the reader finds an intriguing mix of unusual personalities and disturbingly frightening supernatural activity.

Maybe an avenue to explore.

@superstudmuffin Interesting, but that image is just a mash of previous Zombie images. The Kino projection screen, the 2 just means the countdown for the 2 days until the conference, the power symbol & the mountains you can see is the Jugger-Nog poster from Verrückt.

original_19566_ZOsb8mj0G0Re7_CpRgOqqHIA_

(Off topic -Those Perk Posters were made by a guy named Daniel Dapilla. Here is his webpage & the originals can be found here - http://www.coroflot.com/danpadilla/Concept-art )

As for Jimmy's Twitter image. I just Goggle image searched it & came across the book that the photo was taken from.

MrRoflWaffles did the same thing but he came across the Necrophilia webpage which also just happened to have the same image he had taken a photo of when he was in France researching Origins.

Jimmys picture is actually buried in Germany but was originally buried in Rome.

MrRoflWaffles did the same thing but he came across the Necrophilia webpage which also just happened to have the same image he had taken a photo of when he was in France researching Origins.

I know this may seem weird but I dont understand what the underlined word (XD) has to do with any of Jimmyz tweets.

Oh sorry I will remove the quote, I didnt even know I had quoted a post that was that long XD

Edit: After seeing the video, its blatantly a joke video and even though yes he did find that in the search I dont think it means anything as it is one of those conspiracy quotes.

Oh sorry I will remove the quote, I didnt even know I had quoted a post that was that long XD

Edit: After seeing the video, its blatantly a joke video and even though yes he did find that in the search I dont think it means anything as it is one of those conspiracy quotes.

Joke video? Excuse me?

Man, what does a guy have to do to be taken seriously these days...

Oh, and @PINNAZ, if we're discussing tweets that he's fav'd.. well. Prepare your anus.

;)

XD sorry I meant the most thought out serious fact video ever!