Swimming: In zombies?

It's been put off for quite a while but… Could trayarch implement a swimming mechanic in zombies? 

There are a few questions with this: 

-Only certain weapons are capable of being fired from under water. Does this mean our beloved wonder waffle will become the most deadly object imaginable? Or that the death machine would become futile? 

-The player's own air is an issue, maybe a diver's helmet like in moon? 

-Should more places be accessible via water travel? (YES!)

-Are zombies slower under water? Are players? 

-Aquatic horrors of the deep? 

What are your thoughts on the subject?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were designing an aquatic map for zombies I would make it so that you have to wear a Diving Suit and there is no swimming. Instead you walk on the ocean floor and you move slower. The Zombies will also move slower which Evens it out. I guess maybe you can jump slightly Higher perhaps even giving you access to new areas. Also you can only stay underwater for a limited amount of time before your Air runs out. perhaps you can upgrade the diving Suit so that it gets an Oxygen upgrade and maybe even a Light attachment so you can go into darker areas such as an underwater cave or the abyss.

But swimming seems a bit....ehh. Maybe it could work, maybe it can't. I personally think that swimming would give a player too much space to train and stay safe.Maybe if you could swim in a Close quarters area. 

• Administrators

I'm sure it could be done, but does it make sense? If we are talking about our run of the mill zombies then I don't think so. From what we have seen they run on the most primal of instincts (except that one time they picked up George A. Romero for what ever reason). They run, swipe, and occasionally do some gravity defying jumps. If we are assuming some zombie realism here, they simply lack the basic motor skills needed to swim. However, that doesn't mean some sort of a boss is outside the realm of possibility.

Got it..... All the zombies spawn from the water. New perk is - life saver- which is a life vest. The zombies first move is to drag, push, get you into the water. Life saver would keep you from floating downstream so fast, without it your team would have secs to start reviving or your dead downstream. Could incorporate fishing tools as weapons. And the weather, time of day could play a huge factor!

So it wouldn't be a swimming mode like you stated, but a neat mode regardless! I'm picturing a boat like these sizes maybe bigger then a normal pontoon boat 3uvu8adu.jpguganudet.jpg8evu5y5a.jpg