The Storyline! What are Treyarch going to do with it?!

• Tech Admin

3) How exactly do you explain how Sam knew about some of the weapons in black ops 2? It seems as if her and Eddy are in the WW2 era or sometime near then. Many of the blops 2 weapons didn't exist back then.

Tell me this, if the cutscene in Origins is from the WaW era, where did the camera come from that Samantha knocks over? She wouldn't have one so this must be closer to our timeline than you think. 

The simple fact of the matter is this and it's a simple fact. We have no answers and we can only speculate. Until Treyarch say otherwise, the story continues - it has not had closure, no matter what you read into it, it doesn't.

Now take this from a normal story being told, the O4 scorch the earth with the rockets. At the end of Origins we hear Samantha say "my dad has a plan". What does this mean in a story mode (forget about zombies, I ain't talking zombies here, I'm talking normal stories). Each chapter leads into the next chapter, it gives you a cliffhanger that makes you want to read the next chapter, or watch the next scene in a movie/play. 

Some people will not like what they see and stop reading / listening / watching after a certain chapter or scene. Which is fine, it's their choice, however, a story still needs to be told and it will continue. The simple fact is this, the story has not ended - you do not end a story with say "my dad has a plan" what you do is you end a chapter by saying this, which makes you want to get the next book, watch the next movie etc.

Treyarch are smart, they know they lost a lot of folk from WaW and BO in BOII, they know they need to start to pull things together and they will. They will have been reading what has been said for the past year and a bit and taken the feedback on-board. It will all be bullet pointed on several whiteboards within the zombie teams offices at Treyarch. They know what the community are thinking, they know what the general consensus within the community is.

Now, what I perceive will happen in the next game release on current gen consoles and PC is reworked maps for WaW, BO, BOII and will be released with the game on a special zombies disc or they will release these maps alongside the 1st DLC that is released. I also think that instead of having 1 year cycle of support and updates, that we will see a period of 2 years of support and updates and that DLC will be focused on the 1st year for the season pass but we may start to see special DLC releases within the 2nd year. 

So what do I see happening with the story? I have no idea, but I'm just as eager to find out about it as the rest of you but rest assured it has not ended "yet".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Craig.

It's not a camera the dog knocks over, but Dempsey's actionfigure. We see the cutscene straight from his perspective.

My bad, thanks @Slade - that's part of my point above fooked lol

@Nightmare Voyager - I actually do like the story, I wasn't at any stage saying I didn't like the story.

Its addressed at everyone who doesnt like the story and is here not you

3) How exactly do you explain how Sam knew about some of the weapons in black ops 2? It seems as if her and Eddy are in the WW2 era or sometime near then. Many of the blops 2 weapons didn't exist back then.

Tell me this, if the cutscene in Origins is from the WaW era, where did the camera come from that Samantha knocks over? She wouldn't have one so this must be closer to our timeline than you think.

The simple fact of the matter is this and it's a simple fact. We have no answers and we can only speculate. Until Treyarch say otherwise, the story continues - it has not had closure, no matter what you read into it, it doesn't.

Now take this from a normal story being told, the O4 scorch the earth with the rockets. At the end of Origins we hear Samantha say "my dad has a plan". What does this mean in a story mode (forget about zombies, I ain't talking zombies here, I'm talking normal stories). Each chapter leads into the next chapter, it gives you a cliffhanger that makes you want to read the next chapter, or watch the next scene in a movie/play.

Some people will not like what they see and stop reading / listening / watching after a certain chapter or scene. Which is fine, it's their choice, however, a story still needs to be told and it will continue. The simple fact is this, the story has not ended - you do not end a story with say "my dad has a plan" what you do is you end a chapter by saying this, which makes you want to get the next book, watch the next movie etc.

Treyarch are smart, they know they lost a lot of folk from WaW and BO in BOII, they know they need to start to pull things together and they will. They will have been reading what has been said for the past year and a bit and taken the feedback on-board. It will all be bullet pointed on several whiteboards within the zombie teams offices at Treyarch. They know what the community are thinking, they know what the general consensus within the community is.

Now, what I perceive will happen in the next game release on current gen consoles and PC is reworked maps for WaW, BO, BOII and will be released with the game on a special zombies disc or they will release these maps alongside the 1st DLC that is released. I also think that instead of having 1 year cycle of support and updates, that we will see a period of 2 years of support and updates and that DLC will be focused on the 1st year for the season pass but we may start to see special DLC releases within the 2nd year.

So what do I see happening with the story? I have no idea, but I'm just as eager to find out about it as the rest of you but rest assured it has not ended "yet".

Although I don't think the story is over. You said they wouldn't end the story with "my dad has a plan". Well they didn't. They eded it with the O4 under a bright light. The "my dad has a plan" could be seen as the "start" of the new story.

I'm just saying this to reassure that anything is possible. However, I still believe that the original story is NOT over.

• Tech Admin

They didn't end the story with the O4 under a bright light, they ended the story with the last line of the "chapter" with "my dad has a plan" that without a shadow of doubt is how the "origins" chapter was ended. Read anybook and the last paragraph/page/line always ends the chapter/book/story. The fact the O4 finished by looking into a light was only part of the ending - it was by no means the ending.

They didn't end the story with the O4 under a bright light, they ended the story with the last line of the "chapter" with "my dad has a plan" that without a shadow of doubt is how the "origins" chapter was ended. Read anybook and the last paragraph/page/line always ends the chapter/book/story. The fact the O4 finished by looking into a light was only part of the ending - it was by no means the ending.

I get ya.

But In this case it's a story within a story. The story WITHIN ends with the O4 in a bright light. Then the screen goes...white was it?... then we see Sam's face. Then she continues what some argue is the "real story". So Sam indeed does end her story with the o4 in the light.

What people dont get is after Origins we know what happens. We have known what happens since WaW we go around in a circle back to Origins. We know what happens next Origins technically has not much to follow it though, I mean I do wanna see another map with those character models but nothing really important happened after as it just goes on again. I think at least 2 locations we go next are before Buried and after Die Rise but not with the N4 (Look at the comic book pages) and after Buried in 1915 with a blue print and 935. Then we could have a load of other unexplained maps, we just dont know.