Controlling your windows (idea)

I had a somewhat interesting idea the other night and figured I would once again share it with you guys.

I speedrun Resident Evil 2 on occasion and was challenged a few days ago to do so and while I was doing it, it occurred to me that the wires you find in the questioning room that allow you to link up shutters for either of the two rooms of your choosing could be integrated into Zombies.

Would it not be cool to have this feature in zombies? Now, those of you who haven't had the pleasure of playing RE2, these wires are used to block zombies from entering the windows for a short period of time (it's actually activated through story progression but not too far into the story). For instance, imagine being in the PaP room on Tranzit for 10 or so rounds, without having to worry about any of the windows down there? Or how cool would it be to have those 10 rounds, later into the game, yet have the ability to hold inside the bus station?

This item is in no way overpowered, 10 rounds go by so quick that it would best be saved for a round that begins to be your limit, then you have the challenge of one entrance, no exit, but room to maneuver and possibly escape if you have the skill. There would still be a good challenge of having all zombies pour through one space, reloads would have to be perfectly timed or you would have a problem.

One of my favorite things about the map Five is the last couple of seconds before the defcon doors open in the PaP room, where all the zombies come running at you, it would be that experience spanned out over a few rounds.

And to finish, perhaps an extra bit of usefulness would be having the wires eventually short out, exposing the window once again, EXCEPT now you have an ungrounded current running through the window, leaving it to damage zombies slightly as they now can climb through the space, almost in a way, lowering their durability just a little bit. The con being, you now have to build one board at a time or risk taking too much damage yourself, much like the MOTD door near the Wardens office, making it harder to close the area off mid round.

All this would be great for the next game, I understand with the traps and buildables we already have, this would make the game way too easy. But with the new game, should come new traps and this, to me, is perfectly balanced and useful, used into a  farther rounds could make a real good tool.

Edited by Tattoo247
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see them adding something like this to one of the later maps, where you need to open one door to proceed, but if you do it opens one of two barriers. What'd also be cool would be a soda called infinite light: for 2000 it allows one to double-tap X on one window to make it "permanently boarded" and no more zombies could ever crawl through it… I

I had a somewhat interesting idea the other night and figured I would once again share it with you guys.

I speedrun Resident Evil 2 on occasion and was challenged a few days ago to do so and while I was doing it, it occurred to me that the wires you find in the questioning room that allow you to link up shutters for either of the two rooms of your choosing could be integrated into Zombies.

Would it not be cool to have this feature in zombies? Now, those of you who haven't had the pleasure of playing RE2, these wires are used to block zombies from entering the windows for a short period of time (it's actually activated through story progression but not too far into the story). For instance, imagine being in the PaP room on Tranzit for 10 or so rounds, without having to worry about any of the windows down there? Or how cool would it be to have those 10 rounds, later into the game, yet have the ability to hold inside the bus station?

This item is in no way overpowered, 10 rounds go by so quick that it would best be saved for a round that begins to be your limit, then you have the challenge of one entrance, no exit, but room to maneuver and possibly escape if you have the skill. There would still be a good challenge of having all zombies pour through one space, reloads would have to be perfectly timed or you would have a problem.

One of my favorite things about the map Five is the last couple of seconds before the defcon doors open in the PaP room, where all the zombies come running at you, it would be that experience spanned out over a few rounds.

And to finish, perhaps an extra bit of usefulness would be having the wires eventually short out, exposing the window once again, EXCEPT now you have an ungrounded current running through the window, leaving it to damage zombies slightly as they now can climb through the space, almost in a way, lowering their durability just a little bit. The con being, you now have to build one board at a time or risk taking too much damage yourself, much like the MOTD door near the Wardens office, making it harder to close the area off mid round.

All this would be great for the next game, I understand with the traps and buildables we already have, this would make the game way too easy. But with the new game, should come new traps and this, to me, is perfectly balanced and useful, used into a farther rounds could make a real good tool.

Yes. I really like this idea, and at 10 rounds, it's definitely not op!

Would they be reusable? Or just once offs?

I still love the idea of being able to buy back doors, but having a set up where the barrier only lasts for 10 rounds and is a once off, gets me very excited indeed!

Imagine the feeling of how easy it's become, only to have the barriers break after a while. It'd be awesome if they broke mid round too, so it was totally unpredictable!

Yea it would be one time use, just to keep it desirable, but not a must have.

I would simply use it starting on a round that I usually die on.

Also, barricading opened doors would be really cool, it would give a whole new role to zombies for players to add to their "class".

Glad you guys liked it, can't go wrong taking pages from the greatest ps1 game as far as zombies go lol A custom raccoon city map would be insane!

Would it not be cool to have this feature in zombies? Now, those of you who haven't had the pleasure of playing RE2, these wires are used to block zombies from entering the windows for a short period of time (it's actually activated through story progression but not too far into the story). For instance, imagine being in the PaP room on Tranzit for 10 or so rounds, without having to worry about any of the windows down there? Or how cool would it be to have those 10 rounds, later into the game, yet have the ability to hold inside the bus station?

This item is in no way overpowered, 10 rounds go by so quick that it would best be saved for a round that begins to be your limit, then you have the challenge of one entrance, no exit, but room to maneuver and possibly escape if you have the skill. There would still be a good challenge of having all zombies pour through one space, reloads would have to be perfectly timed or you would have a problem.

And to finish, perhaps an extra bit of usefulness would be having the wires eventually short out, exposing the window once again, EXCEPT now you have an ungrounded current running through the window, leaving it to damage zombies slightly as they now can climb through the space, almost in a way, lowering their durability just a little bit. The con being, you now have to build one board at a time or risk taking too much damage yourself, much like the MOTD door near the Wardens office, making it harder to close the area off mid round.

All this would be great for the next game, I understand with the traps and buildables we already have, this would make the game way too easy. But with the new game, should come new traps and this, to me, is perfectly balanced and useful, used into a  farther rounds could make a real good tool.

It's a shame what they have done to Resident Evil! I grew up with those games.....   Resident Evil 1 was the first PS1 game I ever got...

Then over the years I bought and played through countless times pretty much every one that came out until after RE4.....

And RE4 really wasn't a Resident Evil at all....   RE4 is when is franchise started to slip. Resident Evil Remake on the Game Cube in my opinion is probably one of the best!

I hate how CAPCOM have totally abandoned their loyal customers, they just changed it way too much!!!!

I heard Shinji Mikami is making a new game though, hopefully he can bring survival horror back......

Edited by CBR_600_RR