Error: Exceeded maximum anim info

koskamp

I was playing Buried and finally I came to a high round, but then I was kicked out with 

I searched the web and this forum and I saw posts from july 2013.

I am on xbox 360 with TU16, the latest title update, but can anyone say if there is a fix for this error and how to install it?

Thanx

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing Buried and finally I came to a high round, but then I was kicked out with 

I searched the web and this forum and I saw posts from july 2013.

I am on xbox 360 with TU16, the latest title update, but can anyone say if there is a fix for this error and how to install it?

Thanx

I don't know what causes this error, but I received the same error ending my game on 108 or Origins.

My best guess on how to prevent it is to delete as much stuff from your Xbox hard drive as possible, which will give your console as much processing power as it can have to play your game with. This is just a guess though because I honestly don't know what causes it either.

Unfortunately, it's a glitch assosciated with the core engine thus you can't do anything to fix or avoid it. It's triggered by a lack of adequate free memory.

I'll try my best to explain how and why this particular error happens: (anims are animation files that each ai uses to make their model move and behave in the correct way)

At any given time during play, there can only be 24 (or 48?) AI zombies in your game. When one dies, it is almost immediately replaced by the game spawing in another one close to a player. (If you go to theater and fix the camera on 1 zombie, after it dies, you'll notice your camera will suddenly 'jump' after a few seconds to a new random zombie that just spawned in the map).

So in short; there are 24 total anims reserved for exactly 24 zombies.

So say you're training on round 60. At this round, the amount of free memory on consoles is slowly starting to become a problem for the game.

When you turn and kill let's say 6 zombies in a row, the game can glitch out because of memory problems and actually spawn in 7 zombies instead of 6. 

Meaning you'll have 25 ai zombies in your game that all require anims but still the game only has 24 anim files available. 

Leaving one zombie without the necessary animation files. 

And thus your game will stop running to prevent further issues. 

It sucks.

That would be ideal, but Treyarch must have had good reasons to force the game to end.

This is probably something they discovered after the game's release and realized that it couldn't be changed without affecting core engine elements.

That's the kind of stuff you don't want to mess around with post-release and put in patches, as it can potentially break your whole game.

Well instead of totally crashing, they should write some lines of code that have it resolve the problem, taking a sort of "intermission" like when a host migrates to resolve the problem, and respawn 24 zombies. 

Ah, but see, not everything can be so easily programmed. Something like that would be quite difficult to solve in a short time (gameplay wise). Let's say, for example, that if those 7 zombies that Slade mentioned spawned instead of 6, Treyarch programmed an algorithm to check if the total amount of zombie animations match the total previous amount or less than. If they are greater than the previous total, then the game would simply "delete" or nullify that extra zombie. However, while this sounds good in theory, it could be horrible in actual gameplay. The match itself could lag with those calculations, or just outright freeze your console/PC. 

Like Slade said, there is most likely a good reason that Treyarch just implemented this crash function in order to prevent worse problems from occurring.