Is camping done?

No camping is not dead, The classic devs made it a point in the design to make camping viable again, so circles is not your only option. In die rise the sliquifier plus downward slopes equals camping. A few places include, the an-94 room with the door closed, several places in the buddah room, the escalator with door closed, top of the ramp, box room plus a wee bit of training, slide outside the box room, elevator shaft, the list goes on. Then in buried the jugg alleyway obviously, top of the general store, the pap room, the hallway in the saloon second floor, the porch of the house, the top of the house next to the box spawn, again lots of places, then add on the paralyzer which is completely camping based, vulture aid to let it cool, the head chopper, the dubstep cannon, ect. Buried is camping city. and die rise is not far behind. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It every single map, you always have the to camp or to run circles. However, it is an indisputable fact that camping is a terminal strategy while running is not. Many people nowadays don't bother arguing an already proven fact. They play how they want to play.

Semantically I agree with your statement.  From a realistic viewpoint, I disagree with the proven fact part of it.

You can camp to at best round 38ish, which is a big push in itself.  That's coop as solo is very different.

On a 4p game, it's going to take 4-5 hours to get to between say round 35 and 40.  That's about the limit for many players.

When you look at that information, most people aren't going to reach the terminal limit of camping.

Once you look at weapon choice, and box necessity it's clear to me that if you want to camp to round 35, without hitting the box at the end of every round in the 30s you need a brilliant wall weapon.

The only one which is good enough to get you that high is the AN-94 and that includes DT2.

As it's location is not ideal on any map, except maybe Buried with the chalk outlines it's kinda null.

I do know that on DIe Rise, using the AN-94 and Sallies only, myself, KingJaq, Relaxing and Christian got to 38.  It was the boss round on 37, and I doubt we would have survived a zombie round then.

Camping is the best strategy for almost all 3 or 4 players games, running is the best strategy for solo or coop.

Most 3 or 4 players games aren't generally getting high enough to make camping terminal.  Running circles in a 3 or 4 player game is about the most boring thing I can literally think of doing, so for me camping is King.

100% agree.  especially for casual games.  I play with the same friends most of the time, and i believe the highest we've ever gotten in 4p is 32, but we;ve done that on almost every map, point being is that just seems to be the end point where focus is less, eyes are heavy, and ammo is low lol

• 2 months later...

I think that, although it is true that camping is terminal, there has been more of a push to design campable areas in the maps.

Buried has at least 3 excellent camping spots.

Origins with the staves makes any corner into a camping spot.

Die Rise has the roof which is pretty nice, along with other locations, and a wonderweapon and buildable which benefit camping greatly.

Mob of the Dead is really too tight to allow 4 players to all run separately, plus I can think of three excellent camping locations, two of which are dependent on doors of course.

TranZit is probably the hardest to camp, with a poor layout, poor weapons, and poorly designed buildables, but if you're looking for fun grab an LMG and upgrade the B23R and have all 4 players sit on the bus. After awhile you'll all get the iron barricade persistent upgrade and the bus will be relatively easy to hold. Except when it stops...

Unique in being one of the only viable 'mobile' camping spots in zombies though.

This is probably just me, but I've started to find that in my games, I've been camping or at least sort of hovering around one area in a group more, rather than everybody running and spreading out because it is usually much faster and safer in the low and mid rounds.

Edited by MegaAfroMan