Extinction Improvements, Impressions & Suggestions Thread

Naitrax

Disclaimer: There will most likely be spoilers in this thread, so hit that back button now if you do not wish to have this told to you.

You can learn much from a first impression. Here at CoDz, for each Zombies map released, the forum has had a "first impressions" thread for people to share the feelings they underwent as they embarked into this unknown realm of discovery, in which many are captivated by the various aspects that make up a map, such as the soundtrack, story, gameplay and other features. This feeling of adventure is a feeling I personally love. However, no member has decided to bring us a first impressions thread for Extinction. But I am here to change that. Now, without further ado, I pronounce to you:

CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS: EXTINCTION

POINT OF CONTACT

EPISODE 1: NIGHTFALL

IMPROVEMENTS, IMPRESSIONS & SUGGESTIONS

What did I first feel when I loaded up the map? Excitement. As soon as that intro cutscene began to play, I knew I was hooked. Who is this mysterious Samantha Cross, who needed to get this information out about Nightfall so much that she was not afraid for her own life? Who is David Archer? These were just some of the questions that flooded my mind when the Prologue began. It captivated me. Then, when the man outside the gate was impaled by the behemoth of a Cryptid, the Breeder, I began to feel vulnerable. The first Hive netted me a good 11000 points due to Infinity Ward's Egg-stra XP challenge, requiring you to find and shoot 4 Cryptid Hives located on the four MP maps included in the DLC. I began to look around, and came across the fallen soldiers' Maverick, which I then purchased for $1500. I used this to clear the next 3 Hives, feeling anxious, as I thought that the Breeder would come back to finish the job, and then went to investigate the Security Gate. When that pile of snow exploded, my heart died and I screamed. I was demolished by the Breeder's machine cannon.

That was a quick synopsis of my first game, detailing how I felt at each stage of the game. I am throughly enjoying the challenge of this map, and the Breeder was an intense fight.

What was your first impression?

EDIT: At the request of LiamFTWinter, this has become the unofficial "Suggestions and Impressions" thread. Enjoy.

~Naitrax

Edited by Hells Warrrior
I've mad ethe disclaimer a little bigger in size ;)
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty similar to yours Naitrax except i hadn't played the MP maps yet so no special bonus.

Anyway I got the Maverick and its pretty cool i guess.  Then i got to the Breeder and I was toast.  Didn't get hitmarkers from shooting him with a normal weapon like i do on the regular aliens so I have no idea if i was even hurting him.

Seems pretty similar to the last map.  Slightly more interesting level design.  Still not very fun solo, and I don't have any friends that have the game that play often because, well it's IW and Treyarch is much more our preference all around

• Administrators

I beat the mode on my 2nd playthrough. However I wouldn't say that the the mode is an easy play by any means. I had a great team with excellent load outs and communication. It seems like the spawns have changed from three or four at a time to about eight. Making the game that much more chaotic. You also earn less points for certain creatures, than you did on PoC. Making ammon conservation so much more important.

I am loving the introduction of story line. The intel and cutscenes were a nice touch.

The Breeder, holy sh*t. When that thing spawned on my first play through I was just running around screaming waiting for the helicopter to come. It did not and I was shot down.

Over all this DLC has restored my interest in the mode and I can't wait to see what's next.

Could this thread possibly be made into an overall impressions thread?

I want to see Extinction get better and threads like these actually do really help.

I can make sure that someone from Activision sees this feedback, so please leave any positive and negatives (don't hold back on things you really like or dislike)

Could this thread possibly be made into an overall impressions thread?

I want to see Extinction get better and threads like these actually do really help.

I can make sure that someone from Activision sees this feedback, so please leave any positive and negatives (don't hold back on things you really like or dislike)

It is done.

I've played it twice so far, both times with randoms and I was a bit disappointed. I need to play more obviously but I've been busy with stuff lately, need to catch up more on the weekend once the clan wars end. But to be honest, I played it till the part where we beat the first cryptic breeder and I wasn't impressed. I was expecting more along the lines of gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...