The Zombies Storyline: Complicated or poorly written?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum friend! It's great to see a rook be so active and helping to the community so early on. Sorry about the... emotional discussion above, we sometimes get passionate about our theories. Remember everyone, we should respect all serious theories. We're obviously gonna have different views on things if Treyarch doesn't exactly spell out the story.

To answer your questions, I don't think it was poorly written, but TZ dug themselves a grave. Fortunately, they can just climb out the shallow grave in the means of adjusting story without much backlash at the moment. Personally, I think they focused too much on the "main" side quest as opposed to fleshing out the characters and map atmosphere. Whenever I stop being lazy, I'm gonna write my story suggestion for the first map of BO3 and link it in this post. Here are my "theories" towards your questions. Keep in mind, I'm not a super-expert like MurderMachineX and other people, but I think I have an okay grasp on the story.

Where did the towers that Rictofen wanted acitvated come from?

They were just regular radio towers that were a essentially a way to gain "energy" for MaxisRichtofen's plan. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the exact EE steps, but I think they involved channeling Aetheral energy for their own purposes.

Why does Weasel reference Nikolai in MoTD?

This one's probably the hardest for me to answer. Drawing inspiration from MurderMachineX's Partially Cyclical Omnipotent Samantha Theory, Samantha traversing alternate realities combined with 115's ability to displace things/people from their proper timeline would predictably lead to some odd happenings.

What happened to the OG4 on Moon?

We don't know for sure. Assuming that TranZit takes place decades after the missiles, it's possible that the O4 (guess starring Samantha Maxis as Edward Richtofen!) did what they always do, and time traveled to another place and time.

How did Samantha get to Agartha from Rictofen's body?

Again, we have no clue. Maybe Richtofen needed some place quiet so Samantha wouldn't mess up his well-deserved turn.

How are the OG4 and Maxis old in WW1, when they looked young in WW2?

Again, alternate timelines. To me, the O4 look really young in WW1, making it contradictory they look so old in WW2.

How is Samantha in WW1? Who is she exactly?

Sam is just a little girl who got involved in this madness. She was sent to be trapped in Agartha during alternate-reality WW1 for some odd reason.

How did Maxis die in WW1, but a radio says he died on Moon?

Alternato Timelineos. Jeez, if I say this more often, "Alternate Timelines" will become Black Ops 2's verson of "Vril/Aliens"!

Where did Weasel go after he broke the cycle?

He's most likely still dead, considering the events of MOTD wasn't exactly in "reality".

Where did the OG4 go after they freed Samantha?

No clue. I'm grasping at straws here, but Sam probably gave them an unimaginable reward for their brave efforts, and the cycle began again (Maxis starting G935 after Sam made her wish)

Why is 115 blue in Origins?

115 can take many forms. The orange/red meteors we're used to is just one of its many forms.

Is The Rift a portal to the dimensions?

No, as stated in my badly written topic viewtopic.php?f=100&t=36755 I think the Rift was simply an actual geological Rift.

What happened to the CoTD crew?

Most likely they survived and either had no one believe their experience or just kept it to themselves, knowing that there's no way anyone would believe them/they thought the whole thing was fake somehow.

How did the OG4 get from Kino to Ascension?

They come in on a Lunar Lander (sorry). Once again, we have no idea of fully knowing. Perhaps they overloading the teleporter in Kino and took a Lunar Lander that was nearby the facility or something?

Is the whole storyline a time loop?

Possibly. Even though I don't want it to be, the way things are looking, it may just be. We played around with the idea of a small-scale cycle in Mob of The Dead, so it's gonna be interesting to see a large scale one.

Bonus Points to whoever can tell me how to spoiler correctly (I cannot do it save my life.)

EDIT: ZombieGK wins (checked their storyline quotes thread to see proper formatting)! Yay for piggybacking off someone else's hard work!

hey everyone has their own ideas on many things,but it never stop the advancement of civilization. lets put in this way:we have our own theories,but we all put the possible ones into our theory based storyline. as long as we argee on a common story,nothing bad will happen. no one theory's can be proven right,but its not an issue unless you make it one.

• Tech Admin

Lets look at it in a different light, I'm by no means saying it is as good as this story but you can reference it to the books by release.

The Hobbit - Great introduction, wasn't really leading anywhere. WaW

Lord of the rings - The fellowship of the ring, great introduction to the lord of the rings trilogy, epic bloody epic. Blops 1 Zombies, great introduction, great characters, with a "decent" story being told.

Lord of the rings - The two towers, still a fantastic continuation of the story, started getting to know characters and others and more information coming out about them. Not sure which direction things where going but we knew it would takes us to helms deep. Blops 2, nice introduction of new characters more information coming out, not sure were we are going but know it will somehow take us to Agartha (have we even reached Agartha?)

Lord of the rings, The return of the king. Wow, what an ending what a story. Blops??

The point I'm making is that even the best book in the world can lead you into thinking, what are they doing, where are we going, I'm lost, I'm confused.

Ye have little faith, the writers know what they are doing, they know were we are going and they know what they want and what the end result will/should be.

How do we get from the beginning of the story, to the conclusion? Fiction, it is all made up along the way and loose ends are generally cleaned up before the conclusion.