Alternate Game Modes.. Yay or Nay?

I would have loved this survival map: the crazy place, with no walls/crystals. Just a box and wunderfizz in the center.

See how simple, yet cool, things could be? That idea just pooped on nuketown and every other survival mode in this game...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about this again recently, and I think what they should do is have a story mode where you start out with good weapons and stuff immediately, so you don't have to mess around with conserving points at low rounds. Then, you have survival mode which is just plain good old zombies that we all know and love. That way you can drop people into the action immediately and they still have a chance to survive, unlike BOII Custom Mode where you set it to round 20, buy a single wall weapon and immediately die as soon as you get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Definently YAY. They take about 2 hours tops for the team to fiddle with the map and make it work, and they are pretty cool. Town and Farm were the only reasons I kept my sanity until DLC 1. And Cell Block Grief and borough grief are both fantastic and fun. Turned is a big pile of...yuck. But grief is excellent and could be improved by making a few simple changes and then adding things. Survival seems a bit unnecessary to me, but keep grief, and make one other game mode. I would have loved to see what I called survival:endless in my head, which I imagined up for a DLC 5 that never came, but it took place in area 51, with unending wave of zombies, with a few perks and a box added, and pack a punch as is, plus expanding it a little bit. Imagine that in areas like the crazy place, or the processing area in buried, or the bridge in motd. Would have been fun. So in all big yes, but mix it up with some new modes. Everyone else may hate you for trying new things, but i loved it treyarch.