Is Richtofen more level-headed and calm in Origins?

EpicAnnihilater

So now that Origins is out, I really enjoy playing as Richtofen as opposed to Takio or Nikolai etc. It's mainly because Richtofen seems to be more normal and level headed on Origins, compared to maybe Kino or WaW zombies. For example, during your game as Richtofen, he'll give you nice backstory information or useful tips about the exvcavation site. One quote that you can hear at the start of the game is something like 'We don't have a lot of time. We need to get the 115 conversion generators online' which isn't really backstory, but he is helping the other characters through his knowledge, which doesn't happen a lot later on.

And inside the robots' heads, I've heard Richtofen say 'These robots patrol the site, they allow nothing to leave' which I thought was quite interesting. He also explains the Random Weapons Box as 'We found this box during our excavations. Not much is known about it, but we do know it contains weapons to aid in our survival', and he says something abour Der Wunderfizz as well.

Possibly what I'm saying is that Richtofen is more interesting and informative in Origins than he is in the other maps when he says 'MOAR BODY PARS FOR ZE DOCTOR, OOOOH!' although it is still fucking hilarious.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that Edward is in normal voice in this map. I prefer this Edward as opposed to his schizophrenic alter-ego. I love it when he is square and normal. Ever since I've heard the Der Riese radios some years back, I have always wanted to see a full version of his normal self. Love his quotes in Origins.

• Administrators

Just to burst the bubble about only hearing voices after touching the MPD, what about hearing Samantha? or did i miss something, as she seems to talk directly to the player when using zombie blood

She does...but she also addresses the entire team. It is understood that everyone can here her voice. So he is "hearing voices" but not in the "kill for me" crazy aspect we see in Waw.

Just to burst the bubble about only hearing voices after touching the MPD, what about hearing Samantha? or did i miss something, as she seems to talk directly to the player when using zombie blood

She does...but she also addresses the entire team. It is understood that everyone can here her voice. So he is "hearing voices" but not in the "kill for me" crazy aspect we see in Waw.

This is true, she does talk to the group and to the individual. She also gets very short tempered with Nikolai when talking to him at points, giving that slight demonic aspect