Story theory

Dub Zee

Ok now bare with me.

I've been a zombie vet and played extensively since NDU like most people here and after looking at 2 radios in particular in Origins, i dont believe for a second the end sequence is at all what anyone thinks, allow me to explain.

First the radios

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: When 115 is channeled towards the ancient stones, an energy field appears to drag unknown objects into our reality. Is it possible that Element 115 is disrupting the space-time continuum itself? How else could an ancient box, created eons ago, bring forth weapons from different eras, perhaps including even our own future! Further study is needed to understand these powerful and unpredictable forces.

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: The child's voice calls to me more frequently than ever. At first she spoke only of her imprisonment in a mystical realm known as Agartha. Now she claims to be my daughter, even though I know no such child exists! I fear my sanity may be slipping away from me.

Provided by Tac (thanks for these)

Now if you take the 1st radio about items being brought FROM the future to 1918 AND based on the fact that we know from previous maps we can teleport through time, proves not all is as it seems.

The second radio isn't maxis hearing Samantha in Origins, He is Hearing Her through time itself, in 1918 Maxis doesn't have a daughter called Samantha, however the Maxis from Der Riese / Moon story DOES have a daughter who IS trapped in Argartha / Aether. He doesn't talk about Samantha UNTIL the portals start being opened, further backing up the theory he is hearing it through TIME.

This means origins takes place from SAMANTHA hearing stories from Maxis and is her telling the story of her father like the intro states.

This AND the fact buried finishes on a cliffhanger proves Origins is not what people believe it to be.

There is alot more to set the theory in stone as it were but it will have to wait till Origins is completed legitly as audio and the end sequence can easily be explained too.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great theory! This is an explanation I hadn't even thought of. :D And it makes perfect sense. If guns and machines can fall through time and space, why not Samantha herself?! She would interact with the past version of her father, but he wouldn't know her yet. This is why Maxis in Buried is trying to release her from Agartha, but she is trapped in the past not the present!

Nice nice! This also explains how Origin-Samantha knows the backstory of our Four Heroes.

(She comments about Nikolai being betrayed and pushed to the frontlines) something along these lines. She does this whenever you get Zombieblood, trying to persuade our Heroes to do her bidding I assume.

I did think of one problem with the theory. If it was Samantha, she should sound corrupted like after Moon. But she does not. I mean, it could be back when she was little German girl, but... I don't know... We've always wondered what happened to her and the others, this might explain that. But the voice is odd. Maybe her voice just got better? Maybe she found another body? Maybe Agartha purified her voice? So many questions.

A good point. Maybe her psychological condition has a direct influence to how she sounds to our Characters.

During Moon, she can literally be heard talking. In Origins, she doesn't really talk, but rather communicate through the heads of our characters, perhaps this is why her voice is so normal in Origins compared to Moon.

The other possibility could be Agartha (in which she is now stuck if I'm not mistaken) does the complete opposite to your voice then what the Aether does, basicly restoring her voice to how she normally would have sounded. We know that once in the Aether, you're voice gets a deep echo to it much like Richtofen. And Maxis (when you complete Buried's endgame).

We don't know what Agartha however does to your voice, because no one has ever communicated from that place, until Samantha that is.

Nice nice! This also explains how Origin-Samantha knows the backstory of our Four Heroes.

(She comments about Nikolai being betrayed and pushed to the frontlines) something along these lines. She does this whenever you get Zombieblood, trying to persuade our Heroes to do her bidding I assume.

She also shows great sympathy to takeo and seems to know a lot about his family and way of life

She also shows great sympathy to takeo and seems to know a lot about his family and way of life

Nice, didn't know about this. I wonder if this sympathy she shows to our characters is real or just faked to persuade them.

While on the subject, I'm not really that fond of her new voice to be honest, it's not the voice per se but how she delivers her lines. She sounds almost, happy, when she speaks about the gateway and Agartha. It feels unnatural to me. Could be just bad voice acting though.

Nice, didn't know about this. I wonder if this sympathy she shows to our characters is real or just faked to persuade them.

While on the subject, I'm not really that fond of her new voice to be honest, it's not the voice per se but how she delivers her lines. She sounds almost, happy, when she speaks about the gateway and Agartha. It feels unnatural to me. Could be just bad voice acting though.

I actually really like he voice when talking to the car actress directly in zombie blood, but I agree with you on here other lines, her tone seems a little of.

I wanna try to hear what she had to say to Dempsey and especially ric, currently I am not sure on the sincerity of her comments, I think her reaction to the completion of the EE will help me to decide

I know things seem weird and my theory isn't completely sound YET, however i believe in a few reasons why she sounds different in Origins

1. Its possible that this is from Her perspective and this is how she chooses to remember/ make herself sound

2. Its just as she gets trapped in the Aether BEFORE Maxis tells her to "Kill everyone" and is her purist point in her time trapped in that pyramid.

3. Remember her room in Kino? Through the difference engine and the Aether projection maxis was able to see 2 Of Samantha's rooms, Both Good and Evil. She clearly doesn't sound Evil in Origins And doesn't mention her father being dead as is the case in WW2 and post WW2 maps we play on

4. Treyarch for what ever reason had to change the voice actor lol

I will say this, FLUFFY IS a German shepherd, however in origins she is NOT, i believe this is Samamnthas adaptation of what really happened, as i said Maxis was alive to work with Richtofen in WW2 and nothing suggests anything happened to him otherwise so i believe that part is just exaggerated from Samantha's point of view for her remembering / Playing

we all know from Treyarch that nothing is ever as it seems and i believe Origins is no different

EDIT: you made a good point seperating Argatha from the Aether, Maybe it holds the ying/yang key, 1 holds her good half, her good room, the other Holds her Evil side, the Evil room.

also as her for her talking a out her father in A past tense i believe that is for the Easter egg purposes only ATM due to some of the interactions with the different characters in Origins when You have Zombie Blood,

Also she does get rather short tempered with Nikolai at various points, we know she is not found of Nikolai but DOES favourite Takeo

As people have completed the Easter egg now i might aswell day it here, notice the near eclipse through Samantha's window in the end sequence? That plays a huge part.

Samantha is playing with figures as her way of telling you the origins of the story through her eyes, its WW2 era as you hear air raid sirens going off and Maxis says come to the basement (for shelter) and The Fluffy in the video isn't pregnant so its a good few years before Der Riese (maybe its now being built?)

The figure she is Holding is Tank Dempsey, ironically who is ALWAYS player 1 in W@W

Maxis knows about Takeo, Nikolai and Dempsey because they also got experimented on in Der riese (CoTD radios) so if Samantha is telling / playing a game story based on what her dad has told her, that too links the characters to Maxis and Origins

Samantha "Playing Zombies" is playing with W@W original 4 and is holding Tank Dempsey, there are NOT Orgins play set or blops2 play set, its specifically W@W This is Key.

All set pieces from previous maps are in the ending but they are there to throw you.

Buried ends on a cliffhanger with the RIFT not yet mended, only a side (ying or yang) is chosen, Origins IS NOT the end of zombies it is a nod to everything seen before and a true WTF did i just see ending to the current arc just like MOON,

I've got some more writing to do in regards to further on in the Easter egg and more zombie blood quotes for you guys shortly to back this theory up abit more so il get cracking on that now

EDIT 2. I refer back to Kino Der Toten (again)

In the good Samantha's room you Hear "Samantha" being called from what can only be guessed as her mother, this is replaced by Maxis in the end scene, this could be due to two things.

1. Samantha's Mum Died during that End sequence of Origins (Maxis talks a out Samantha's mums death in Der Riese) while they are in the basement

Kinos Song 115 States "This House Is NOT my home" referring to either the illusion of Samantha's mum still being alive OR the fact her home was bombed in the aforementioned statement

Samantha "Playing Zombies" is playing with W@W original 4 and is holding Tank Dempsey, there are NOT Orgins play set or blops2 play set, its specifically W@W This is Key.

Incorrect. After the camera pans away from her face we see a zombie from MotD and from Buried.

This timeline could still work, though, because she promises Eddie that he'd get his turn tomorrow. So, it's possible that tomorrow means BO:2, Eddie is in control, gives the zombies blue eyes, and ends up playing with the zombies from MotD and Buried.

Incorrect. After the camera pans away from her face we see a zombie from MotD and from Buried.

This timeline could still work, though, because she promises Eddie that he'd get his turn tomorrow. So, it's possible that tomorrow means BO:2, Eddie is in control, gives the zombies blue eyes, and ends up playing with the zombies from MotD and Buried.

This is correct, however your point is a double edge sword, Buried AND Mob of the poop play sets are there BUT the characters Samantha is playing "as" are the W@W characters, The camera is not a camera at all, It is Tank Dempsey player model who happens to be Always Player 1 in W@W

in buried Samantha is NOT in charge of the zombies, Richtofen IS yet Samantha is playing with them, as i strongly believe Treyarch deliberately intends to throw people off by including ALL references towards previous maps

Its my strong belief that Origins did happen, however not like it did as we play through in Game, well at least NOT with Richtofen

Take away all play pieces in the End and we are left with huge clues

Richtofen Is there WITH Samantha While she is makes us play with RIchtofen as an Adult.

Maxis is there calling to Samantha and nothing is hinted that he is Dead or even been chopped up.

Air Raid sirens indicate WW2 settings which W@W and beyond is based.

Its coming up to a Full Moon (this is a huge indication and nod towards Der Riese.

Samantha says Maxis has a Plan.

If you eliminate all the possibilities, you are left with the probable, no matter how impossible it may seem at the time

I feel like we let 3arch off the hook early. Had we made more stink about the storyline having issues as soon as it did we may not have been fed this BS. Time travel, parallel universe, kids imagination and such are just licenses to do whatever they wantthey want. Don't you think we would have heard about a body transplant at some point? Richtofen wouldn't bring up saving maxis at any point during moon?

We let them off the hook and they burned us. IMO of course.

The one thing that bothers me is that in no way shape or form could two little kids in 1917 could think of the Cia/cdc. No way could they think of the pentagon. No way could they think of space travel. Skyscrapers in die rise wouldn't have been thought of. Nome of the above could be thought of in the 1918 period that we think they are in. So they could possibly be in the future. No point in the cutscene is their a reference to time besides the use of a gramophone and an old clock. They could be way into the future after a couple generations have passed and these could be rictofens and maxis kids that are just given the same names.

Plus how would these little kids think up so many complex things like the mpd/ avocado/thundergun and other wonderweapons/ancient riddles/Agatha/the moon/and all these other things.

Plus why would Eddie let Sam make his character a complete psychopath. And why would richtofen let her.

We can't hold onto thinking that anything truly happened. It was all make-believe.

Samantha played her game with Eddie and we had WaW and BO:1 excluding Moon. Eddie was confused about the story she told through her game so Origins happens. He's still not very happy with the game, so she promises to give him a turn tomorrow.

We don't see "tomorrow" in the scene, but we see it in Moon and BO:2.

Moon is probably the first game the children play "tomorrow" as a way for Samantha to give Eddie his turn and keep the story coherent in her own mind. After that, Eddie takes the story over. He makes himself a crazy german scientist, he traps Samantha in the MDT/Aether, and he wants to play with the other figurines (the N4).

CotD and MotD could have just been movie breaks throughout their games. Perhaps Samantha's father was watching a George Romero flick on Day 1 and a Mobster movie about an Alcatraz escape on Day 2. The children were just playing with their zombies while they watched/overheard the movies.

It's just a typical weekend at the Maxis home. Lol.

I posted this theory i. Another thread but im starting to think more in it now

Ok let me put it this way then, People including myself believe origins is at the start of WW2 retelling a tale of her Father etc etc.

But what if its not during the start of WW2 at all.

What if it is the End of Buried? Maxis is looking for his daughter correct? Maxis clearly must be somewhere in the Aether too, Richtofen is in the Aether controlling the zombies, So all 3 are in different time space dimensions or floating a out Argatha as the story hits the end of Black Ops 2....

What if the End sequence is All three in The Aether and THAT is what the end sequence is about, THAT right there is what would be the reason for all the play sets in the end sequence. And would feature everything from past maps as it already has happened

Before you jump down my throat, in Kino the Aether Projectionist Show Samantha's room proving that it IS possible.

Maybe Being in Argartha makes you godlike....hmmm gods...

Where have we seen that before

Thor, Odin and Freya

Maxis, Richtofen and Samantha

Two males 1 Female, coincidence? I Think not...Considering the other Norse gods that could have be used