Sniper Persistent Upgrade/ Money Shot/other names (Big Tut.)

I have been messing around with some persistent upgarades a lot lately and have found out multiple things about the upgrade. Some you would probably know, but others may not know. Lets get started :!:

How do I obtain this Persistent Upgrade?

To obtain this upgrade you need to get a very long shot with a sniper multiple times. One zombie is not enough. You also need to be accurate. You can kill about 5 zombies from a distance but if you are missing shots in between each kill, you probably will not get the upgrade.

Now that I know how to gain the upgrade, how do I lose it?

Well there is an easy answer to that question. Do not miss 3 shots in a row. If you miss 3 shots in a row you will instantly lose the Persistent Upgrade. It doesn't matter if you get up close shots. It doesn't matter if you don't get headshots. All that matters is that you are accurate.

So what does it actually do?

Well the first thing you will notice is that your points will increase after killing zombies. It will increase in increments of 30, 60, 90, or 120. The total amount of points that you will gain is 300 per zombie. So during the lower rounds when zombies have low health and one shot can kill them, you will gain 360 points per zombie.

Why do my points increase by 30 sometimes and 120 other times?

It all depends on how many zombies you kill with one shot. If you kill one zombie with one shot your points will increase by increments of 30. If you killed 2, it would be 60. If you killed 3, it would be 90. If you killed 4 zombies with one shot, you would receive 120 point increments. It doesn't matter though, you will still gain 300 points per zombie.

I haven't loss this Persistent Upgrade, but I don't get the extra points during an insta-kill.

In the higher rounds, zombies will take more then one shot to kill. So during an insta-kill, you will not actually kill the zombie, the insta-kill does. So since the sniper isn't the one killing the zombies, the game decides not to give you the 300 points.

Soooo, does this Persistent Upgrade carry over to other games?

Yes. If you do not lose the Persistent Upgrade, you will still be able to keep it during your next game of zombies. As long as you are playing Tranzit, Die Rise, or Buried. Since those are the only three maps with persistent upgrades on them.

If its on Tranzit and Die Rise also, how would I get it on those maps?

Tranzit you would think would be easy to get this upgrade on. But by yourself its hard to keep zombies far enough away to get longshots on. If you are playing co-op, then go to the tunnel and have a buddy train on side and then let him line them up and you fire into his horde. You can do this on other spots of the map also but that is where I like to do it. If you are playing solo, you will need an emp to keep the zombies still so you can kill the zombies. (video below)

In Die Rise it is actually pretty difficult to get enough longshots to get the Persistent Upgrade. Especially solo. In coop an easy way to do this is for someone to train them in the upside down skyscraper near the original box location. Have the second player stand by the Semtex and just snipe them. If you want to do this solo, you will need monkeys and a trample steam. Train them in the area next to the original box location then throw a monkey down and quickly trample steam across to the other skyscraper. Quickly fire into the horde and you should be able to get enough kills fast enough to get the Persistent Upgrade. (video below)

Other Tips

-Combine this with phd on Buried to get massive points by dolphin diving while holding a sniper.

-Going straight for the svu on Die Rise or Buried can rack your points up very quickly. Netting you 360 points per kill is almost 3x better then just knfiging.

-Don't spray with the svu :!: :!: 3 shots and you lost it.

-Utilize vulture aid in buried to help get it will help.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like when you get 130 points per kill when you throw a gersch while holding ballistic knives.

...Did I really just learn this now? Thanks!

I love using this upgrade, even when my bank is full I love racking up massive amounts of points. Seeing the numbers fill up the corner of the screen is simply awesome. It's really good for giving your friends points on TranZit and Buried, is almost guarantees 250,000 in a single playthrough.

Bump

Nicely put together BS, thanks for this

only one question I have, at the very end you mention Vulture aid helps in getting the upgrade? just curious how?

This has to be my favorite persistent upgrade we've gotten save maybe the headshot multiplier one

You can use vulture aid to make the zombies run away from you so they are father away making your sniper shots become long shots